Warrior - Ke$ha
  • Release Date: Dec 4, 2012
7.7

Review this album

1. Jul 15, 2014
    I believe the album cover says it all. Ke$ha stands, like a ferocious Eve teleported from the first week of creation, shrouded in sparkles. Ke$ha’s ready to kick some ass and she isn’t going to let anyone even try to stop her.
    Although this album resembles Animal and Cannibal, Ke$ha ups the ante this time by throwing some pop-rock into her songs. Ke$ha had stated that “people say that
    rock and roll is dead, and it’s my mission and my goal to resurrect it in the form of pop music…” and she really does do a damn decent job of fitting it in.
    My favorite song on here, hands down, without question, is “Wonderland”. Not because of the lack of Auto-Tune or the fact that Patrick Carney of the Black Keys plays the drums, but because it is the first time I’ve heard Ke$ha slow life down and let the listeners know that even though she is a bonafide badass, her life is much more complicated. And get this: Ke$ha wishes she could back to the time where life was simple before the fame, where she had close friends, when she was young, reckless, and hopeful, when she called her car “home”, and most of all, when she faced an uncertain future and didn’t give a ****
    Ke$ha just wants to be a kid for her entire life. And that was when I instantly fell in love with her music, because I feel the same exact way.
    Who doesn’t want to party 24/7, have sex, ingest unknown drugs, and drink countless amounts of alcohol with no lasting repercussions? In the end, it’s the only thing our heart desires until the day we die.
    If I may, we all…want to make the most of the night like we’re gonna die young.
    Right?
    I would say that Ke$ha stepped aside from her usual “I don’t give a let’s party” attitude a little in Warrior and opened up to us. It’s not often that you hear celebrities wish for the days before fame. It’s not often you hear punk-rock and pop-rock being incorporated into a album these days. I mean come on, Iggy Pop is on this album! When was the last time you heard Iggy Pop on the radio? And the Strokes?!? My third favorite band is on a Ke$ha album! I don’t care if all they have is Julian Casablancas singing “I just want to dance with you” over and over again, it’s brilliant! Not to mention the kick-ass guitar solo…and Gold Trans Am is a horny, obnoxious, and hilarious ballad of having sex in the back of a gold sports car. Would you expect anything else from her?
    Ke$ha created a fine piece of work with Warrior. I laughed, I danced, I pondered existence. Ke$ha only added to her reputation as being the hardest female rocker today, and sounds like she had a real fun time doing it.
  2. Jul 11, 2014
    In Warrior, we saw Kesha evolve. The album has great differences compared to Animal or Cannibal. Kesha shown here that she is still a 'party-girl', but her songs have a less electronic sound, and the amount of effects on her voice was drastically decreased. Songs like Last Goodbye bring an atmosphere charged of emotion, while others were made just for you to have fun, as C'mon. I dare say this is the best work of this lady, who still have much to show us in future works. Expand
  3. Jul 10, 2014
    Easily Ke$ha's best body of work to date, flying past the autotune-overdosed 'Animal' and not looking back, this album deserved to sell millions of copies and the fact it flopped is depressing.

The opening track 'Warrior' delivers a fierce, fast paced gay rights anthem, with Ke$ha declaring "Fight for the **** ups, stand up for true love, we'll never give up" Similar messages are shown
    in songs 'Crazy Kids' & 'All That Matters' Of course, Ke$ha gives her usual dosage of throwaway party tunes with tracks like 'C'mon' & 'Out Alive' which are generic yet very listenable.

Ke$ha adds more slower paced songs that usual, and when her more romantic love songs are usually lost in a sea of synths and bass boosters, this album shows off Ke$ha's more vulnerable side perfectly, with the additions of 'Supernatural' 'Wonderland' & 'Wherever You Are'

Album highlights include previously mentioned 'Supernatural' along with 'Gold Trans Am'' 'Last Goodbye' & 'Dirty Love' Which includes a mediocre verse from rock veteran Iggy Pop, yet Ke$ha manages to make the track brilliant none the less. Album lowlights include 'Love Into The Light' and 'Past Lives' which are forgettable at best.

