• Record Label: Def Jam
  • Release Date: Nov 21, 2011
6.3

Review this album

1. May 4, 2015
    Katy Perry bursts back onto the scene with her amazing second album that is full to the grim of the tongue-in-cheek atmosphere that got herkhkkjhjghjbnnnnn
  2. May 4, 2015
    **** NSasa skhfkg abdgnn uau isso so sexy lady bau this nove kahs mais mailey cyrus anda katy perry by roar is imitaseichan so better tan wrrrr cumem eyseee
  3. Apr 27, 2015
    Aside from a few hit singles, Talk That Talk is probably one of Rihanna's least memorable albums. It doesn't have as many infectious hooks as Loud or Rated R, but it's still a pretty enjoyable album nevertheless. I can listen to the whole thing (bonus tracks included) without wanting to skip any songs, so I have to give her credit for that. Also, her vocals are pretty fantastic here, as always.
  4. Apr 15, 2015
    A few years ago I would listen to this album almost everyday and eventually get sick of it. However, the album is a generally great effort from Rihanna. In my opinion, this was better than Loud. I like Rihanna's experimentation with different genres ("Cockiness"), while also paying homage to her original reggae style ("Watch n Learn"). There are a few slow Chris Brown Fortune-esqueA few years ago I would listen to this album almost everyday and eventually get sick of it. However, the album is a generally great effort from Rihanna. In my opinion, this was better than Loud. I like Rihanna's experimentation with different genres ("Cockiness"), while also paying homage to her original reggae style ("Watch n Learn"). There are a few slow Chris Brown Fortune-esque ballads, specifically "Farewell" (even though that album came after this one) but not enough to make this the disappointing album that Fortune was. Plus her ballads are better. There are also some repetitive dance songs, but overall, I'd have to say this is one of Rihanna's best. Grade: B. Highlights: "We All Want Love", "Drunk on Love", "Red Lipstick". Worst song: "We Found Love" Expand
  5. Apr 5, 2015
    É um álbum bom sabe mas deixou a desejar em varios aspectos, é muito comercial não que sou contra musicas comerciais mas é praticamente o álbum INTEIRO comercial... Assim não da mas as baladas do Talk That Talk sao perfeitas.
  6. Dec 23, 2014
    Uma obra-prima comparado ao desastre musical chamado "Unapologetic",mas mesmo assim é muito,muito fraco um álbum ruim,porém "Unapologetic"é péssimo.
    Top 4
    Roc Me Out 100/100
    Watch n' Learn 95/100
    Farewell 55/100
  8. Dec 16, 2014
    Can be a wonderful album, good to hear, well divided, a great choice for listening at home alone or with friends.
    Highlights: Where Have You Been and Brithday Cake
    Lows: Roc Me Out and Watch N' Learn
  9. Mar 23, 2014
    It's good. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but it's still one of Rihanna's best albums. I think the best tracks are "Talk That Talk", "Red Lipstick", and "Roc Me Out."
  10. Jan 1, 2014
    The album that went downhill. The standout tracks have to be 'Where Have You Been' and 'We Found Love' with the letdowns being (Love It)', 'Birthday Cake' and 'Watch n' Learn'. But considering that by averaging out the 14 songs scores on the deluxe edition I got 6.71 it shows that this album is average.
  11. Nov 1, 2013
    She is a brand. Brand of good quality. I love "Farewell" and "We Found Love", there is no fillers at this album. However, there was a surprise for me, choosing "You da One" for single. It's catchy and solid but there are better productions like "Drunk on Love" or above-mentioned "Farewell" for instance.
