- Summary: The seventh studio release for the pop singer features Chris Brown, Eminem, Future, and David Guetta as guests with No I.D., Nicky Romero, StarGate, and The-Dream contributing to production.
- Record Label: Def Jam
- Genre(s): Pop, Pop/Rock, Dance-Pop, Contemporary R&B, EDM
- More Details and Credits »
Nov 20, 2012When you're at Rihanna's level you can afford the best songwriters and producers in the business and sonically the album is generally far ahead of her peers. Yet if Sia's Diamonds is a sultry triumph, its character and uniqueness highlights the ultimately hollow pleasures of much around it.
Nov 27, 2012This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is amazing, its not as good as Loud, but to be honest i really dont think she'll ever make an album like that again. If you are looking for the future billboard hits check all the songs from track 7 they are marvelous. However, my favorite songs on the album are track 11 and 15.
My advice to anyone is to buy the album.… Expand
Nov 20, 2012Rihanna is a unique artist. Know merge various musical styles into a single cd and do well in the charts.
His distinctive voice and his charisma attracted fans from around the world, praised for its beauty, for its life history, and especially for his MUSIC.
In Unapologetic, Rihanna shows that came to stay. With powerful ballads, and hip hop and urban vein, it shows what is to be a versatile artist.
No wonder it is the most tanned on facebook, and his youtube channel is the most watched in the world.
Rihanna is the VOICE!… Expand
Nov 22, 2012My review: First of all: I am NOT her biggest fan but i wanted to give her a try.
Phresh Out The Runway: Just one word: Sh*t. 0/10
Diamonds: Her lead single was really good. I expected a lot of David Guetta but her producers made a really good single. Nice Work! 9/10
Numb: Ok, Eminems part is tooo short. If you want a "Love the Way you lie - Feeling", you are wrong. 5/10
Pour it up: oookay Rihanna and producers. Use different beats,please.... 3/10
Loveeeeeee Song: I don't know that guy and i don't like this voice but Rihanna's part is really cool. 7/10
Jump: Okay, but thats all 5/10
Right Now: I want to be honest.Right Now, i get headache. 1/10
What Now: A cool song but she cries a little to much. This song has energy!! 7/10
Stay: Amazing. Do it just like that. You don't need David Guetta trash. 10/10
Nobody's Business: I don't like Chris Brown but this song is danceable. 6/10
Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary: 7 minutes, a loooong song but not the highlight (which is Stay). 5/10
Get over it: Yeah Rihanna, Thats your style! 9/10
No Love Allowed. Your dance hall carrier is over. Too sad. 6/10
Lost in Paradise: Power full and danceable 8/10
Final points: 5.8 --> 6 points. Her last album "Talk That Talk" received 3 points... You're getting better Rihanna… Collapse
Jan 11, 2013Rihanna's worst album so far. think she should care more about releasing good albums than an album every year. There are more ballads, unlike most of her previous albums. I liked her new music, but I like her old music better. She tries several different genres in the album, so you will like some songs regardless of your taste. The first few tracks are really stupid, but the rest of the album is not that bad.
Track by track review (a little bit long, so I hope you don't fall asleep):
1. Presh Out The Runway - 0/10 - It just sounds unfinished. Her voice is robotic, the instrumental could have been a lot better, and the lyrics are too stupid and don't make any sense.
2. Diamonds - 8/10 - I didn't really like it at first, but now I think it's pretty good song. The lyrics in the chorus don't make so much sense (are there any diamonds in the sky?) , but overall it's a good and inspirating song. Slower than most of Rihanna's music.
3. Numb (feat. Eminem) - 0/10 - Like in "Phresh Out The Runway", Rihanna sounds too robotic, and also Eminem couldn't sound weirder in this song. The lyrics are basically "I'm going numb" repeated several times, which isn't really creative.
4. Pour It Up - 1/10 - Again, Rihanna sounds robotic and weird. The lyrics are too repetitive, does she really have to repeat "still got my money" in the entire song?
5. Loveeeeeee Song (feat. Future) - 0/10 - Rihanna sounds too robotic (again?) and Future sounds like he wants to kill you when he should sound romantic.
6. Jump - 4/10 - One of the few not-so-bad tracks in the album. Rihanna still sounds a bit robotic, but the composition is pretty enjoyable and the lyrics make some sense, except for the "ride it, my pony" part that is just an attempt to talk about sex while keeping the track clean.
7. Right Now (feat. David Guetta) - 9/10 - Again, a good track in the album. A good and fun beat and lyrics that actually make sense. Best track in the album.
8. What Now - 7/10 - Nice and unexpected ballad, even though she sounds different from usual. Again, a good track in the album. Slower than most of her songs, which is not really a bad thing in this case.
9. Stay (feat. Mikky Ekko) - 6/10 - Good track, but I didn't really like some of Rihanna's parts, even though it's her song. Mikky Ekko really makes it better. Quite enjoyable if you like ballads.
10. Nobody's Business (feat. Chris Brown) - 8/10 - Even though Chris Brown sounds a bit annoying in this song, it's a pretty good and fun song. The composition is great for the parties, and I really think the lyrics are about some of Rihanna's life.
11. Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary - 7/10 - The song is good. The lyrics are sad, but what's a ballad without sad lyrics? It's like "Titanic", you feel sad watching/listening to it but you like it anyway.
12. Get It Over With - 2/10 - Streak of good songs successfully broken. Her voice doesn't fit the lyrics, and the metaphor about "floating in the clouds" doesn't make any sense. The composition is not so bad though.
13. No Love Allowed - 3/10 - The composition is not so good, but the lyrics do make some sense, except for some parts like "911, it's a critical emergency yeah, run run run" that don't really have much to do with dangerous love the rest of the song describes.
14. Lost In Paradise - 8/10 - One of the best tracks in the album. Not a slow ballad, but not really a dance track. Different from anything Rihanna's ever released. Not quite sure how to describe it.… Expand
Nov 28, 2012It doesn't matter what the music that this woman makes sounds like. She is dating the man who beat the **** out of her. She is validating abuse against women to millions of her fans. If you buy this album you are indirectly encouraging abused women to stay in abusive relationships. Don't give this stupid woman a cent of your hard-earned money.… Expand
|Spiderland [Box Set] - Slint|
|Led Zeppelin III [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|Led Zeppelin I [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|Led Zeppelin II [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|Definitely Maybe [Remastered] - Oasis|
|Nightclubbing [Deluxe Edition] - Grace Jones|
|Soul Mining (30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) [Box Set] - The The|
|Miles at the Fillmore - Miles Davis 1970: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 3 - Miles Davis|
|From Parts Unknown - Every Time I Die|
|Home, Like Noplace Is There - The Hotelier|
|Goodbye Yellow Brick Road [40th Anniversary Edition] - Elton John|
|Illmatic XX [20th Anniversary Edition] - Nas|
|St. Vincent - St. Vincent|
|Rat Conspiracy [Box Set] - Unwound|
|Superunknown [Deluxe Edition] - Soundgarden|
|Anthology [Box Set] - The Clean|
|To Be Kind - Swans|
|Face the Music [Box Set] - Nils Lofgren|
|CSNY 1974 [Box Set] - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young|
|Rooms of the House - La Dispute|