Made of Bricks - Kate Nash
6.7

Review this album

1. Sep 21, 2010
    I love this album. THe first thing that wowed me was that Nash writes all her own songs and music. Another thing is her style..I love how you can hear her accent while she's singing and overall I would reccomend this album even to the unbelieving in music
  2. May 27, 2011
    With the magnificent debut of Foundations and the follow up singles I had high hopes for this album but it didn't quite live up to the expectation.
  3. May 11, 2012
    Nash's co-written material on this album makes for an interesting listen but the rest of the album, written on her own, can take some time to get used to; the quirky hooks and squashed-up lyrics don't always hit the ear right the first time around but I guarantee you after a couple more listens it becomes clear that Nash is a more than capable songwriter with a lot to say. Her lyrics, brutally honest yet so indirect, sung in her trademark talky-singy style, makes every song instantly relatable, none more so than "We Get On", a heartbreaking song about having a crush on someone. Other highlights are the cheeky pop song, "Pumpkin Soup" (co-written with Paul Epworth, the man behind Adele and Florence), and the over-produced yet hard-hitting **** Song". The kooky story of a young girl, "Mariella", also becomes very addictive too. Overall, a great debut album, albeit an acquired taste! Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2012
    'Made Of Bricks' Is the amazing debut by English Singer-Songwriter, Kate Nash. The album puts together simple song arrangements with often quirky-witty lyrics. Nash has an ability like no other to capture the outspoken thoughts, feelings and emotions of a human, which categorizes her as an individual at what she does .
  5. Apr 26, 2011
    Not at all impressed by this album. After all the hype that surrounded Kate Nash I must admit, I expected something at least semi-listen-able. I just find her a little too much like a Lilly Allen wannabe, a little cringe worthy in my opinion.

1. It's one of the most exciting debuts by a young female pop artist in ages. If occasionally it veers a wee bit too much towards the cutesy-kooky.
  2. Essentially, Made Of Bricks is comprised of a lot of below-par b-sides, three pretty special tracks and then bunch of 'nice tries'...but don't expect anyone to be whistling them in three months' time.
  3. So, from bed-bound broken foot casualty to creator of the finest debut album of the year in just over a year.