Veckatimest - Grizzly Bear
8.8

Review this album

1. Nov 2, 2010
    I don't know which album from Grizzly Bear I like the most but this one sure makes it hard for me to decide. It's so different yet so familiar to their sound. I love this album and how every song connects seamlessly. I love their music and can't wait for their next album to come.
  2. Nov 5, 2010
    It's pulls you in with Two Weeks, and just grows on you from there on in. Grab your headphones and prepare to go on a musical journey for the next 50 minutes, almost every song is a classic and the album flows very well.
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Not an album to be breezed over, Grizzly Bear has created something special with it's 2009 release, Veckatimest. An album spanning many genres and influences, no two tracks are alike and each settle into a space that is all their own. From the happy and upbeat to the sad and somber, the album is fully realized only when listened to from start to finish. It's easy to dismiss this album as simple, but upon numerous listen sessions subtle details come out that paint this record as far more complex a project in both it's arrangements and style. This is one for the books, a masterpiece of song writing, engineering, and performance. Expand

1. Ambitious yet restrained, elegant yet exciting, Veckatimest is an endlessly-rewarding album which seems destined to vie with Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion for the title of the year's best.
  2. The album dips and tips and ultimately soars as a result, Rossen and company having turned near-disaster into sonic triumph.
    Even as they feature orchestras, women's choirs, and Beach House singer Victoria Legrand on Veckatimest, the album is still an intimate, ascetic affair.