A brilliant album overall, strongly recommend to fans of pop AND rock alike.
  4. Jun 26, 2014
    When I first heard Warrior I just didn't care, just buy it for listen to Die Young and Crazy Kids, but years have passed and my friend told me she was addicted to a song called Dirty Love by Kesha, I asked if it was on her last album and she said yes, so I ran to the computer and started listening to the album. And what happened was a amazing surprise, the album is completely wonderful! Yes, It's full of auto-tune, but who cares? The songs are made to be hits! I love Only Wanna Dance With You, Dirty Love, Wherever You Are and the ballads Wonderland and Past Lives. The best album from Kesha, no doubt! Looking forward to the next. Expand
  5. Jun 20, 2014
    Um dos melhores albuns que já ouvi,mas a crítica leva seu mediano Animal no coração mesmo com Cannibal e Warrior sendo trabalhos MARAVILHOSOS.
    É uma pena,ao menos sei que Ke$ha só melhora,que venha o proximo.
  6. Jan 5, 2014
    a fantastic album for the heavily restricted artist she is, the wide contrast of tracks which have been approved by dr luke leave to the imagination how incredible this album could've been if she had been able to the album her own way. recent events show kesha is definitely a warrior
  7. Dec 6, 2013
    A great pop/dance album! I think is the best of Ke$ha.

Best songs: Only Wanna Dance with You, Supernatural and All That Matters (The Beautiful Life).
  8. Nov 1, 2013
    This is an album entirely driven on guilty pleasure for me. Every song is generic pop (which is why it's 9 and not 10) but it's all done so well in my opinion. I really wish it got more attention than it did
  9. Sep 1, 2013
    Ke$ha has her own style, just like Nicki Minaj, it's love it or hate it. After a few years since "Animal" she releases "Warrior" which is also a follow up to her EP "Cannibal" and I'm happy to say that "Warrior" is Awesome, it's fun, hip, catchy, and surprisingly more personal than you might think. I very much enjoyed Ke$ha's latest release even if it doesn't break any new ground in the world of pop. First off Ke$ha is no Beyonce, she doesn't have strong pipes, but she still has fun with what she's got, you can tell that most of her vocals are auto tuned but it's used correctly and it doesn't sound ridiculous. Iggy Pop does a guest duet on the song "Dirty Love" which is of course about sex, a lot of Ke$ha's same antics are still here, constant partying, sex, and causing trouble, but a few songs on here are very thought provoking, and are the standouts. Songs include "Wonderland", "Only Wanna Dance With You", and the tremendous "Love Into the Light" thankfully it's balanced out and isn't misplaced like other pop albums. The album is twelve songs long and is perfectly paced, never feeling too slow nor too fast, plus Ke$ha provides all the fun party tunes that you know and love, but she also makes you think about life. Overall, "Warrior" won't win any awards, but it's fun, catchy, and heartfelt. If you're looking for something meaningful while not going overboard and still sticking a middle finger to the public, Warrior will do just that. Expand
  10. Aug 26, 2013
    While parts of the album are predictable Ke$ha, the Nashville native does surprise listeners with several inventive and even beautiful moments, most notably through the songs "Wonderland," "Dirty Love" and "Love into the Light." Ultimately, it is an entertaining pop album with some depth, and does indicate a further maturing of Ke$ha's image and music.
  11. Aug 15, 2013
    Even though "Warrior" is pretty good, Ke$ha's albums keep decreasing in their likeability. I think everyone is getting tired of all Ke$ha's gliitter. The best songs are "Thinking of You" and "Dirty Love".
  12. Aug 1, 2013
    Ke$ha is back, and better than ever, with her critically acclaimed sophomore album, "Warrior". This record, which features a duet with Iggy Pop, not only makes you want to sing along, but dance along too! With lyrics that discuss self-empowerment and love, the album incorporates dance-pop and electropop styles with elements of electronic rock and hip hop.

