The Powerless Rise - As I Lay Dying
8.5

Review this album

1. Nov 16, 2011
    Though it wasn't quite as good as An Ocean Between Us, which is as close to a perfect metal cd that you can get, it was thoroughly amazing. Great vocals, lyrics, rifts, solos, everything. Not a dull moment on the cd. If it wasn't established already, then As I Lay Dying is the best thing in Metal right now.
  2. Dec 5, 2011
    Brutal attack on the sences! if not for the mediocre vocals it would be a 10. while Lambesis is not at his best, Sgrosso and Jordan Mancino are. This is easily one of the best metalcore albums
  3. Dec 8, 2011
    The best As I Lay Dying album to date, but only just. It feels incredibly similar to An Ocean Between Us, but that is no bad thing. It is heavier then previous albums and cleaner at points. From Lambesis impressing on the vocals side, delivering his most aggressive and powerful performance yet to the chugging guitars. This is pure gold.
  4. Oct 13, 2012
    The powerless rise is a brutal but clean album. It's by far the band's best album and is worthy of a purchase. All the songs are quality and the guitars keep you entertained throughout. Not a dull moment.
  5. Mar 14, 2013
    Speaking of this album is extremely technical music and songs are well structured. No notes, chords or riffs, which are out of place. Each instrument is in a perfect place, perfect time and sound together in an amazingly epic. The metalcore genre is incredible, but we must admit that this is one of the most oversaturated genres on the heavy side of the music industry. However, As I Lay Dying is by far the band is at the top of the food chain in the metalcore.
    Vocally, Tim has some extra sounds behind his voices in this album. They seem to be a little deeper and lower than in previous albums. But do not worry about the clean vocals are still present and are quite impressive. The Powerless Rise seems to have something extra out of Tim, almost like he was shouting directly to listeners on this album. As usual in the letters, there is no mention of Christ, but his lyrics have Christian center in which we invite you to not cling to the things of this world but to fight for what is eternal.
    I can not imagine what would be the music without AILD, these titans continue to put the measure on such a high level that there might not be any band that comes close to them these days. In my opinion, surpassed his previous work An Ocean Between Us.
    This album is so good that every song is excellent, You can not miss in your collection

1. Not only is The Powerless Rise As I Lay Dying’s heaviest album to date, it also features a splendor not heard on past releases.
  2. As a band, AILD has grown most is in their songwriting and production skills (the latter of which are now off the charts in terms of precision). The Powerless Rise, delivers on what their previous outings have handsomely promised.
  3. Besides boasting some of the band's most violent music to date, what makes The Powerless Rise such a stunning metal record is the band's commitment to vigrously kicking at their boundaries while remaining true to their sound. [Jun 2010, p.104]