7.7

Review this album

1. Mar 23, 2012
    I've heard Causers of This and enjoyed it thoroughly. Catchy vocals, beautiful music and thought provoking atmospheres. But there's something about Underneath the Pine that feels... Classic. Never has an album had me repeating it over and over again. Whenever New Beat come on, I can't help but get into it; bobbing my head in the car, really feeling the music. Chaz Bundick has become one of my favorite musicians of all time. This album is funky, melodic, beautiful, calm, sad.... AMAZING. Expand
  2. Apr 22, 2011
    This is my favorite album of the year so far. Ridiculously unique and amazing. I've got no idea why it hasn't scored higher. I could listen to it endlessly.
  3. Feb 28, 2011
    "Bundick strove to improve (in my opinion) on his first release by replacing much of the synth-pop and drum machines with a much wider array of instruments and an actual drum kit. The result is a richer, more musically diverse album that elevates Bundick out of the 'chillwave' genre to another level as a songwriter and arranger." For my full review see: http://www.altinterstate.com/2011/02/album-review-toro-y-moi-underneath-pine.html Expand

1. Jun 6, 2011
    You can get long way into Underneath the Pine without gaining any clear impression of exactly what kind of record it is that you're listening to. But amorphous isn't the worst thing in the world to be.
  2. Apr 6, 2011
    Chillwave premier goes in search of the funk. [March 2011, p. 95]
  3. Apr 4, 2011
    Underneath the Pine is anchored by Bundick's reverbed, strangely ethereal voice-it's just as malleable and expressive as the rest of the electronics in his impressive repertoire.