Nobody's Daughter

6.6

Review this album

1. WendyJ
    Apr 28, 2010
    Brilliant record. A firey, passionate, triumphant return for Love. Some of the most thrilling radio rock and some of the most heartbreaking ballads I've heard in years. It can't touch Live Through This, but I think she is lyrically at her peak; and WHAT A PEAK. All the songs are well-written, and produced to perfection. Simply a wonderful record, well done!
  2. Mar 11, 2012
    This album is by far, the greatest piece of work I have heard this generation. Courtney Love proves she is back and she's staying. This album is amazing. I could praise it for hours and hours. "Nobody's Daughter" states Courtney's faults and shows a vulnerable side to her that nobody has seen while still having the emotional, powerful lyrics that she always has had. It's a very amazingThis album is by far, the greatest piece of work I have heard this generation. Courtney Love proves she is back and she's staying. This album is amazing. I could praise it for hours and hours. "Nobody's Daughter" states Courtney's faults and shows a vulnerable side to her that nobody has seen while still having the emotional, powerful lyrics that she always has had. It's a very amazing album and it has so much meaning behind it. There is something about Nobody's Daughter that I haven't felt with any other album... It's like Courtney is instead of avoiding her scars and mistakes she is overcoming them and standing up and saying F*** You and I'm back.. I could literally praise this album FOR HOURS. Expand
  3. Michael
    Apr 28, 2010
    The album could've been longer, but the material is solid. Stand outs are "Nobody's Daughter", "Honey", "Pacific Coast Highway" and "How Dirty Girls Get Clean".
  4. LynnS.
    Apr 30, 2010
    Evey time I hear her sing, a vision of a donkey comes to my mind. Her voice is sounding like a very pained donkey's whinny. I hope it's her last album. How embarrassing!
  5. RezJ
    Apr 29, 2010
    I tried my best to listen to the whole cd but i couldn't. it's a disaster. what happened to this band. they had "Celebrity Skin" but now with "Nobody's Daughter" i think it's end of their career.
  6. LD
    Apr 30, 2010
    Well not the masterpiece i was hoping for,but far from a disaster.most of these songs have been kicking around in various forms for the past 3 years,it's a grower not a shower and samantha and skinny little bitch will be perfect soundtrack for summer!long live courtney!!rock on with your badself!
  7. JosephT.
    Apr 30, 2010
    It has some fine moments, but not enough; unfortunately. *For fans only*.
  8. SamR.
    Apr 27, 2010
    Very uneven album. Some great tracks samantha, pch, honey and some ur...letter to god? Still i like it as it sounds like nothing else out there, doesn't pander and is a raw rocky jaunt.....reviews I have read have been extremely harsh and mostly seemed aimed at courtney's public persona, not the music.
  9. Sep 30, 2010
    Overall, a weak album, however the good songs are extremely strong.
  10. Jan 10, 2013
    This record is beyond brilliant. The best album of 2010. It's raw, powerful and obviously Courtney Love has still got it. You can tell in every one of these songs. Absolutely spellbinding and beautiful. Their best work since 1994's "Live Through This."
  11. Dec 3, 2013
    It's a real shame when bad albums happen to good bands. Courtney Love fires her original band members, hires a new crew and expects the same magic from the 90s? Epic fail.

1. The emotion fueling her pretense is cathartic nevertheless.
  2. Nobody's Daughter recalls the highlights of the band's critically acclaimed 1994 album, "Live Through This," and shows that, as a band, Hole is not one bit damaged.
  3. While Love remains as ferocious as ever, the bleak, samey production here doesn't always rise to meet her.