Waking Up - OneRepublic
7.6

Review this album

1. Dec 30, 2013
    I remember I initially hated Good Life but at this point, I do like the song a lot. All the Right Moves and Secrets are also very nice. The album as a whole is also very good too. I think the songs released as singles are the best (as they should be)
  2. Dec 27, 2013
    OneRepublic had some big shoes to fill after the remix of "Apologize" seemed to conquer the music industry for several months, and they delivered with their second album, which was very underrated by critics. Beautiful throughout even when they are not trying to be, the album has no stand-out tracks, because the all but one track is spectacular. Unfortunately, this one track, the title track, almost ruins the vibe of the entire album. Nonetheless, from the singles "All the Right Moves" and "Good Life" to the lesser known gems "Fear" and "Made For You", this album is ultimately too strong to be brought down. Expand
  3. Aug 11, 2013
    This album contains song that are beautiful, catchy, and deep. Why is it so underrated? Tedder's voice, instruments, and catchy tunes combine to make the best album.
  4. Apr 18, 2013
    The second studio album by OneRepublic, 'Waking Up' is all about pure music and Tedder's heavenly falsetto adds an unique taste to it. The soothing acoustic flavor along with organic sounds, skip-beat drums and multi-layered synth remains all over the album. So, even if you try to define them with Fray-like chorus, and Maroon 5-like vocal acrobatics, they'll be humble enough to sing, "Don't care if critics ever jump in line/I'm gonna give all my secrets away". Collapse
  5. HMW
    Mar 7, 2012
    This album is great! Songs to listen to are, Secrets, Good Life, All the Right Moves, and Waking Up. These songs are amazing along as all the rest of the songs on the album. It is much better than their first album. Buy Now!
  6. Sep 4, 2010
    Full of meaningful lyrics and great musicianship. My top picks for the album are 'Waking Up', 'All the Right Moves', 'Secrets' and 'Missing Persons 1 & 2'.

1. Feb 22, 2012
    Second album Waking Up is a set of polished arrangements so middle of the road they make Snow Patrol sound like Animal Collective.
  2. OneRepublic sophomore disc reflects that studio experience with loads of slick synth licks and jucy percussion tricks; it's much more flavorful than the band's Fray-like debut. [20 Nov 2009, p.87]
  3. Fortunately, on OneRepublic's second album Waking Up, they've internalized a lot of the things that made Timbaland such a compelling producer--that good sounds are paramount, songs should move in odd directions and many different ideas can constitute a hook.