VH1 Storytellers - Kanye West
7.9

Review this album

1. Aug 14, 2011
    I personally loved this album. It has a polished-yet-live feel. Kanye's chatting with the crowd is honest, albeit sometimes a little too lengthy. The music flows from track to track. Personal favourite is the version of Touch The Sky. It's packed with energy and gives me chills, whereas the original version no longer can.
  2. Nov 28, 2010
    When are we going to get rid of posers like KW? His sound was ok at first, but when you find out that its all written for him to pretend he feels it-then you also find out its the same old junky voice and junky acting that isnt real just someone who has almost no talent looking to ride on other artists coattails. He needs to go get a reasl job and stop trying to sing.

1. Whether singing or speaking, he does it all with a sort of messy, testifying fervor: There are many congregants in the Church of Kanye, but none so devout as the man himself.
  2. Those at this taping presumably got their money's worth, but other than the few excised morsels that leaked after the show (a long anti-Radiohead screed and a defense of Chris Brown's attack on Rihanna), we don't know what was cut. Alas, those who pick up this record get an abbreviated, neutered version.
  3. He may be the lead in the story he’s telling, but he’s always in the story; his VH1 Storytellers album powerfully reminds us that that is where he’s at his best.