Ungrateful - Escape the Fate
5.3

Review this album

1. Jan 5, 2014
    A disappointing album from Escape the Fate. I appreciate the heavier, more metal style of the music. There are still the traditional rock songs, but these are some of the most metal songs I've heard from the band, and that's not a bad thing. Unfortunately I can't help but feel like this is a really generic album. Nothing about the songs stood out to me and I doubt I'll ever return to listen to any of the songs on this album outside of "One for the Money". The lyrics are also seem to me to be aimed at young scene/emo crowd. That's not really a bad thing but I can't help but feel like the majority of the songs here lack depth and maturity because of it. It's not a bad album by any means, just not an impressive or particularly memorable one. I think it would be cool to see these guys dive deeper into the metal genre in the future. As of right now I find the bands older material to be more appealing. Expand
  2. May 18, 2013
    Nice try guys but try again! Seems the band is getting weak and just not who they used to be. Time to go back to who you were and are. The fans are talking!
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    I've listened to the album a few more times and realize that it is much better than I remembered. They choose the wrong songs to be their singles. They need to highlight what they've done better.
  4. May 18, 2013
    Bands change! And this Escape the Fate did it for the best. Ungrateful starts strong, and ends stronger! The extra songs from the deluxe edition even gives it another reason to be excited for this album.
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    As an album itself, it has some fairly good songs and some not-so good. Bands change over time and it seems that this album is where they are trying to change, as the styles of the songs vary quite a lot. They need to decide whether they want to change or not, then perhaps their music might become a bit more solid.

1. Jun 3, 2013
    With Ungrateful, Escape The fate have finally delivered the album they needed to make. [11 May 2013, p.53]
  2. May 16, 2013
    Ungrateful comes off as cluttered and confused. [Jun 2013, p.92]
  3. May 16, 2013
    An album that feels like a return to form for the band.