Wolf

8.3

Review this album

1. Mar 11, 2017
    I like this album, it's tylers most complete album yet with a good mix of harder and softer music. But albums like WOLF aren't meant to be analyzed they aren't artistic I am sure there are people who are going to hate this album but that's the point. Tylers music isn't for everyone
  2. Apr 19, 2015
    I would have to say that Tyler is a good example of supply and demand. He is how a person with nominal talent can use profanity, publish nonsense ridden album covers, take random pictures of vulgarity and still draw a crowd. The only reason his net worth is $6 million is because he draws the disposable income crowd. Those that can spend their money on anything they want.

Also, who

Also, who broke out the old english dictionary to write the reviews. Come on people, tell it like it is, Tyler needs to drop the finger, clean up his mouth then think about music.

With that in mind I give him a "zero" until he cleans himself up.
  3. Apr 2, 2015
    Wolf is without a question, Tyler's best album/mixtape he has ever put out. First off, the production in this album is amazing and second, Tyler drops some of his best bars on this album. Favorite songs are Rusty, answer, 48, and wolf
  4. Oct 10, 2014
    better than almost all of the other albums put out this year. ITSbetter than almost all of the other albums put out this year. ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  5. Aug 22, 2014
    This album is a dream, it is a play. There is little more of substance which can capture what 'Wolf' is about: it truly is something that must be experienced for one's self at-full, even if there are parts of it one does not enjoy. It did not reach the creative heights that 'Bastard' did, but it is still phenomenal.
  6. Jul 31, 2014
    Better than Goblin, but I still not feeling Tyler rhymes. I really love the tracks "Jamba", "AwKWard", "48" and "Threehome95" (a possible Erykah Badu solo song).

7/10 (Good)
  7. Jul 10, 2014
    I liked Wolf. It had good verses, good beats, and good tracks all together. Just the thing that kind of disappointed me was that it didn't have that Dark Flare that made up Bastard and Goblin. And, the subjects of the verses start to kind of get repetitive but, overall, it was a good album.
  8. Apr 23, 2014
    This may be a little late, but the fact that I have listened to it since it released shows something. This has to be my favorite rap album of all time. It saved my life, and I cannot give an album a greater title
  9. Jan 10, 2014
    If Wolf were a narrative, it would be a classic. Just like Goblin, Wolf continues the story of Wolf Haley, Sam and Salem. But because it's so relevant to Goblin, I felt like I was listening to Goblin all over again. I do however praise the production of the album and how creative it was. The album is best described as a rollercoaster experience, it has it's highs and lows but enough lowsIf Wolf were a narrative, it would be a classic. Just like Goblin, Wolf continues the story of Wolf Haley, Sam and Salem. But because it's so relevant to Goblin, I felt like I was listening to Goblin all over again. I do however praise the production of the album and how creative it was. The album is best described as a rollercoaster experience, it has it's highs and lows but enough lows to make it barely exciting. Expand
  10. Jan 1, 2014
    This album is perfect. Tyler has finally matured and found the perfect mix between his usual self that we have seen on Goblin and Bastard and his new self that we see here on Wolf.
  11. Nov 16, 2013
    One thing Tyler presents to us in Wolf is that he has finally matured, alot.

No longer is he talking about rape, no longer do his beats feel thrown together but instead feel like hes put in everything he has got to show.

