8.0

Review this album

1. JulieW
    Jun 20, 2003
    AmAnSet has somehow topped their amazing full length "know by heart", I have no idea how they did it. Promis of love is so extremely lush and softly inviting, yet poppy and satisfying. Andrew kenny's voice is stronger and sexier than its ever been, its like hes standing only feet away from you. Perfect summer time jams, a must for any kid who considers themselves an indie lover.
  2. NickS
    Jun 20, 2003
    This album is kind of a throwback. It goes back more to from our living room to yours and the fun of watching fireworks than off of Updatez EP or Know by Heart. After hearing the song These Days and the single track from promise of love (hard to find) i thought I figured out where this album was going, but I was wrong, and I'm disappointed. I'm only giving it 6 out of 10 because This album is kind of a throwback. It goes back more to from our living room to yours and the fun of watching fireworks than off of Updatez EP or Know by Heart. After hearing the song These Days and the single track from promise of love (hard to find) i thought I figured out where this album was going, but I was wrong, and I'm disappointed. I'm only giving it 6 out of 10 because I'm a big fan, and I really like the song Hard to Find. Expand
  3. adamg
    Jun 20, 2003
    This is by far their best album to date. The songs are just perfect. Andrew Kenney's vocals are angel-like and the rhythm is tighter than ever. I highly recommend this.
  4. cussdaddy
    Jun 25, 2003
    it's such a jam...back to their roots, see? you think you do, but you don't...you really don't.
  5. DanielF
    May 29, 2005
    Subtle, shimmering, and breathtakingly gorgeuos chillout reflection music.

1. Promise never runs out of steam or succumbs to laziness, but it's never as engaging as it should be, either.
    Promise of Love's cyclical episodes unravel at an amenable mid-pace, each one allowed just enough time to establish a mood bfore halting as over-familiarity threatens. [Jul 2003, p.101]
  3. Narcotic, hypnotic and quietly cerebral, it's more satisfying and less elusive. [Jul 2003, p.112]