8.5

Review this album

1. Nov 15, 2012
    Lizzy Grant aka Lana Del Rey has come out with her sophomore effort of an album under a professional label. Instead of working with a real producer she worked with film scorer Rick Rubin who produced the album. With that I say the album is a pleasant change from the recycled production of Born To Die however lacked diversity. When the instrumentals overpower and more interesting than whatLizzy Grant aka Lana Del Rey has come out with her sophomore effort of an album under a professional label. Instead of working with a real producer she worked with film scorer Rick Rubin who produced the album. With that I say the album is a pleasant change from the recycled production of Born To Die however lacked diversity. When the instrumentals overpower and more interesting than what you are singing, it shows that your lyrics are not as powerful and with Lana it was just that. Her voice lacked range and diversity and she sound monotone in all of her songs. If you do decide to buy it and had to buy two songs i would suggest Cola for the iconic beginning line of where she refers to her vagina as tasting like Pepsi cola and Blue Velvet a remake of the timeless fifties song which she actually perfects. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    Very draggy album, once you hear curse words it sparks the album up a little bit. Very good nonetheless. I thought we'd see a much diffident side from her but we still go slow low notes.
  3. Jul 10, 2014
    Mmm.. no está mal, no es para tirar cohetes pero tiene alguna canción con melodías que enganchan. Pero no todas... algunas son demasiado repetitivas o simples.
  4. Dec 8, 2013
    I bought her album Born to Die with high hopes. I was not let down. I bought Paradise, and I was let down. All of the songs sound the same, and there is nothing exciting about it. I love Lana, but this is definitely not her at her best.
  5. Nov 17, 2013
    Paradise is a very cohesive album and is well conceived and executed to Lana’s general standards. It is however evident that the general basisis for this album is her desire for the good-ol’ days of American culture. Ironically her wishy-washy slick pop approach makes me think that if this is what America was than it is wonderful that it has evolved.
  6. Jul 29, 2014
    Two extremes coexist in this EP: sublime ballads like Ride and American, and disgusting and extremely complicated tracks that don't have a clear purpose in the whole package. The result? A large plethora containing everything and -at the same time- nothing.

1. Jan 2, 2013
    Born to Die's highlights are both slightly more numerous and slightly more effective--but it's still a very strong, successful record, whether taken as an addition or a follow-up.
    Though she makes a few knowingly meta nods to her own rep, Paradise leans too hard on the same tired drowsy-Lolita poses. [23 Nov 2012, p.70]
    Once you accept that Lana knows exactly what she's doing--that she, not Interscope Records or any of her co-producers, is the architect behind this R-rated retro-pop fantasy--then maybe you'll start loving her, too.