I love this LP for its catchy instrumentals, brilliant ideas, funny but deep lyrics and its overall consistency.
  12. Nov 12, 2013
    Wolf shows that even the dirtiest rappers can evolve. The subject matter has changed here. Tyler is talking more about his personal life rather than his rape and murder fantasies. Production wise, it is really good especially "Rusty". This album is awesome.
  13. Oct 19, 2013
    The production has improved astronomically since Goblin. There are many great features on this album and it is a joy to listen to. Tyler's flow has also improved since goblin.
  14. Sep 17, 2013
    Newest album from Odd Future front-man features a mix of up-beat heavy beats and simplistic soft backgrounds that allow his passionate and unique rapping style and persona to come through. The album really tells a story that can be connected to his personal life and the continuing story found deep within his albums, and provides evidence as to why Tyler is an underrated, elite rapper. It'sNewest album from Odd Future front-man features a mix of up-beat heavy beats and simplistic soft backgrounds that allow his passionate and unique rapping style and persona to come through. The album really tells a story that can be connected to his personal life and the continuing story found deep within his albums, and provides evidence as to why Tyler is an underrated, elite rapper. It's easy to find things in the album you hadn't before, a great listen every time. Expand
  15. Jun 14, 2013
    Tyler's grown a LOT, and it really shows here. Compared to his previous efforts, the production here is way cleaner and diverse, and the lyrics are a lot more focused and driven. This actually sounds like music...to me Goblin just sounded like one long angry rant without a real purpose, although it had some standout tracks of its own
  16. May 6, 2013
    Amazing. Probably the best album released this year so far. While some of the lyrics don't rhyme, the beats and story make up for it. If you're into Alternative hip-hop, this is definitely something you'll like.
  17. Apr 22, 2013
    This album obviously was more mature than Goblin, and Bastard. But that's besides the point. The production value Tyler took the time to mold and create and integrate into WOLF made this album really, really good. This album was really personal and intimate on a good level that we could enjoy. Add Frank Ocean, and friends on the album and you really have a good album. Must buy if you're aThis album obviously was more mature than Goblin, and Bastard. But that's besides the point. The production value Tyler took the time to mold and create and integrate into WOLF made this album really, really good. This album was really personal and intimate on a good level that we could enjoy. Add Frank Ocean, and friends on the album and you really have a good album. Must buy if you're a fan, must buy if you're a first time listener. You won't regret it. Its like listening to art. After this album I really can't say Tyler is a rapper anymore, because he's not. He's an artist who makes awesome music. Expand
  18. Apr 16, 2013
    I won’t lie and claim that I’ve been on this ish since the beginning; I was never the biggest advocate of the Odd Future crew. I found their musings, or lack their of, to be childish and undeveloped (admittedly, the beats were always sick). In recent times, though, the bunch are earning my love and the attention of my ears. This includes ring leader Tyler, The Creator, whose first twoI won’t lie and claim that I’ve been on this ish since the beginning; I was never the biggest advocate of the Odd Future crew. I found their musings, or lack their of, to be childish and undeveloped (admittedly, the beats were always sick). In recent times, though, the bunch are earning my love and the attention of my ears. This includes ring leader Tyler, The Creator, whose first two works, Bastard (2009) and Goblin (2011) didn’t quite do it for me on their own. And yet, he’s got me swooning with Wolf, the seemingly final album of Tyler’s theorized “Wolf Trilogy.”...

