8.1

Review this album

1. Oct 10, 2014
    There is a reason that they won a Grammy for Best Album of the Year and this might probably be it:

This album is one of the most creative piece of works that I have ever heard, instead of focusing on electronica and dance music, they take a time machine into funk and soul of which they get spot on. Even though I love rock, I have a love for soul and house music and this works
    beautifully in my opinion.

All the tracks are near-perfection with every beat being incredibly catchy and fun to dance along to. A mix of classic music in the 60's ('Lose Yourself to Dance' and 'Get Lucky') to the dance music that we know today (in the last track of the album 'Contact').

10/10 The most personal Daft Punk album and not only is it a gorgeously wonderful album with nostalgia, but it's rewarded for it's effort with Grammys galore and truly so.
  2. Aug 22, 2014
    Gets all a bit bloated sometimes. It is a great CD, the greatest of last year, just flawed. "Touch" should've been a single. And "Lose Yourself to Dance" is mediocre.
  3. Jul 26, 2014
    Properly Putting One In The Mood To Dance, Random Access Memories Brings Daft Punk's Signature Noise To The Stage And With It A Possible Uprising In Dance Music.
  4. Jul 2, 2014
    This album blew me away but I was wasn't expecting to hear this new wave of Daft Punk music. The new Daft Punk has now incorporated more radio friendly songs and excellent disco-tech that will keep you grooving into the wee hours of the night. Random Access Memories is an excellent album that surprised many loyal Daft Punk fans. Some will be turned off by the new style Daft Punk has incorporated but I for one am in awe by how groovy and slick this album actually turned out being. Expand
  5. Jun 7, 2014
    Nile Rogers and Pharrel Williams collaboration featuring Daft Punk. There is little here of what made Daft Punk great. The boundary pushing, the experimentation, the beats and the bleeps are sacrificed to be replaced by the soft disco funk that lived and died after a brief albeit enjoyable existence in the late 70's. Gone are the excellent yet unknown vocalists of Discovery to make room for big names, as if Daft Punk need to resort to adding featuring 'flavor of the month' artist to every other song. Nothing will date the albums of recent years more than the soon to be forgotten guest vocalists that must be added to the track name, seems that being hidden in the sleeve notes isn't good enough anymore. The exception is Julian Cassablancas on Instant Crush, one of the best songs on show and he is not afraid to have his vocal digitized till near unrecognizable. By removing all the Pharrell songs from your mp3 player you can have a much more enjoyable experience;you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd bought a new Nile Rogers album though. Expand
  6. May 24, 2014
    Average album with some decent tracks, most of them are bad. People think because it's Daft Punk and it has some weird elements means it's good and redefining music. Well that's false, nothing about this album is new nor special.
  7. May 15, 2014
    Daft Punk have continued to provide us with mellow beats and good songs. This is an album that I could lose myself in whether on my way home or anywhere else. Thumbs up!
  8. May 5, 2014
    Random Access Memories is full of amazing songs, especially contact. The one complaint I do have is that the song Motherboard is really lacking, and not as memorable as the others, such as touch, giorgio, and contact are.
  9. Apr 16, 2014
    Mesmo que esse disco não lembre em nada os seus antecessores, ''Random Acess Memories'' é um album que possui muito conteúdo. Com tracks mais comerciais como ''Get Lucky'' e ''Lose Yourself To Dance'', Daft Punk atinge o publico mais popular, mas ao mesmo tempo consegue chamar atenção do publico com gosto mais refinado com faixas que fazem referencia a musicas antigas. Tudo isso sem perder a magnitude do começo ao fim do disco e mostrando uma inovação da dupla francesa, rendendo ao album com o titulo de um dos melhores de 2013. Expand
  10. Apr 3, 2014
    The album Random Access Memories by Daft Punk don't have anything to show for the eletronic music in the current days. Pharell Willians isn't the Great musician, but is just a new face in the American Music. So, we can't believe that this work is important because the stereotypes of the society created.
  11. Mar 31, 2014
    8 years since their last album (I would not count Tron), the robots finally get their groove back. Literally. From start to finish, Random Access Memories reminds us how great 70's music is to the modern listeners. There's a homage to Giorgio Moroder in there which really brings back the late 70's early 80's disco-electro vibe, the addition of Nile Rodgers, and of course the fabulously addictive Pharrell-featuring Get Lucky. RAM plays well accordingly. From the first song all the way to the epic ending that begs your mind to start the journey all over again. In fact, when I got the album the first time, I could not stop playing it repeatedly. There are a few drawbacks though such as the fact that some songs sound nearly similar one another. Overall though, a great comeback from the duo and the one of the best albums of 2013. Expand
  12. Mar 24, 2014
    Random Access Memories seems to look back on all the artists previous work, and mash it all together, whilst also adding in something far more creative and innovative. Access Memories is indeed a long album, but each and every single track on this album shines out and pulls you straight into the disco-techy void that this touching, exciting, steaming with adventure album in fact is. There won't be another dance album like this for a while, no doubt. Expand
  13. Mar 20, 2014
    Random access memories is definitely hands down the best album of the year. Finally, some music that actually feels fresh. Daft punk's new album really gives you a sense of the 70s/80s EDM and a really funky vibe. I must admit it doesn't feel like the same Daft Punk from 10 or so years ago, but is great nonetheless. A solid 8/10.
  14. Mar 4, 2014
    I love the whole album. Our 2 robots associate perfectly many instruments to bring us the best tunes of the year 2013. I imagined that many tracks of this album will belong to the 25th future when the robots appear and gradually replace the human... Taste un cup of cafe while listening this album, so great
  15. Feb 28, 2014
    One of the best album of the year do by the bests artists of electro it's good to see french to have succes! but I have something to say for my -2 point. For me this is not realy Daft punk because this to pop.
  16. Feb 22, 2014
    A perfect album from robot electronic duo Daft Punk. Better than Discovery, has less repetition. Daft Punk worked together great musicians like Nile Rodgers from Chic, Panda Bear, Julian Casablancas from The Strokes, Giorgio Moroder. RAM makes us feel like we are in 70s.
  17. Feb 14, 2014
    I never thought it would be possible to listen to such disco-sound-like brand new music in 2013.

