Luxury Problems - Andy Stott
8.3

Review this album

1. Nov 9, 2012
    Oh my god I love this album. With this album came the creation of a dark and enigmatic world that I was able to get sucked into with ease. That's what I love about andy stott's music, It has the capacity to draw me into a place I didn't expect to find comfort in. When listening I honestly feel like I'm in some neo noir, intergalactic setting in the future , and I feel like I belong in that setting whenever I listen. Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2013
    Visceral, bleak and extremely immersive solitary listening is essential. It's been a very long time since I've encountered something so ethereal and dreamlike. saasdit's fairly predictable structurally (which isn't a criticism, merely an observation), Stott's bizarre sound pallet is instantly recognisable, forebodboding
  3. Jan 10, 2013
    An absolutely brilliant record. Deep house bass and nice vocal samples make a great atmosphere. It is a very fulfilling listen and leaves me feeling refreshed.

1. May 30, 2013
    What a sublime hush of an album. Your iPhone dreams about this music.
  2. Dec 14, 2012
    Never before has the producer been as sharp (or as murky) at the boards as he is here, seamlessly tuning long-winded drones with slavedriver clangs into hypnotic locked grooves.
  3. Dec 11, 2012
    Luxury Problems is distinguished by the piercing vocals of Stott's former piano teacher, Alison Skidmore; looped, layered and heavily reverbed, they coil elegantly around Stott's brutalist constructions. [Jan 2013, p.83]