    If I would have any objections, I think "Rock Me Out" is hoary old chestnut. The second "Rude Boy";)
  12. Aug 30, 2013
    Fumbling through the numbers, Talk That Talk is an identity crisis. Attempting to marry the dance-pop, urban, and ballad-leaning sides of Rihanna, it is a melting pot of goop. With production above par, the lyrics are at their worst. However, Rihanna makes the best of even goop, and delivers on each track in a way that each track feels as more than an album filler. But on an album whereFumbling through the numbers, Talk That Talk is an identity crisis. Attempting to marry the dance-pop, urban, and ballad-leaning sides of Rihanna, it is a melting pot of goop. With production above par, the lyrics are at their worst. However, Rihanna makes the best of even goop, and delivers on each track in a way that each track feels as more than an album filler. But on an album where pacing is non-existent, it caters to the cherry-picking iTunes masses. Talk That Talk simply does not work as an album. Expand
  13. Jul 5, 2013
    While "Rated R was a dark, emotional "ChrisBrownRecovery" album and "Loud" was a big, red chart-devouring machine, "Talk That Talk" didn't have it's own "personality". It's just a collection of songs that can become another #1 hit. Sorry, I should say COULD be a big hits if ti would be promoted properly. Of course I love "We Found Love" and "Where Have You Been" and I think that releasingWhile "Rated R was a dark, emotional "ChrisBrownRecovery" album and "Loud" was a big, red chart-devouring machine, "Talk That Talk" didn't have it's own "personality". It's just a collection of songs that can become another #1 hit. Sorry, I should say COULD be a big hits if ti would be promoted properly. Of course I love "We Found Love" and "Where Have You Been" and I think that releasing them was a great idea. I don't mind "You Da One". But what about "Talk That Talk", "Birthday Cake" and (Love It)"? Rihanna's bad-ass persona isn't really convincing in those songs. "Roc Me Out" and "Watch N' Learn" were better single options. Besides that, there's still a good R&B album here. Some of the highlights are: amazing Rihanna's vocals on "Drunk On Love", dark and sexy "Red Lipstick", sweet love song "Do Ya Thang", vulnerable rhapsody "Fool In Love" and a great power ballad "Farewell".

14. May 29, 2013
    Not RiRi's best album, but not her worst either. Highlights are her Calvin Harris collab 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been'. It serves as a nice album overall, however, it seems like Rihanna has tried to make an album which will be commercially successful, which I don't have a problem with at all, but I think she has failed to produce enough tracks which have the potential to beNot RiRi's best album, but not her worst either. Highlights are her Calvin Harris collab 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been'. It serves as a nice album overall, however, it seems like Rihanna has tried to make an album which will be commercially successful, which I don't have a problem with at all, but I think she has failed to produce enough tracks which have the potential to be successful singles, due to a lack of catchy hooks. But overall, it is an alright album, which will please her fans. Expand
  15. Apr 25, 2013
    Clearly Rihanna's second best album after Rated R. Every song fits into the album and there's a continuous flow of dancefloor domination. Highlights include "Where Have You Been" and "Red Lipstick."
  16. Mar 24, 2013
    Once More Rihanna Proves She's Still Got It!
    Every Track Is Just WOW!
  17. Mar 24, 2013
    I'm starting to doubt if Rihanna has any talent left. She started out so great and sensational, but where has all of that gone? Every song is drowned in autotune and many don't stand out very much, other than "Where Have You Been" and "We Found Love."
  18. Feb 5, 2013
    Album #6 has a nice selection of hits and gave us one of her best tracks in 'We Found Love'. It's not the perfect album and not her best from her catalogue but there is enough here to make it an enjoayble album.
  19. Dec 23, 2012
    I Loved Every Single Song Of This Album (Excluding Birthday Cake)
    She Is Improving So Much Vocally! Deserves A Grammy 100%!
  20. Nov 19, 2012
    The Bestest Album of 2012 , in my opinion. Its difersificate, and remenber the eras LOUD and RATED R. In the first time , i doesn't like **** (Track 5) And Watch N Learn (Track 10) , but now i just hate Watch N Learn. Drunk On Love, Farewell and We All Want Love SHOULD be singles. Love this album , and my note to this is 9.