Read more at: http://www.recomedia.net/music/tyler-the-creator-wolf-review/
  19. Apr 16, 2013
    To be blunt; it's a really great album. A lot more focused and less 'juvenile bratty' than Goblin was. The lyrical content is much more personal and engaging, and the production is retro but extremely refreshing. Tyler continues to be enigmatic and enthralling. Standouts: 48, Domo23, IFHY, Rusty.
  20. Apr 14, 2013
    Great album, the only negative I have is some of the songs sound like "filler", like they don't really belong there, better then goblin, not sure if it's better then bastard, they have a totally different sound, it feels like comparing a taco bell to burger king, it's a matter of opinion and mine isn't totally formed yet, however, this might be Tyler's best project so far...
  21. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is the best album from Tyler yet, with the most catchy beats like, "Jamba" and crazy lyrics from "Trash Wang", and an overall dark setting like the usual Tyler the Creator. This album however is not all about, "F#@$in B#@$%es and Suicide" like Goblin, but tends to be more like Tyler's first album, "Bastard", and delves through the mind of an innocent teenager living through a disgusting society. Overall, Swag.. swag... swag.. SWAG... SWAG. SWAG GOLFWAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  22. Apr 7, 2013
    With the Wolf album, it finally feels like Tyler The Creator is ready and willing to start challenging his loyal followers and get them thinking and as corny as it sounds feeling a bit. Throughout his career no reasonable critic has ever challenged his creativity or intelligence (though it’s been purposely deceptive), but many have criticized how he used it. This project, should thoseWith the Wolf album, it finally feels like Tyler The Creator is ready and willing to start challenging his loyal followers and get them thinking and as corny as it sounds feeling a bit. Throughout his career no reasonable critic has ever challenged his creativity or intelligence (though it’s been purposely deceptive), but many have criticized how he used it. This project, should those critics sit down with it, is definitely going to shut them up. Hell, I’ll admit that I probably fell into that OF “hater” category a bit, and was taken by surprise myself after I got through this one a few times Expand
  23. Apr 7, 2013
    I'd struggle to call this music. This is pretentious whining from a sad little man with no life experience. It sounds like he recorded it in his basement on garageband. Stay away.
  24. Apr 6, 2013
    Tyler, the Creator's 3rd album, Wolf, is probably his best album to date, bringing new music that is sure to please all fans of him abroad. While Tyler definitely progresses into what most would say is a more mature Tyler, he still has plenty of comedic lines and fun tracks(like Tamale and Domo23) for fans looking for more Goblin or Bastard like tracks. Entirely self-produced, the album isTyler, the Creator's 3rd album, Wolf, is probably his best album to date, bringing new music that is sure to please all fans of him abroad. While Tyler definitely progresses into what most would say is a more mature Tyler, he still has plenty of comedic lines and fun tracks(like Tamale and Domo23) for fans looking for more Goblin or Bastard like tracks. Entirely self-produced, the album is very well done, however, the progression can get a little repetitive in a whole playthrough. Standouts on the track include Ifhy(which includes Tyler's childhood hero Pharrell Williams) Answer, 38, and Colossus, and the track that is sure to please the most hardcore hip-hop heads, Rusty. The album is definitely his best in all regards, however it simply gets a little boring at different parts. One thing can definitely be said though is that Tyler does exactly what he wants on this album, giving listeners the ability to really appreciate Tyler's artistic vision with no label influence. Expand
  25. Apr 6, 2013
    "Wolf", the third studio album from arguably the most popular member of the Hip-Hop collective, Odd Future, fully delivers on all fronts. Tyler, The Creator has most noticeably done two things; progressed and matured as an artist. Tyler, again, produces every song on the album, and in doing so, has once again shown even more potential beyond just rapping. His previous album, "Goblin" has"Wolf", the third studio album from arguably the most popular member of the Hip-Hop collective, Odd Future, fully delivers on all fronts. Tyler, The Creator has most noticeably done two things; progressed and matured as an artist. Tyler, again, produces every song on the album, and in doing so, has once again shown even more potential beyond just rapping. His previous album, "Goblin" has some great beats/instrumentals, but ultimately was plagued by sloppy mixes in many of the songs. This is not a problem on Wolf though, and ultimately, the production is some of the best we've heard on any Odd Future release to date. To go along with his progression in producing, his lyrics and subject matter have also improved. Sure, you get a few of the typical Odd Future songs like "Trashwang", and "Domo23", but it's the other songs like "Answer", "48", and "Colossus" that show Tylers' improvement as a lyricist, and growth as an artist by digging deep into himself and giving us a Tyler we haven't seen too often before. The album as a whole doesn't come without it's missteps, but they're so overshadowed by what Tyler does right here that it doesn't even matter. The album has a little something for everybody; you have your hype tracks, personal tracks, and experimental tracks like the epic "PartyIsntOver/Campfire/Bimmer", and the very worldly "Tamale". Tyler, The Creator has delivered his best album to date, and perhaps the best release out of any Odd Future member thus far (yes, that includes Frank Ocean.) Expand
  26. Apr 6, 2013
    It is clear that Tyler is maturing through his efforts into one of hip hops best new artists. This album showcases his anger in form of lyrical dexterity. Along with his fellow odd future cohorts he delivers an amazing album. Good tracks are domo23 slater and awkward
  27. Apr 5, 2013
    Much better than Goblin and just as good as Bastard, in my opinion...Great album overall (best songs for me are Rusty, Bimmer, Akward and Treehome95).
  28. Apr 5, 2013
    There's a lot to love here; however, it's mostly more of the same from Tyler. Albeit he's maturing, fans of Goblin will find many similarities, as well as a few nice departures. Pharrell Williams stops by to lace IFHY with his silky smooth crooning, and Erykah Badu does the same Treehome95.

It's worth a listen, but it's far from the revelation that Goblin was.
  29. Apr 4, 2013
    Finally maturing musically-wise, Tyler paints an interesting picture of his conflicting viewpoints and grim childhood through the type of music very familiar with his fans.
  30. Apr 3, 2013
    wolf is amazing, i really liked bastard and goblin but this album is my favourite now, tracks like answer and awkward really got to me, is really a album you can relate to.

1. Jun 26, 2013
    It's complex, conflicted, and bipolar. Paranoid, even. Most of all, it reveals the harmless and empathetic character behind Tyler, the Creator's complicated persona.
  2. The Wire
    Apr 24, 2013
    He just keeps getting better at writhing around in this narrow space of homage and usually lands somewhere just between endearing and brilliant. [May 2013, p.67]
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    Wolf’s production features a more textured and subtle sound than we’ve ever heard before.