Huge thanks to Daft Punk, Nile Rodgers and Pharrel Williams for this amazing and awesome album.
  18. Feb 12, 2014
    Love Random Access Memories because the record fuse digital instrumentation.
    The tribute to Giorgio Moroder is superb. I've listened the album dozens of times.
  19. Feb 11, 2014
    I don't why people now say that they miss the old daft punk.Sure Get Lucky was more of a mainstream type of pop music but I think the whole album together is just a a revision of their albums and to me it's an excellant dance music,electronica and with some songs like Touch and Within It just adds some soul to make a well rounded album and all the people givbing a score of 7 and below well they're just people who listen to Katy Perry and Justin bieber whole day ........well Prism is okay.......good perhaps. Expand
  20. Jan 26, 2014
    A landmark album. It's experimental,cinematic, and plays like a history of dance music. Not to mention that all of the collaborations are nothing short of legendary. It geeks out the music nerds out there, and pleases the tweens with perfect tracks like "Get Lucky" (over 150 Million views on youtube now.)
  21. Jan 24, 2014
    This album is extremely diverse and interesting. It collects a whole range of genres and puts them together into Daft Punk's own special form. The resulting album sounds incredible with great tunes and rifts compressing into a great dance album. A must listen to album where all songs in the album should be listened to in order for a great experience where the songs make the whole album a thorough masterpiece. Expand
  22. Jan 21, 2014
    Completely disappointed with this album. I love Daft Punk and own all their albums. This is the worse of them all. It's just plain boring, with only 2 songs that are actually great. The rest is just forgettable, with an all time low at number 7 called 'Touch', what happened with that song?!
    I just really don't get the fuss around this cd. I threw it out and put 'Alive 2007' back in the
    cd-player. Make an album like that again guys... Expand
  23. Jan 18, 2014
    [REUPLOAD]
    Daft Punk's first album in years doesn't disappoint its fans one little bit. People were skeptical that they couldn't recreate the revolution they sparked back in the 90s, but they surely did. I have to admit I don't adore every song on this album, but I love most them. My favorites include, Get Lucky, Lose Yourself to Dance, and Fragments of Time. They have amazing artists
    featured in the songs of this album, they add the perfect touch to these already spectacular songs, such as Pharrell Williams, Todd Edwards, and Julian Casablancas. This isn't my favorite Daft Punk album, but it already is and will most likely stay my favorite album of 2013. Expand
  24. Jan 17, 2014
    Franzosen im Disco-Electro Vibe

Daft Punk – Random Access Memories

Vor 21 Jahre bis sie ihre erste Single „The New Wave“ veröffentlicht hatten, waren Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo und Thomas Bangalter nur zwei electronic Musiker aus Frankreich. Durch ihre Instrumental Covers von freien Künstlern haben sie auch in ihrer folgenden Single „Da Funk“ gezeigt, dass sie von House–Techno bis
    Funk–Hiphop eigene Klangperspektiven beherrschen. Obwohl sie in den 90'er Jahren sehr gute Verkaufszahlen hatten und auch weltweit Bekannt wurden, hat ein Verlag sie als Daft Punk „Dumme Punk“ bezeichnet.

In 1997 haben Daft Punk ihr erstes Album „Homework“ veröffentlicht und haben mit dem Song „Arround the World“ in den Klassikern der 90'er Jahre ihren Platz eingenommen.

