Pretty.Odd. - Panic! At the Disco
6.5

Review this album

1. Mar 5, 2014
    I loved how random it all felt at first yet listening to it clarified the lyrics a little bit every time. Even now, 6 years and 200 listens later, it's still so catchy and in my opinion Panic's best album to date.
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    With "Pretty. Odd.", the band is trying to tell us that they matured. And that seems about right. The Beatles and The Beach Boys are some of the obvious major influences around here. "Nine In the Afternoon" is a great hit song that could only have been done by them. And that goes to "That Green Gentleman" as well. "Northern Downpour", a fan favorite, is a beautiful melodic tune ready to melt your heart. "Do You Know What I'm Seeing?" and "She Had the World" are other highlights but, undeniably, the surprise here is "When the Day Met the Night", one of Panic's best efforts to date. If you're looking for good music and/or trying to escape a little bit from today's electro-pop radio hits, "Pretty. Odd." is definitely worth your time and money. Expand
  3. Apr 20, 2012
    This was Panic at the Disco at their best. Pretty. Odd. is a great example of a band maturing their sound for their sophomore album. If only it hadn't been so short lived...
  4. Mar 14, 2011
    Panic! At the Disco are perhaps my favourite band- none of my opinion is based on this albubm. A terrible, terrible follow up to their first album. THis song contains two good tracks, 'Nine in the Afternoon' and 'Things have Changed'. I am disappointed in this album. Not only is it too far from what Panic! At the Disco are known for, but their 'new' sound is whiny and boring.
  5. Sep 13, 2010
    This album SUCKS. The other one is _AMAZING_, probably my favorite album by any band, ever. But this one... just disappointing. So SLOW and not clever at all!

1. More often than not (and this is the kicker, ladies and gentlemen), Pretty. Odd. is just pretty dull.
  2. Even when it's over the top, which is basically always, Pretty. Odd. sounds cheerful, with a broad sense of humor that does honor to the noble legacy of ELO mastermind Jeff Lynne.
    Pretty.Odd lives up to its title because it dares to be optimistically beautiful at a time when sadness and ugliness might have won them easier credibility. [Apr 2008, p.92]