Silent Shout - The Knife
8.8

Review this album

1. Jan 23, 2013
    Well people from Q certainly have reason to feel like fools because 7 years later it's quite obvious that Silent Shout is modern masterpiece and one of very best albums of whole decade.
  2. May 29, 2013
    This is a brilliant collection of groovy electronic tracks with haunting vocals and some nice ambient numbers too. The Knife don't really sound like anything else I've heard. I love them for that. They're a shining example of how different and creative you can be with synths. Incredibly rich and varied music. I almost find it hard listening to anything else after discovering them,This is a brilliant collection of groovy electronic tracks with haunting vocals and some nice ambient numbers too. The Knife don't really sound like anything else I've heard. I love them for that. They're a shining example of how different and creative you can be with synths. Incredibly rich and varied music. I almost find it hard listening to anything else after discovering them, Everything else just seems a bit samey and mediocre/ Expand
  3. Feb 17, 2012
    This album is absolutely fantastic - the etheral darkness of it suits the jagged hookiness of the synths and to be honest, I think the vocals add to the otherworldlybe more than they do distract!
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    This album is a classic, experimental but still catchy as hell. It deserved higher score than this. Hightlights are "Silent Shout", "We Share Our Mothers' Health", Marble House",... actually the whole album are highlights.
  5. Aug 17, 2014
    "A hideous mess of electro noodling..., tuneless vocals."

Do people from Q have ears, though? It's the best electronic album of last 20 years. What's better than Silent Shout, maybe Teenage Dream by Katy Perry, right Q Mag?

1. A much darker, more ambitious set of songs than the Knife's previous work.
  2. On Silent Shout, The Knife have shaken off their more tangential musical inclinations and produced an intensely cohesive album, a monochrome rainbow that has emerged from the unfocused torrential rainstorm of before.
  3. This is one of the most rich and accomplished albums of recent times. Essential.