Pig Lib

Mar 26, 2003
    It's great.
  2. JohnHughes
    Mar 29, 2003
    A masterpiece, plain and simple. The standardbearer of indie rock returns once more to beat down the poseurs.
  3. charliec
    Apr 4, 2003
    This is the best new album I have heard in a while. I mainly just wanted to write this to point out how stupid the Billboard reviewer of this album (Ben French?) for calling heartache a "modern theme." What a moron.
  4. CB
    Mar 17, 2003
    Very good, although I've only listened to it a few times. Probably the best since 1994 pavement.
  5. bjorkboll
    Apr 20, 2003
    Better than his solo debut, but lacking some of Pavements unpredictability.
  6. IanC
    Apr 27, 2003
    A really great and diverse record. The music always sounds so full and sexy. Loved every minute of it.
  7. mikef
    Apr 6, 2003
    It's like the first solo album or one of the Pavement albums in that it grows on you with repeated listenings. Different songs are your favorites everyday-- today I really like 'Sheets'.
  8. KingFlower
    Jun 29, 2003
    This album is extremely addictive....listen to it more than once before drawing any conclusions. I'm not a huge pavement fan, so this release was quite surprising.
  9. BobBoobersmith
    Mar 18, 2003
    Bold but not presumptuous, charming but not obsequious, limp, impish, pimpish, lathered, rinsed, repeated. A bold statement from a true American patriot.
  10. xPh
    Apr 11, 2003
    Pig Lib only has to spin four times before it burn a hole in your head and heart.
  11. danc
    May 15, 2003
    love every minute of it!! Saw them @ Irving Plaza, so tight and into it...It was great!
  12. JohnA
    Jun 15, 2003
    I love this CD! It's everything music should and can be...whatever the hell that means. His guitar work on 1% of 1 rivals that on "People" from the great Silver Jews CD, American Water (which IMHO is simply the best recording of the post-punk era). Anyway, I liked the debut, but this one is certainly more consistent and a constant source of pleasure.

1. Our adult Malkmus is less prone to toss off a half-finished rough gem and more likely to polish and polish until things are a little too shiny.
  2. The Wire
    A natural follow-up to his first solo outing. [#229, p.68]
  3. What makes these songs really special is their ability to maintain a pop coherency, whilst being genuinely quirky and experimental.