In 2001 sind sie mit dem „Discovery“ Album wieder in die Öffentlichkeit gekommen und haben in den Charts den zweiten Platz erreicht. Danach wurde das Album für den Anime Film „Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem“ als Soundtrack verwendet. Im gleichem Jahr wurde ihr live Album „Alive 1997“ veröffentlicht.

Vier Jahre später wurde das neue Album „Human After All“ in sechs Wochen aufgenommen und veröffentlicht, wobei das große Feedback ausblieb. Nach einer Woche der Veröffentlichung des Albums wurde „Musique Vol. 1: 1993-2005“ als „Best of Album“ veröffentlicht.

Ihr zweites live Album „Alive 2007“ wurde in 2007 produziert und veröffentlicht.

Daft Punk hat ihre Zuhörer seit 2007 und jetzt wieder mit der Veröffentlichung im Jahre 2013 durch das neuntes Album „Random Access Memories“ für sich gewonnen. Zwischen 2008-2012 aufgenommene 13 Songs wurden in fünf verschiedene Studios aufgezeichnet. Das Album hat eine Spielzeit von 74 min. 24 sek.. Sieben Songs wurden als Featuring von sieben international bekannten Künstlern, darunter Giorgio Moroder, Julian Casablancas, Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers, Paul Williams, Todd Edwards und Panda Bear begleitet. Das Album ist für die Disco-Electronic Genre produziert, und wurde von Columbia Records veröffentlicht. Die verwendeten Musikelemente laufen nicht nur auf Samples wie man es von Electronicmusik gewöhnt ist, stattdessen wurden der Großteil der Instrumente live eingespielt, wobei auf Synthesizer nicht verzichtet wurde. Das von Mick Guzauski abgemischte Album wurde von Bob Ludwig und Chab (Antoine Chabert) gemastert. Für die Songs „Get Lucky“ und „Lose Yourself to Dance“ wurden Musikvideos gedreht und in über 20 Länder im Fernsehen veröffentlicht.

Die Erweiterung der akustischen Instrumente im Album haben ihre Musikrichtung beeinflusst und ein schöne akustisch–elektronische Synthese gebildet. Durch die Featurings und die gut aufeinander abgestimmte Verteilung der Songs wird das Album auch bei langem Zuhören nicht langweilig.
  25. Dec 29, 2013
    Is a perfect album, maybe isn't the typical album that all the fans expected from Daft Punk, but it's still an excellent album.
    Ps: for the simple fact that it is not the same style as the previous album, does not mean it's bad.
  26. Dec 12, 2013
    Daft Punk managed to incorporate powerful emotion, playfulness, and melodic funk in what is arguably one of the best releases of 2013, hearkening back to the 'sounds of the 60s and 70s'.

EDIT: I originally gave this album a 5/10. I realized I didn't give it the fair listen it deserved.
  27. Nov 15, 2013
    OMG how I tried to like this album, although, after at least ten listens, I am afraid that I can only give it a 5. I LOVE "Get Lucky" an I so appreciate a band making a daring, successful attempt at a disco beat in this day and age, and because of that, I wanted to try to like them, since I feel they are so courageous. However, the rest of the album's electronic, robotic, and generally lackluster and incoherent feel left me disappointed. Expand
  28. Nov 13, 2013
    I'm a big Daft Punk fan and have been since I was about 14. I've enjoyed everything they've put out but frankly I hated this. It seemed a bit pointless, there was no invention it did nothing for me.
  29. Oct 22, 2013
    Random Access Memories truly is the best album of th previous years. I mean, it contains many masterpieces such as Give Life Back to Music, Touch, Giorgio by Moroder, Motherboard...
    One does not simply dislike every song on this record, Funk and Disco sounds are quite represented with this kind of Daft Punk's mastered feel.
    This album is the peak of their career: genius ideas and hard
    work emanate from Random Access Memories, thus I can't imagine giving any other grade than 10, and f**k yes, I WILL compare this album to Dark Side of the Moon or even Thriller. Damn, thank you Daft Punk for giving me goosebumps Expand
  30. Oct 18, 2013
    Best and most creative work of Daft Punk. Instead of focusing on making futuristic music, back to the past, the genres of disco and electronica that was surely gave the album the innovative touch. Random Access Memories is not only the best album of the French duo's career, but also becomes the best album of the year.

1. Jul 12, 2013
    As a record standing almost entirely on nostalgia, sure, it gives schmaltzy ’70s dance music a fine, not-sacrilegious update and sets it to a pleasant neon glow, but it’s a trip through history that’s almost more educational than immersive.
  2. Jul 3, 2013
    RAM has the immediate appeal of disco, but never overstuffs with candied hooks, even when we want it to.
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    They've wisely chosen to not compete with the younger generation of DJs, and shown the upstarts the roots of dance music. They've also proven that they are not one-trick ponies who can only build beats on samples. They do just as well with a completely different sonic pallette.