7.5

Review this album

1. Sep 27, 2013
    People on here claiming that if you don't like Drake, you don't know music are the prime example of why the music industry f*cking sucks and has since '95.
    This album was terrible, i even gave it a chance (I haven't listened to rap in years)
    You cannot tell this is a "Classic" album, it doesn't take more than one guy to make beats and talk fast over them.
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    Too much autotune and singing. Album is average at best, drake will never reach Kendrick's level. It's a disgrace to call this rap, its too soft. Go back to your wheelchair and try again
  3. Sep 24, 2013
    Drake isn't rap. It maybe a form of hip hop-certainly a part I can do without. I can positively say he speaks real and is different from alot of things out there. I liked maybe 2 tracks at most. But less than half the tracks on the Cd actually have him rapping. The rest are attempts at singing or something like that. If I want singing I can find much more talented artists to listen to.
  4. Oct 18, 2013
    Honestly when started from the bottom came out I thought this album would be dope.
    But then it hit the shelves and it was some sack with him singing and crooning.
    Besides for a few decent spurts of lyricism by drake, this album is borderline retarded, I lost all respect for everyone who worked on it, even jay z who is a legend. That song cake is stupid. Just hold on showed the Canada
    in him. Don't buy it if you like rap music, if you like r and b buy it but this is Canada Expand
  5. Jan 15, 2014
    Metacritic....is this a joke?

Drake now has an album that is supposedly better than the MMLP. What the actual **** is going on. Drake's new album not only jumps around from pitifully forced love song to pitifully forced love song, but the instrumentals all sound practically the exact same. He has nothing new to offer, so he fabricates this "started from the bottom" BS, even though
    the little prick has been rich his whole life. Weak rhymes, decent singing, bland instrumentals.

It seems critics are pretty close to elementary school kids. They all dress the same, and the second they get a teacher who does something different, even if he/she doesn't teach them anything, they all have mini-orgasms. FU.
  6. Oct 21, 2013
    Yet another album from a so called rapper. Even Lil Wayne could do better. I rate this a 3 because of it.
    Please drake, go drink some bleach. A few here and dead
  7. Nov 4, 2013
    The album was okay, good, impressive but the fact that drake spent so much time lamenting, not feeling it.......another thing I the fact that he always comes out with simple rhyming patterns....word play is not his strong side and even worse, is his choice of topics....technically poor but hey, maybe being technically poor is his style of rapping.....
  8. May 15, 2014
    This album was a disappointment, I heard a few songs on the radio before the relies and they sounded alright but when u listen to the album much different... This album feels rushed meaning less lyrics drakes going over the same topics song after songs, this album get boring and a joke, for example the song worst behavior is terrible, this album was a big let down. Again if your into main stream rap you'll probably like it..3.9/10 Expand

1. Dec 11, 2013
    Drake has certainly mastered the art of making Drake records. [Nov 2013, p.66]
  2. Nov 26, 2013
    Nothing Was The Same is straight to the point, and in just over an hour, Drake closes the book on Take Care, yet opens the chapter to a brighter future. [Nov 2013, p.89]
    Drizzy’s candid lyrics about battered egos and insecure relationships were refreshing early on in his career, but the persona is wearing thin as he recalls how rich his melancholy has made.