Slave Ambient - The War on Drugs
8.4

Review this album

1. Sep 1, 2011
    A lot of great bands have put out records this year. This album is hands down, my favorite! If you are a fan of Kurt Vile, I can't see you not adoring this. It's very different yet you can tell they have played together for several years and their influences rub off on each other in so many different and amazing ways! Fantastic band puts out a fantastic record!
  2. Aug 19, 2011
    July and August have been pretty boring music wise. This is the best thing I've heard this summer. It kind of reminds me of a cross between Cut Copy and Kurt Vile (check them out!). Considering all of the crappy pop music this year, this album shows that maybe there is hope for music. The same goes for albums like Helplessness Blues by Fleet Foxes, No Color by The Dodos, Kiss Each Other Clean by Iron & Wine, Whokill by tUnE-yArDs, etc. Very experimental, very moving. Good job. Expand

1. Jan 4, 2012
    Slave Ambient makes a triumph of the unlikely premise that US heartland rock and Krautrock would mix like old friends.... A wonderful record.
    He sounds like Bob Dylan or Tom Petty when he sings – laconic, nasal, matter of fact – but his songs thrum and drone and hum like, well, loose ambient rock.
    Crafted with a strong presence in realizing the sequencing and tracking through it all, it unquestionably rewards with repeated listens.