Seventh Tree - Goldfrapp
8.4

Review this album

1. Nov 3, 2010
    This album reminds me more of their first album in the sense that it's much slower and more sentimental. The songs show how they wanted this album to be different from Black Cherry and Supernatural, and I understand some people might not like that. I still like it for what it is and hope they keep releasing great music like this.
  2. Aug 10, 2011
    Black Cherry is easily the most enjoyable Goldfrapp album and I honestly prefer their electro wave than this slow tone but nobody can ignore the beauty of "Happiness" or "Eat Yourself".
  3. Dec 8, 2013
    A calm and understated piece of art is probably too limited to the experience of Seventh Tree. Goldfrapp's first attempt to abandon their dance floor sensibilities to create a mythical 70s-folk inspiration pays off. Download: Happiness, A&E, Monster Love.

1. Goldfrapp and Gregory have made an album as hummably lovely as it is knowingly referencing of a certain tradition of neo-psychedelic English whimsy.
  2. Some more uptempos would have been nice, but Seventh Tree still makes for good post-party chill- out music.
  3. From the first minute till the last, this is enthralling, invigorating stuff, and because of that it's comfortably the duo's best album yet.