6.2

Review this album

1. FMR
    Jan 28, 2012
    Rihanna used to tour with Pop Singing Sensation Jeannie Ortega from Brooklyn which by the way, comes out with her album "Perfect Love" this Tuesday, January 31st, 2012. Highly recommed this album. Get it now online I Tunes, Amazon!!!!!
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    While I love Rihanna I was overall less then impressed with this most recent album. I enjoyed a couple songs like "Birthday Cake" and "Cockiness (Love It)", I felt that the majority of the songs were simply replicas of one another with different beats thrown into the background. All of the song lyrics are about the exact same thing....sex and dancing. While I understand that sex sells, A bit more variety would be appreciated on the next album. Expand
  3. Apr 30, 2012
    Despite criticism from many people who think the whole album as if only there were songs like Birthday Cake, We Found Love and Where Have You Been, the album is not composed only of unnecessary songs and lively, it is more than that, is diversified and has enough of Rihanna. The impression he gives is that the disc is a mix of songs from the lively and tasty Loud with personal Rated R. Bold, understaffed, and fun. Collapse
  4. Mar 24, 2012
    Just a year after LOUD Rihanna delivers yet another album. Luckily this one is slightly better than her last disappointing effort, only successful for the massive singles "Only Girl" and "S&M". "Talk that Talk" represents perfectly what pop music is nowadays, whether it is good or not. Infectious choruses, electronic beats and simple lyrics. Not as good as "Rated R" or "Good Girl Gone Bad", but I feel she is going in the right direction if she wants to be a pop princess for a long time. However it is very sad to see that this quite enjoyable music is just manufactured, and that she is not involved in the writing, composing or production at all. I fear we will never see nothing like "Fire Bomb", "Te Amo" or "The Last Song" if she continues to ignore her role as a lyricist. Most current pop stars write their songs (Adele, Lady GaGa, even Katy Perry), and that really gives them some credibility as musicians, even if the quality of their music is sometimes discussable. Rihanna should take some time off and write her own material to make an album that makes sense for her and is more than just a track list full of catchy unorganised songs. Albums like "Talk That Talk" are enjoyable, but throwaway, and she will remain as a trash pop girl, an enjoyable trash pop girl, but trashy after all, if she continues this way.