Track-by-Track Review:
    "Warrior" 9/10; one of the best ways to start an album is with a fantastic track, like this
    2. "Die Young" 10/10; the lead single from Ke$ha's second album, "Warrior", is a fantastic mix of electropop and '70s rock
    3. "C'Mon" 9/10; the second single from the album is a song that makes everyone want to sing along
    4. "Thinking of You" 10/10; a terrific track that showcases a break-up
    5. "Crazy Kids" 10/10; the second best song on the album
    6. "Wherever You Are" 8/10; a great song, but not anything that's too special
    7. "Dirty Love" 10/10; with verses from both Ke$ha and Iggy Pop, this is indeed the best track on the record
    8. "Wonderland" 9/10; an amazing song that is so different from Ke$ha's other material
    9. "Only Wanna Dance with You" 10/10; a wonderful song that takes you back to the '80s
    10. "Supernatural" 10/10; words can't even explain this song
    11. "All That Matters (The Beautiful Life)" 10/10; 'baby all that matters' is this song
    12. "Love Into the Love" 9/10; what a perfect way to end the album
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    If I may, we all…want to make the most of the night like we’re gonna die young.
    Right?
  14. Jun 18, 2013
    Great album with great duets. Begins with Kesha doing what he does best and then plunges into a world of references. With hints of Classic Rock, indie rock, electronic and intimate with few tracks, is the most diverse of Kesha before. And definitely the level of letters greatly improved.

Highlight for Crazy Kids, Supernatural, Dirty Love and I Only Wanna Dance With You But of the title
    track to Last Goodbye, no disappoints. Expand
  15. May 24, 2013
    One of the best pop albums of the past year. Her last album was generic and her vocals were overshadowed by her use of auto tune. She creates a new genre of music..... ****-pop. She gives everything you want and more. She gives you heavy rock experimental influenced songs like Gold Trans Am, Wonderland, and Dirty Love; dance songs that we love like Die Young, C'mon, Thinking Of You, Wherever You Are, Supernatural,All That Matters (The Beautiful Life), Out Alive; pop-rock songs that sound like P!nk could do like Thinking Of You, Only Wanna Dance With You, Love Into The Light, and Last Goodbye; and experimental alternative, indie pop songs like Warrior, and the power ballad Past Lives. This album has the Ke$ha we all fell in love with, as well as a new improved rock star side of her we've never seen. This album was also good for the produced Dr. Luke. He usually produces generic hits but this album shows his diversity. Animal/ Cannibal is abut a 5/10 but this album makes me see Ke$ha in a totally different light and have so much love and respect for her. Every single track is different and I love every one. The songs are relatable, can make you cry, can make you dance, etc. She is honestly more talented than people give her credit for. Expand
  16. May 12, 2013
    This album sounded like it was going to be better than Animal, but it wasn't all that. I think the album is good, but there are some not good tracks on the album. I'd still check it out if I was you though. Decent album!
  17. May 12, 2013
    Really fun album with few boring tracks. Supernatural, Last Goodbye, Die Young and Warrior are best tracks and need to be a single. To sum up it's better then her debut Animal.
  18. Apr 3, 2013
    Wow, I didn't like Ke$ha's first album, but this really raises the bar, I liked nearly every song on the album, and they were really well done
    Warrior 8/10 A triumphant entry to the genre, she sounds defiant, and strong
    Die Young 8/10 A fun single, she sounds like she's enjoying the song, and so do I
    C'mon 10/10 My favourite song on the album, she sounds defiant and declares the ecstasy
    over emphatic beats
    Thinking of you 7/10 Though I don't like this song as much, the autotune bridge before the chorus really is something special
    Crazy Kids 8/10 Cleverly balancing a guitar chorus with gritty verses and impressively arrogant lyrics, Crazy kids is a hit
    Wherever you are 7/10 Though nothing special, it's a sign that Ke$ha once again has emotions which she seemed to generally avoid in the previous album
    Dirty Love 8/10 A good fun Iggy pop collaboration which though boasting nothing special, has really cleverly blended both of their genres
    Wonderland 9/10 This is a really good emotionally moving song, the lyrics are believable, and she means what she's saying
    Only Wanna Dance With You 6/10 It's okay, but I think it could've been better
    Supernatural 9/10 I just love the chorus so much in this song, and the verses are slickly produced
    All that matters 8/10 This is a classic Kesha song, she sounds like she's really enjoying this song
    Love into the light 8/10 A nice slice of pop reminiscent of In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins and a heavy hard chorus really propels this song
    Last Goodbye 9/10 Another really good song showing Kesha's more sensitive side with a really infectious chorus
    Gold Trans Am 9/10 A really infectiously fun song with a chorus which really gets stuck inside your head
    Out Alive 7/10 Another really big loud dance song from Kesha, a good listen, but nothing particularly special
    Past Lives 9/10 This is such a great song, it was too short though

