Tales Don't Tell Themselves - Funeral For A Friend
6.1

Review this album

1. Jan 22, 2011
    This is what a great album should be: a story. I don't remember how exactly I ended up listening to this entire album. I was expecting something more similar to their previous work, but boy was I wrong and for the better. Nothing captures the imagination quite like a story and this what albums gives you. A chance to let your mind wander.
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Don't listen to the heaters, this is their opus.
    You think a great albums peaked then 'walk away' storms in and makes your scalp tingle.
    This should be on the all time top 100, so very good..

1. Funeral for a Friend not only displays an increased sense of ambition on this sweeping great leap forward, they also display a greater sense of accomplishment, as writers and musicians.
  2. Aside from grand moments like "All Hands on Deck - Part 1: Raise the Sail" and the orchestral wall that builds on "The Sweetest Wave," you don't get the feeling that a continuous story binds the album together.
  3. The 10 tracks that make up Tales Don't Tell Themselves brief-though-engaging narrative are deeper, more accessible offerings that need those vital extra two or three listens to really sink in.