Just Push Play

7.8

Review this album

1. thisrocksyoustillsuckthought
    May 6, 2003
    it was al right someb wat !
  2. JohnA.
    Oct 3, 2001
    Title track is the best song. Album is full of vintage guitars cranked to 11.
  3. Thissucked
    May 6, 2003
    This is the worsed cd I have ever had the misfortune to listen to! "Just Push Play" how did they think of saying that. There just a buch of want a bes. I would of never of listen to it if I would of know it was tihis bad!!!!
  4. youthis
    May 6, 2003
    it sucked it sucked it really really sucked.
  5. Polocek
    Oct 31, 2001
    I am jamming to this album as we speak. It is typical Aerosmith, but that's why I like it...
  6. RollingStone
    Oct 8, 2001
    The most solid RUSH album since Grace Under Pressure. To rate it anything below 6, the reviewer must be living in a dream world. The album has a great 'heavy sound' which gives today's bands a run for their money. Great drumming, an onslaught of guitars, a ranucy bass sound, and layers of vocals makes this album one of RUSHs best. The only knock is that it contains The most solid RUSH album since Grace Under Pressure. To rate it anything below 6, the reviewer must be living in a dream world. The album has a great 'heavy sound' which gives today's bands a run for their money. Great drumming, an onslaught of guitars, a ranucy bass sound, and layers of vocals makes this album one of RUSHs best. The only knock is that it contains sometimes too many layers of guitar and vocal tracks, which will be tough to reproduce live. All in all, RUSH still manages to keep fourth with 'todays' music, which is more than can be said for Aerosmith and other bands of their time. And they are still influential to bands of today, unlike the Eagles or Floyd who just aren't important for todays younger generation. Expand
  7. PanchoE.
    Apr 24, 2001
    Straight ahead rock for the old reliable boys. Nothing incredible, but definitely one that should be picked up if you're a fan.
  8. RudyS.
    Aug 30, 2001
    Great CD from America's best R&R band.. Steven Tyler & company just keep getting better.. "Just Push Play" is a great song... half rock... half ballads... good job fellas... looking forward to the next one.
  9. Jessica
    Jan 20, 2002
    God, I really hate to do this!! But I wasn't to impressed upon first listening!! Sorry Boys!! It all seemed overly looped-- and computer programmed. The title track is a bit odd, but that's just like Aerosmith-- give 'em something they're not expeting! Light Inside is one of the few balls-to-the-wall rock songs on the album!! C'mon guys let's here why God, I really hate to do this!! But I wasn't to impressed upon first listening!! Sorry Boys!! It all seemed overly looped-- and computer programmed. The title track is a bit odd, but that's just like Aerosmith-- give 'em something they're not expeting! Light Inside is one of the few balls-to-the-wall rock songs on the album!! C'mon guys let's here why you're called "the Bad Boy's from Boston"!! In today's overly pop culture world of plastic Britneys and pre-fab O-Towns-- we need a salvation in music today-- please Aerosmith BE THAT FOR US!! Expand
  10. malcolmitm
    Jan 20, 2004
    i was rather repelled by the first look of the laverish pink cover at the hmv store. but upon puting on the headphones, the sound of aerosmith carried me to the cashier and it was an unexpected purchase (i had no prior knowledge of the band) songs like jaded and avant garden filled the air for many weeks to come, and the overall sellpoint i think is their care-free style with some slick i was rather repelled by the first look of the laverish pink cover at the hmv store. but upon puting on the headphones, the sound of aerosmith carried me to the cashier and it was an unexpected purchase (i had no prior knowledge of the band) songs like jaded and avant garden filled the air for many weeks to come, and the overall sellpoint i think is their care-free style with some slick licks on the guitars Expand
  11. AllenB
    Nov 4, 2005
    This cd is just down right horrible! It reminds me of a Brittney Spears record! Why they are selling out is beyond me!
  12. BM
    Oct 6, 2005
    totally bitchin!!!
  13. EddieC
    Apr 3, 2006
    This isn't their best album, but its great for a tiny change from their usual more rocking sound, though this can be considered a more "pop-ish" album, with all the balads, its still a great album..
  14. DavidC
    Sep 6, 2006
    This is easily the greatest sounding Aerosmith recording. The mix is masterful. The songs are some of their very best, as well. I cannot understand how anyone could fault this disk. It's brilliant.
  15. BrianG.
    Oct 20, 2001
    I loved this album
  16. JennyJayneS.
    Aug 22, 2001
    Pure Aerosmith sound... Cool!!!
  17. JessicaF.
    Sep 3, 2001
    Great album--I love it!! All of the songs have the special Aerosmith touch but old meets new....
  18. JessicaF.
    Sep 3, 2001
  19. ColeD.
    Feb 24, 2002
    If you're an old Aerosmith fan, you're not going to like it. Compared to "Toys in the Attic" and "Rocks" it's way more eccentric. It's just proof of a band attempting to move with the times. Overall there is valuable material here but not much you could play in a bar, unless you are Aerosmith.
  20. Kyle
    May 16, 2002
    Just because it's Aerosmith...
  21. AshleyK.
    Aug 16, 2002
    the boys from boston have done it again. although different from the vintage rock, it is a breath of fresh air. sunshine is a cant get enough of it song. i love the album.
  22. JenniferC
    May 27, 2003
    This band is the best band in the whole world. They are the heart and soal of rock and roll !! Joe Perry, Steven Tyler, Joey Kramer, Brad Whitford, And Tom Hamilton Are the BEST!!!!
  23. FranzM
    Apr 15, 2005
    At least on Nine Lives, they sounded anxious to make another record, something darker than they'd done in years. This one here is just an album for the sake of having a new product to go out and promote on tour. And it's embarrassing.
  24. kartikk
    May 13, 2005
    Definitely one of the best collection of Aerosmith i've ever heard to.
  25. stevec
    Sep 28, 2006
    loads of fun
  26. TaylorS.
    Nov 5, 2001
    I love Areosmith and I love Jadded and this was a good album but not one off the all time greats to get and 9 or 10
  27. ElinaB.
    Apr 29, 2001
    Very original (except for Fly away from here). I love the beat, the solos and the overall feel of the album. Great mix of harder rock sounding songs (Outta Your Head, Just Push Play, Trip Hoppin'), and strong ballads (Luv Lies, Sunshine). It has a very fresh sound while staying true to the "Aerosmith formula". Awsome!!
  28. PamelaL.
    Aug 16, 2001
    I like it
  29. BeaS.
    Jun 22, 2002
    It is not the best they have ever done but i did love it and was very proud of them once again.They are the best band of all time in my eyes so i doubt there is much i would not like.i can't wait for the next one.thanks you guys.
  30. NorvilleR
    Jun 26, 2004
    This CD Rocks!!! If you like Aerosmith you will love it!

1. Sure, there's the occasional melodramatic interlude (despite its lyrical cliches, "Luv Lies" has the potency to be another "Angel"-size smash). But there's also more white-knuckled hard-rock intensity here than on the band's most recent efforts.
  2. Much of the 'Smith's music is reassuringly familiar, barely changed over their previous 12 albums, a mix of loose-jointed Stones raunch and vast power ballads impressive enough to bring out the 40-something in all of us.
  3. The band’s most energetic record since 1993’s Get A Grip.