  21. Nov 9, 2012
    Overall, Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk' is a fun, gritty-edged album. It is her nastiest and dirtiest, to date with lyrics like 'Ooh, I wanna f**k You, right now', 'Just because I can't kiss back/Doesn't mean you can't kiss that', 'Suck my **** lick My persuasion.' So, you get the point! It's not the type of album you wanna buy for your little ones. The Low lights of the album consists ofOverall, Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk' is a fun, gritty-edged album. It is her nastiest and dirtiest, to date with lyrics like 'Ooh, I wanna f**k You, right now', 'Just because I can't kiss back/Doesn't mean you can't kiss that', 'Suck my **** lick My persuasion.' So, you get the point! It's not the type of album you wanna buy for your little ones. The Low lights of the album consists of feeling 'rushed' and 'incomplete'... If you spin the album a few times, You'll learn to love it. Expand
  22. Nov 1, 2012
    I couldn't ever compare it to the overshadowing pop perfection that is "Good Girl Gone Bad" or her dark masterpiece "Rated R", but Rihanna puts out an album that's better than Loud. Minus the generic "We All Want Love", "Drunk on Love" and "Roc Me Out" tracks, this record is stunning - though rushed.
  23. Oct 28, 2012
    We have a Rihanna's album every year. Just like the Christmas or thanks-giving. It's a big tradition and it's impossible to not love it. Black queen of pop. Gaga cry
  24. Aug 4, 2012
    Talk That Talk sounds rushed and has a lack of creativity. The songs sound very basic and Rihanna sounds like she's tired. Talk That Talk lacks the energy that her previous albums have. The best songs are on the deluxe edition.
  25. Jul 15, 2012
    There's a difference between sexy and down right nasty/disgusting! Even if you buy this album get the edited version...my gosh she talks about her self with no respect what so ever! She can't sing, cant dance, the only thing she does properly is being a slut. There I said it...besides....we're ALL thinking it!!
  26. Jul 13, 2012
    The album is not her best album. It's good but it seems unfinished. Everything about it. Is much more sexual then any of her others. You may not want to buy it for your little daughter, if she's a Rihanna Fan.
  27. Jun 4, 2012
    I love Rihanna but this is not my favorite album of hers. Rated R was amazing and Loud did not disappoint, this fell short. It was kinda obvious it was rushed and her vocals are good but a bit untouched. Best tracks on the album are "Where Have You Been", "We Found Love" & "Drunk On Love". songs like "Farewell" and "TTT" made me done with the album. but the album as a whole is just solid.
  28. May 30, 2012
    Rewind Rihanna Loud which launched a year ago. This sixth album starts fairly unoriginal and the first three titles - even the appearance of a single with Calvin Harris - bring the listener ever so slightly turned in reflections on the very slow evolution of dance music / club, despite its large production facilities, tired by its lack of innovation. Then Jay-Z arrives and takes the sauce.Rewind Rihanna Loud which launched a year ago. This sixth album starts fairly unoriginal and the first three titles - even the appearance of a single with Calvin Harris - bring the listener ever so slightly turned in reflections on the very slow evolution of dance music / club, despite its large production facilities, tired by its lack of innovation. Then Jay-Z arrives and takes the sauce. Unlike his colleagues (BEP, Beyonce, Gaga, Katy Perry), Rihanna has the merit of having crafted a cohesive album (it's raw and it's about ass) who listen from beginning to end. Special mention for Drunk on Love, hinged on a sampling of The XX Intro. Strange hybrid that works against all odds. Expand
  29. May 23, 2012
    i really enjoy listening to Rihanna, but ever since Rated R her songs or poorly done. every song is basically a chorus.... with maybe 4 bars in between. distrubia is one of my favorite songs because it shows what she can do. don't get me wrong the songs are great but, i would like to hear more bars not just the chorus 3 times then the next song.

1. Musically, this is pop without shame‑-her hookiest and most dance-targeted album.
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    It's sure to sell on brand recognition alone, but I doubt a series of mannered and soulless hooks are going to find much life outside of the European remix circuit.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    It's easy to criticise Talk That Talk but it's actually a fun and enjoyable record.