Kesha really stepped up this album, this album is much slicker and well produced, it also sounded a lot more polished with a lot more attention to detail in this album
  19. Mar 30, 2013
    Ke$ha não abandonou totalmente suas origens, mas criou novas raízes, como as do Rock'n'Roll, seu vocal deixa a desejar, mas isso compensado com as letras envolventes e profundas... o que se pode dizer que um album bem dirty, com destaque para, Dirty Love (feat. Iggy Pop), Wonderland (feat. Patrick Carney), Only Wanna Dance With You (feat. The Strokes).
  20. Mar 29, 2013
    Honestly this is Ke$has best album, and one of the best albums to come out of 2012! Definatly a step up from the Animal/Cannibal era, and if your a big fan of pop music or even a big Ke$ha fan i'd advise to to buy it right now! As a big fan of Ke$ha myself (Yes i bought it the day it came out) i cant help but get those lyrics stuck in my head, everything from beautifully written lyrics to amazing chorus' the album is a must! As if you bought/heard anything from the Animal/Cannibal era, auto-tune may have turned you away but Ke$ha drops the auto-tune for this album, here's a track by track review just incase you'd like to know more or just buy songs individually on iTunes.
    Track One WARRIOR Warrior is a great way to start off the album, between the insperational and powerfull lyrics this song is amazing! Definatly one of the highlights in my opionion!
    Track Two DIE YOUNG -
    Die Young is the second track and also the lead single, this song is great and really catchy. Im obsessed with it since it premiered and if you haven't heard this yet you must be living under a rock.
    Track Three C'MON -
    C'mon is the albums second single and thrid track. C'mon is one of my favourites also on the album its super catchy and really fun to sing along to. Although it hasnt done to well on the charts yet, im sure you will love it!
    Track Four THINKING OF YOU -
    Thinking Of You showcases the rock/pop genre Ke$ha was talking about for this album. Its a break-up song and has really humourous lyrics and is sure to get you singing along! Although the song isnt one of my favourites, i still really like the verses very much!
    Track Five CRAZY KIDS -
    Crazy Kids is definatly single worthy and a radio smash for summer. Im in love with this song its definatly a must if you haven't heard it yet, one of the albums highlights for sure!
    Track Six WHEREVER YOU ARE -
    Wherever You Are is a love song, perfectly wrote and really good song overall. This really shows Ke$has vocal ability and how she can write about more than just partying, this song is one of my favourites on 'Warrior'.
    Track Seven DIRTY LOVE Dirty Love, uhm in still not to sure about this, it hasnt quite grown on me yet, although i really love the chorus' and the verses i just cant find myself loving this yet. If your a rock fan this song will definatly suit you but it's not quite for me.
    Track Eight WONDERLAND -
    Wonderland is really good, its a slowed down song and shows a really different side to Ke$ha. The lyrics and singing in this song are amazing and if your into slow songs then this is for you.
    Track Nine ONLY WANNA DANCE WITH YOU -
    Only Wanna Dance With You has kind of an 80's vibe to it. Its a really up-beat and catchy track and i really like it but its not one of my favourites if im honest.
    Track Ten SUPERNATURAL -
    Ok, Supernatural... its just amazing. I honestly cant put into words how amazing this song is. Dr. Luke leaked a 40 second snippit of this back in July 2012 to preview what 'Warrior' would be like, when 'Warrior' was eventually released from the word go i was hooked to this! The beat is kind of hypnotic and its really amazing work, the lyrics are also very catchy. It's rumoured to be the 3rd single from the album and will definatly do well in the charts!
    Track Eleven ALL THAT MATTERS (THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE)
    All That Matters is a dance track. Although its nothing like anything from Animal/Cannibal, its definatly a Ke$ha song! This will definatly be a hit on her tour this summer with the lines like ''Put your motherf**king phones up/light um' up''
    Track Twelve LOVE INTO THE LIGHT -
    Another slowed down song and another side to Ke$ha, Love Into The Light is an amazing song but i just cant find my way around some of the lyrics, but overall a really good track.

