Rubber Factory - The Black Keys
8.7

Review this album

1. Jan 30, 2012
    Stack Shot Billy is great. Real nice record. Girl Is On My Mind, The Lengths, Keep Me, When the Lights Go Out are other great tracks. Definitely I must own record for any Black Keys fan.
  2. j30
    Nov 29, 2011
    Rubber Factory is a fine effort from the modern blues rock duo, but it feels like their just scratching the surface of their potential. Still the record is solid and has replay-ability.
  3. Feb 4, 2012
    Not sure what I'm missing here, but this is just a regular blues rock, and the songs are OK but nothing really original or great (Black Crowes and countless others before them all the way back to 60's did a lot better). Not sure where these high scores come from..
  4. Jul 2, 2013
    Key word: VARIETY. This is the first Black Keys album with some variety and that alone makes this a much stronger record than their first two. It isn't easy to bring variation to the blues formula but Rubber Factory does it. This record would have been flawless if they cut the last 3 songs and plucked "grown so ugly" out of the catalog as the rest is great.

It sounds and feels bigger.
    I was pretty take it or leave it when it came to blues music, but this album has me into it big time. Expand

1. There's a bit more quiet time on this effort. [Nov 2004, p.149]
    The sparse arrangements and DIY aesthetic give the Keys a rock and roll genuineness that's missing from their contemporaries. [#8, p.79]
  3. This is deceptively simple, back-to-basics rock music that no honest American can help but enjoy.