Music - Madonna
8.2

Review this album

1. Sep 17, 2010
    "Music" was definitely music to my ears. My favorite song ever is the title track and the whole album is simply amazing. She has not fallen short of a great album yet and i doubt that she will ever! Definitely check it out Key Tracks; "Music" "Gone" Don't Tell Me"
  2. May 3, 2012
    Amazing! Madonna's album "Music" is just like a perfect mix of "Confessions" and "Ray of Light". It has that more spiritual and experimental work like "Ray of Light", while its grounded and amazingly blended with "Confessions".... Her most notified work through a more mixture of pop music, with dance, techno, eurodance, eurodisco and electronica.... Overall, Madonna makes this album a top notch.
  3. Mar 2, 2011
    I feel strange giving this a nine out of ten; it's hardly iconic or revolutionary and it's not an album you must hear before you die. With that said, Music has so few faults. It's merely a near-perfect pop record. All of the songs are good yet none of them individually make or break the album. So, what you have here is a thoroughly enjoyable listen from start to finish. More consistent and pleasing to the ears than Madonna's previous Ray of Light, the arty-farty concept of which predictably garnered more critical acclaim than this CD ever will. Expand
  4. Jun 2, 2011
    The follow-up to the widespread success of Ray of Light, Music is Madonna's most musically impressive since Like a Prayer. A welcome embrace for the new millennium.
  5. Sep 2, 2012
    One of Madonna's best and most innovative albums ever. Easily her best one released in the 00s. Confessions On a Dance Floor is great but it's a little bit overrated.
  6. Dec 9, 2012
    "Music" is the second part of "Ray of Light".Equally confessing and outspoken.Madonna's enlightence remains the same...Also,a brilliant prophet to "American Life" somehow....
  7. Apr 11, 2013
    I will never understand why some fans dislike this album: MUSIC is in my opinion even better than RAY OF LIGHT.
    I guess that too many fans were expecting a RAY OF LIGHT PART 2...
    Granted, there may not be a FROZEN and a THE POWER OF GOODBYE, but overall the album is by far more pleasant than RAY OF LIGHT (which has too many weak songs).
    Not only the title track and DON'T TELL ME are
    some of her best songs, also MUSIC is an album full of hidden gems such as NOBODY PERFECT, GONE, I DESERVE IT, PARADISE and WHAT IT FEELS LIKE FOR A GIRL, her most underrated single.
    The only weak songs are AMAZING and RUNAWAY LOVER: they aren't bad per se, they simply don't fit in the album. Unfortunately William Orbit's sound sounds dated compared to Mirwais' one.
  8. Dec 14, 2013
    O melhor álbum da rainha da década de 2000, o álbum que popularizou o electropop, algo totalmente experimental para sua época e atemporal, sua maior obra prima depois de Like a Prayer e Ray of Light.

An absolutely amazing mainstream pop album.
  2. Unlike Ray of Light's pristine inner-ear landscapes, Music is dirty, casually urgent, as if Madonna walked into the studio, got on the mike and let the machines bump.
  3. The real standouts here, though, are the ballads. With "I Deserve It" and "Gone," the legacy of the corporeal and spiritual Madonna lays down amid the simplicity of basic percussive beats and acoustic guitar.