With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails
8.7

Review this album

1. Dec 17, 2013
    maybe it moves away from the original style of Nine Inch Nails but it's still one of the best albums of the band and one of my favorites.

I feature Grohl participation in songs like All The Love In The World and Every Day Is Exactly The Same.

I give 10 to album because the whole album is a musical odyssey along with The Fragile
  2. Jun 21, 2013
    The heaviest pop album ever made. Relentlessly Trent, more streamlined than fragile. More hooks than a tackle box. The hand that feeds is one of the best songs I ever heard. Production is very beast. Bad Trent nailed it here.
  3. May 26, 2012
    I liked With Teeth quite a bit, and it did grow on me with repeated listens. I feel that the second half of the album is stronger than the first half, which is my main complaint. I feel that track 4, and track 6 onward are the strongest on the record, but that's just my opinion. This is still a good album and a must listen for any NIN fan.
  4. Dec 14, 2010
    Previous Nine Inch Nails works including the Fragile, Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine were filled with emotion and grit in the lyrics and in the music itself. With Teeth is far more accessible and makes listening to this album easier yet this album has no real grit in it. It seems as if Trent Reznor is trying to make The Fragile into popular culture. But he is not trying anything new, just remaining in safe territority. 1994's 'Hurt' is seen in 'Right where it belongs' which is the last track in standard albums. It's an okay song but is fairly unremarkable. Reznor was known for pushing himself, but he simply is not, preferring popular lyrical themes- anger with the government that is strongly present in songs such as The Hand That Themes. But the album does have good songs. The best song on the album is 'only' because it is refreshing and is experimental in how Pretty Hate Machine became a modern- classic. 'You know what you are' is heavy with the Downward Spiral and that's a good thing as this track is very strong and angry. Certain copies of With Teeth had a fourteenth song called 'Home' which is an impressive song and a highlight and beats Right Where it belongs in trying to be like Hurt. Overall, it is a good album but not his best. Expand

1. Quite frankly, this is the record that NIN should have released if Reznor had wanted to capitalize on the success of The Downward Spiral.
  2. More in line with his tighter debut, Pretty Hate Machine, With Teeth is made up of bursts of dark, scary and paranoid gut punches.
  3. Reznor seems to have finally grasped that listening to a NIN album should not be as torturous as whatever artistic agony went into its creation. [29 Apr 2005, p.145]