8.8

Review this album

1. Apr 11, 2011
    This album is incredible, so raw and moving. One of my favorites. Maybe his best, people will hate that I said that but oh well. Why do these reviews have to be 150 characters long now?
  2. Viks
    Oct 4, 2008
    Best album of the year. That's sure!
  3. JonM.
    Jun 1, 2008
    It would be hard to achieve anything as perfect as the devastatingly beautiful 'ladies and gentleman' however this is not far off and head and shoulders above anything his contemporaries are doing.
  4. SK.
    Jun 2, 2008
    I don't know how to explain it but from the first listen that album brought tears to my eyes.
  5. FelipeP.
    May 30, 2008
    Fantastic Album!
  6. AlexH
    May 30, 2008
    Spiritualized are possibly my favorite band so my expectations for this album were obviously high, and I'm happy to say it actually exceeded them. These are some of the most beautiful songs and arrangements of a long, great career, and the fact that Mr. Spaceman nearly died while making the album makes it even more powerful.
  7. ChristianP.
    Jun 2, 2008
    Feels more focused that earlier albums.
  8. Luke
    Jun 27, 2008
    Best album of the year so far.
  9. JonL
    Jul 5, 2008
    Even if it's a tad fragmented, it's still a triumphant blast out of the darkness from Pierce, and it's familiar without feeling dull. Way better than Amazing Grace.
    Nov 22, 2008
    Great album, one of their best.

1. Pierce ties the dark to the light with poetic folk ballads like closing lullaby "Goodnight Goodnight," making A&E a strange and pleasing concoction of old and new.
  2. Mostly, though, this is music from someone who's been there and back, and now truly knows he prefers things here.
  3. Some may listen to Songs From A&E and dub Jason Pierce a one-trick pony. Which may be true, but what a trick he's managed to perfect.