DELUXE EDITION TRACKS
    Track Thirteen LAST GOODBYE -
    If you got the deluxe edition like i did, you probably heard these songs. Last Goodbye is definatly single worthy and one of the albums highlights! Its just amazing, the beat, the lyrics, everything i love it!
    Track Fourteen GOLD TRANS AM -
    Gold Trans Am is definatly more rock direction and will be amazing on the tour. The lyrics are very funny and extreamly catchy i just cant help myself going around singing them.
    Track Fifteen OUT ALIVE -
    Out Alive would be a definate radio hit. Although in most reviews this track hasn't been reviewed well, i think its an amazing party track and very clever lyric wise.
    Track Sixteen PAST LIVES -
    Past Lives is definatly my least favourite, its a really good song lyrically but i just can't find a way to like this track.

So if you've read down to here, you have read alot, sorry this took up so much but i tried as much as i could to review it! If you liked the review and thinking about buying it, buy it! If your going to buy some tracks off iTunes, do it! Highlights are definatly Warrior,Crazy Kids,Supernatural and Last Goodbye and the two released singles! Thanks for reading!
  21. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Albums Of All Time! Ke$ha Shows She Knows How To Party... And Really $ing! This Album Is Better Than I Ever Thought! Deserves A Grammy! Below Is A Tracklist And Score Out Of 10! Warror 10/10 Die Young 10/10 C'mon 10/10 Thinking Of You 10/10 Crazy Kids 10/10 Wherever You Are 10/10 Dirty Love 10/10 Wonderland 10/10 Only Wanna Dance (With You) 9/10 Supernatural 10/10
    All That Matters (The Beautiful Life) 10/10
    Love Into The Light 10/10
    (DELUXE EDTION TRACKS)
    Last Goodbye 10/10
    Gold Trans Am 10/10
    Out Alive 9/10
    Past Lives 10/10
  22. Mar 18, 2013
    gradually assuming everything promised while producing this new album, Kesha leaves no more doubt really know how to sing, compose and be rock fan. In "Warrior" Kesha did not want to become the voice of the generation or attacking heavy metal star, but to show that we have already lost too much time on things that are not worth it, taking the opportunity to do that homage to their idols. The album is animated, experimental and rude in the right measure, is also useful for those times when you just want to forget the rest of the world and enjoy life. We will all die one day and Kesha goal here is to convince us to complete all our goals before that day comes, even though our goal for life is just sex in old cars or exchange feelings with beings from another world. That's it!