Highlights: "We Found Love", "Where Have You Been", "Red Lipstick"
  5. Aug 4, 2012
    Talk That Talk sounds rushed and has a lack of creativity. The songs sound very basic and Rihanna sounds like she's tired. Talk That Talk lacks the energy that her previous albums have. The best songs are on the deluxe edition.
  6. May 30, 2012
    Rewind Rihanna Loud which launched a year ago. This sixth album starts fairly unoriginal and the first three titles - even the appearance of a single with Calvin Harris - bring the listener ever so slightly turned in reflections on the very slow evolution of dance music / club, despite its large production facilities, tired by its lack of innovation. Then Jay-Z arrives and takes the sauce. Unlike his colleagues (BEP, Beyonce, Gaga, Katy Perry), Rihanna has the merit of having crafted a cohesive album (it's raw and it's about ass) who listen from beginning to end. Special mention for Drunk on Love, hinged on a sampling of The XX Intro. Strange hybrid that works against all odds. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2012
    The album is not her best album. It's good but it seems unfinished. Everything about it. Is much more sexual then any of her others. You may not want to buy it for your little daughter, if she's a Rihanna Fan.
  8. Oct 28, 2012
    We have a Rihanna's album every year. Just like the Christmas or thanks-giving. It's a big tradition and it's impossible to not love it. Black queen of pop. Gaga cry
  9. Nov 9, 2012
    Overall, Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk' is a fun, gritty-edged album. It is her nastiest and dirtiest, to date with lyrics like 'Ooh, I wanna f**k You, right now', 'Just because I can't kiss back/Doesn't mean you can't kiss that', 'Suck my **** lick My persuasion.' So, you get the point! It's not the type of album you wanna buy for your little ones. The Low lights of the album consists of feeling 'rushed' and 'incomplete'... If you spin the album a few times, You'll learn to love it. Expand
  10. Nov 19, 2012
    The Bestest Album of 2012 , in my opinion. Its difersificate, and remenber the eras LOUD and RATED R. In the first time , i doesn't like **** (Track 5) And Watch N Learn (Track 10) , but now i just hate Watch N Learn. Drunk On Love, Farewell and We All Want Love SHOULD be singles. Love this album , and my note to this is 9.
  11. Feb 5, 2013
    Album #6 has a nice selection of hits and gave us one of her best tracks in 'We Found Love'. It's not the perfect album and not her best from her catalogue but there is enough here to make it an enjoayble album.
  12. Dec 23, 2012
    I Loved Every Single Song Of This Album (Excluding Birthday Cake)
    She Is Improving So Much Vocally! Deserves A Grammy 100%!
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    I'm starting to doubt if Rihanna has any talent left. She started out so great and sensational, but where has all of that gone? Every song is drowned in autotune and many don't stand out very much, other than "Where Have You Been" and "We Found Love."
  14. Apr 25, 2013
    Clearly Rihanna's second best album after Rated R. Every song fits into the album and there's a continuous flow of dancefloor domination. Highlights include "Where Have You Been" and "Red Lipstick."
  15. May 29, 2013
    Not RiRi's best album, but not her worst either. Highlights are her Calvin Harris collab 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been'. It serves as a nice album overall, however, it seems like Rihanna has tried to make an album which will be commercially successful, which I don't have a problem with at all, but I think she has failed to produce enough tracks which have the potential to be successful singles, due to a lack of catchy hooks. But overall, it is an alright album, which will please her fans. Expand
  16. Jul 5, 2013
    While "Rated R was a dark, emotional "ChrisBrownRecovery" album and "Loud" was a big, red chart-devouring machine, "Talk That Talk" didn't have it's own "personality". It's just a collection of songs that can become another #1 hit. Sorry, I should say COULD be a big hits if ti would be promoted properly. Of course I love "We Found Love" and "Where Have You Been" and I think that releasing them was a great idea. I don't mind "You Da One". But what about "Talk That Talk", "Birthday Cake" and (Love It)"? Rihanna's bad-ass persona isn't really convincing in those songs. "Roc Me Out" and "Watch N' Learn" were better single options. Besides that, there's still a good R&B album here. Some of the highlights are: amazing Rihanna's vocals on "Drunk On Love", dark and sexy "Red Lipstick", sweet love song "Do Ya Thang", vulnerable rhapsody "Fool In Love" and a great power ballad "Farewell".

17. Mar 23, 2014
    It's good. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but it's still one of Rihanna's best albums. I think the best tracks are "Talk That Talk", "Red Lipstick", and "Roc Me Out."
  18. Aug 30, 2013
    Fumbling through the numbers, Talk That Talk is an identity crisis. Attempting to marry the dance-pop, urban, and ballad-leaning sides of Rihanna, it is a melting pot of goop. With production above par, the lyrics are at their worst. However, Rihanna makes the best of even goop, and delivers on each track in a way that each track feels as more than an album filler. But on an album where pacing is non-existent, it caters to the cherry-picking iTunes masses. Talk That Talk simply does not work as an album. Expand
  19. Nov 1, 2013
    She is a brand. Brand of good quality. I love "Farewell" and "We Found Love", there is no fillers at this album. However, there was a surprise for me, choosing "You da One" for single. It's catchy and solid but there are better productions like "Drunk on Love" or above-mentioned "Farewell" for instance.
    If I would have any objections, I think "Rock Me Out" is hoary old chestnut. The
    second "Rude Boy";) Expand
  20. Jan 1, 2014
    The album that went downhill. The standout tracks have to be 'Where Have You Been' and 'We Found Love' with the letdowns being (Love It)', 'Birthday Cake' and 'Watch n' Learn'. But considering that by averaging out the 14 songs scores on the deluxe edition I got 6.71 it shows that this album is average.

1. Musically, this is pop without shame‑-her hookiest and most dance-targeted album.
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    It's sure to sell on brand recognition alone, but I doubt a series of mannered and soulless hooks are going to find much life outside of the European remix circuit.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    It's easy to criticise Talk That Talk but it's actually a fun and enjoyable record.