Some People Have Real Problems

• Release Date: Jan 8, 2008
8.9

Review this album

1. Sep 22, 2010
    Outstanding album! "The Girl You Lost To Cocaine" was the first song I had ever heard from Sia so I looked up more of her songs and eventually bought the album! The album has songs that are painfully honest, fun, catchy and everything in between...Such a good album..Check it out
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    Sia has always been an amazing artist. She writes her own songs that are always accompanied by beautiful harmonies. What makes her even a better artist is the distinction she makes us hear from her efforts that make it impossible to call her either generic or typical. "The Girl You Lost to Cocaine", "Day Too Soon", "Soon We'll Be Found", and the cover of Kinks' "I Go to Sleep" stand outSia has always been an amazing artist. She writes her own songs that are always accompanied by beautiful harmonies. What makes her even a better artist is the distinction she makes us hear from her efforts that make it impossible to call her either generic or typical. "The Girl You Lost to Cocaine", "Day Too Soon", "Soon We'll Be Found", and the cover of Kinks' "I Go to Sleep" stand out the most. This album is stunning! Expand
  3. Dec 22, 2014
    Stunning work.Sia's SPHRP album comes with different genre slow-tempo(most of them) songs,they're quite inspiring and deep. The order of the tracks is just what makes this masterpiece work.Highly recommended. My favorite is Electric Bird.
  4. Feb 2, 2016
    Well, just one more pearl that the great Sia Furler wrote, right? No. Some People Have REAL Problemas go further than this. This amazing album can't be described only with words, it takes your soul and emotions to understand what soon you'll be finding.
  5. Oct 13, 2014
    This album is pretty hard to listen to. Sia's whiny voice doesn't impress me, and the lyrics are just flat. On some songs, Sia tells about her sad life and how every man hurts her, and then on others IN THE SAME ALBUM, she is desperately trying to find a man to be with! I just don't like this. However the bonus track, Buttons, is great! Write more songs like that!
  6. Jan 28, 2016
    I Like this album, but nos as a whole. It's not a cosistent album but the songs by itself are very touching and very well done. So, the probleme here is the whole i think as much as the songs are very playful listening to them just for the listen, the whole album turns out as a bland one compared to Healing Is Difficul and Colour the Small One. Its not a negative thing, its the nature ofI Like this album, but nos as a whole. It's not a cosistent album but the songs by itself are very touching and very well done. So, the probleme here is the whole i think as much as the songs are very playful listening to them just for the listen, the whole album turns out as a bland one compared to Healing Is Difficul and Colour the Small One. Its not a negative thing, its the nature of the album itself but its just a not-impressive album. Expand
  7. SteveC
    Apr 24, 2009
    Sia finds herself, both in voice and style, on this record. The cover art belies the carefree soulfulness that she brings to every note, while never losing masterful control of her instrument. And even if you're not a sucker for three-quarter time ballads like I am, "Soon We'll Be Found" is simply a magical piece of music.
  8. Sep 9, 2015
    Clearly my opinion is being skewed by my high expectations brought on by her later work, but... Sia, I have to admit, I wouldn't wanna be ya in 2008... A friend had recommended this album to me long ago and thank goodness this wasn't my only impression of her! Perhaps Sia was too busy putting her best work toward other projects before she realized she can have an amazing voice of her own?
  9. Aug 25, 2016
    Just
    Incredible
    Seriously, this is one of the best Sia albums
    Her voice, the lyrics, insturmentals, all
    Thanks for this precious pearl, queen Sia.
  10. Feb 8, 2016
    EASILY her best, or at least MY favorite album of hers. I'm pressed over the fact this is her lowest scored album on metacritic. Every song here is fantastic, can't even choose standout tracks.
  11. Feb 14, 2016
    It's great album! Little Black Sandals, Academia, Buttons, Soon Be Will To Found - it's athem of my life. I Go To Sleep, Day Too Soon, Lentil - made me cry. Death By Chocolate - help me in my life
  12. Feb 4, 2017
    One of her best albums, at least my favourite one of hers. IMHO "Academia" and "Day Too Soon" are the standout tracks, brilliant songwriting and arrangement.
  13. Sep 18, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me encanta la manera en que reúne todas las pistas en un platillo agrabable para cualquier oído. En mi opinión, este es su album más inocente hasta ahora. Expand

1. Sia still brings enough weird on Some People to satisfy old-school fans.
  2. Some People Have Real Problems reveals the other Sia: plucky, bubbly, and growling purposefully through assertive pop songs.
  3. She mixes it up with the sweet 'Academia' (featuring harmonies from Beck) and a soaring cover of the Kinks' 'I Go to Sleep.' But think of those as bonus tracks, adding flavor to an already stunning CD.