BY: It Pop
  23. Mar 9, 2013
    Best Ke$ha album. It's elaborate, addictive and dancing, Just buy and have fun with this great example for the pop and electronic music. Don't miss it!
  24. Jan 23, 2013
    An amazing pop album with the usual dance and party all night anthems, but they are all extremely catchy. Witty lyrics, reflective in parts and every song sounding like it was made to be a hit. The production is very well done and it is surprisingly my top album of 2012 so full marks for Kesha and her team.
  25. Jan 19, 2013
    Great follow-up to Animal, and while it hasn't taken off like Animal did I really hope people start to fall in love with it. It has some great dance tracks and, so far, the right singles have been chosen :)
  26. Jan 18, 2013
    I'm gonna be frank here: I can't stand any commercially released songs I've ever heard from Kesha (I refuse to use the dollar sign) until checking out this album in full. I say "commercially released" songs specifically because of 2 non-album tracks that've leaked online called Goodbye & Feels Like Rain that showed Kesha's true abilities as a great singer-songwriter. Now whether these are from before fame or between albums I don't know, but what I do know is that her talent, from what I'm hearing/assuming, is being squandered by the big record label so they can churn out another cash cow pop star. Which is a shame really, because she has a lot of potential to do good musically. Fortunately Warrior is, to an extent, a step in the right direction. Sill, while it does show some more personal & introspective songwriting on tracks like Wonderland, Love into the Light, Last Goodbye & Past Lives, trashy generic party fuel like Die Young, C'Mon & Crazy Kids still festers in her "sound". And it's not always one way or the other. For example, the title track Warrior has a great rousing chorus about freedom & empowerment that jarringly devolves into a crappy non-musical club beat with much more generic & uninspired lyrics. Repeat this 4 times & the song's over. Die Young is musically a terrible ripoff of Good Feeling, which was already a bad song that already stole/sampled from others & while it's more tolerable than stuff like Blah Blah Blah, it's still along the same lines of suckiness. And C'Mon, while not as bad on the surface as Die Young, is pretty much more of the same. Next is Thinking of You, which like Warrior has a nice chorus with good lyrics with bad verses/pre-choruses that lessen its impact. In the chorus she's heartbroken over her boyfriend cheating on her & having trouble getting over it. It's executed well with a nice melody & believable lyrics. The problem comes in everywhere else, where she sounds so obnoxious, snarky & overall unlikable on a near-Want U Back level that I just can't be on her side anymore on the matter. Crazy Kids is easily the worst song on the album, with nauseating lyrics/music on a self-parody level. Wherever You Are is probably the most positively consistent song on the album at this point, mainly due to the more sweet & sincere-leaning subject matter. Still though, a few questionable lyrics & severe overproduction (even worse than usual) in the chorus keep it from being a total success. Of course one of the more talked-about songs here is Dirty Love, which features punk rock pioneer Iggy Pop. Now an interesting thing about this song is that even though the subject matter is explicitly sexual like some other songs either, I can't help but enjoy it. Whether it be the more rock-influenced sound, great-sounding chorus or Iggy's signature tongue-in-cheek lyrical wit, it finds plenty of ways to hook me in. Call it a guilty pleasure I guess. Wonderland epitomizes the potential I was referring to earlier. It's a piano-driven, almost country-esque ballad about longing for a return to your wild youth. And while it kinda contradicts other songs here subject matter-wise, this comes off as much more sincere & genuine. It also notably features The Black Keys' Patrick Carney on drums. Let's hope her next album is full of songs this good. Continuing this streak of good songs, Only Wanna Dance With You is probably the most straightforward rock song on the whole album, mostly influenced by The Strokes, complete with Dr. Luke doing a good impression of Julian Casablancas. Another solid track that while not showing as much depth as Wonderland, is still very fun & enjoyable. Supernatural has a similar problem as Warrior in that it has a great chorus that's let down by everything around it. While this song is sex-centric, not an uncommon theme here, it's done in a more refreshingly sensual & epic way, to which the verses & pre-chorus immediately go "LOL NO" & take a turn for the generic & trashy. While All That Matters (The Beautiful Life) is tolerable, it's just another throwaway party jam that does absolutely nothing for me. Not offensively bad, just... there. Love into the Light (along with Past Lives) is one of the least commercial songs here musically, featuring a pounding drum beat & a grand/epic arrangement with full instrumentation & lyrics that, while a bit on the generic side, do have an earnest sounding message of love & acceptance. And on an album like this, that's certainly a treat. Last Goodbye has a nice building structure with good melodies & what I think are a banjo & mandolin (overproduction kinda drowns them out). Lyrically it basically gets right what Wherever You Go & Thinking of You were trying to do but ultimately fell short at. Next we have Gold Trans Am, which while having some cool rock elements, fails horribly lyrically. Out Alive awkwardly jams generic club stuff into an otherwise decent social commentary message about greed & wastefulness. Score: 59/100 Expand
  27. Jan 15, 2013
    I don't really apreciate Ke$ha as a singer and her songs are a sloppy and some of then doesn't even make since . But in comparation to her past albuns this is a much better album.
  28. Jan 13, 2013
    Warrior is an 'okay' album. The most of the songs on the album are the same like the ones from her previous releases. Basic, simple and autotuned party songs with no message.
  29. Jan 6, 2013
    Love her or hate her, Kesha is slowly becoming a more pronounced and stronger pop diva in the market right now. Some strong singles including 'Warrior' and 'Die Young', a surprisingly robust effort from this singer, who is no stranger to contoversy.
  30. Jan 6, 2013
    Best album EVER!!! Ke$ha really can sing! This album is full of positive power, just seizes the moment. She reduce the using of auto-tuned, more instruments and vocals! I love that!

1. Dec 17, 2012
    The naff raps and Auto-Tuned gloop can't spoil the addictive rush of the air-punching, get-pissed-destroy-a-bus-shelter anthems that abound here. [Jan 2012, p.93]
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    Warrior, a moderate improvement of her disappointing debut Animal. [Jan 2013, p.106]
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    Really, though, her graceless output remains unaffected.