8.7

Review this album

1. Mar 20, 2011
    I fell in love with this album the very first time I heard it. I usually have to listen to albums a few times before I actually appreciate it but with this one, I instantly found a connection. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a brilliant album. Each track sounds like a single. It's produced very well and the whole album is catchy. Thomas Mars is a brilliant lyricists and a beautiful singer. His lyrics are poetry and very subtle on the ears. It's just a wonderful listen. All In All, Phoenix has created a masterpiece. A Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2011
    Beautifully constructed, addictive, and just good, wholesome fun! This album is a blast from start to finish. Despite only having 9 songs, this album delivers! With many catchy songs that I guarantee will stay in your head, this is a must-hear. The simplicity of this album is one key factor to why it is such an enjoyable album. The must-hear songs on this album if you don't intend to buy it (which you should!) are "Lisztomania", "1901", "Love Like A Sunset", "Countdown (Sick For The Big Sun)", and "Armistice". Collapse
  3. Aug 19, 2010
    Phoenix has masterfully created an artistic and insightful album.
  4. Jul 14, 2011
    Fantastic album; lives up to all the hype it received. There is not a bad track on it, and it such a dramatic evolution of Phoenix's previous work that it is hard to believe the same band made this and crappy Euro-pop albums like United.

1. It’s an approximation of what perfection might mean, which is: precise, lean, deliberate. There’s not a wasted moment here, and not one moment overstays it’s welcome, which from a bunch of aristocrats (I get) is pretty frickin’ rich.
  2. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a slender, fat-free affair, all Gallic swerve and subtle swagger. This may well be the album to broaden their fan-base wider then the fashionable glitterati.
  3. The real star of the show isn’t the often-bloodless figure of Thomas Mars, it’s the brilliantly detailed production, centred around the dovetailing drum and guitar chops, best heard via headphones for the full stroboscopic effect.