• Record Label: Sony
  • Release Date: Feb 24, 2009
9.0

Review this album

1. Mar 4, 2012
    A very good record yet again from Lamb of God. Like always, it is rather intense, heavy and aggresive while being awesomely catchy at the same time. Some of the tracks are within Lamb of God's best songs. It is really very good. Definitely buy it if you're a Lamb of God fan, but if you aren't this won't do anything to change your mind.
  2. Feb 22, 2012
    Goddamn, I think this is Lamd of God's best work to date. Better than Sacrament, better than Ashes of the Wake and As the Palaces Burn combine. Lamb of God keeps heavy metal alive. Asking Alexandria doesn't have **** on these guys
  3. Nov 27, 2011
    This album was garbage compared to their older stuff, the band has gone down hill since Sacrament. Ashes Of The Wake was their last good album, that being said... This album was better then Sacrament, I bought that album the day it got released and after listening to it all the way through tossed it into the trash.

I'm a huge LOG fan, but their new stuff is exactly what they didn't want

I'm a huge LOG fan, but their new stuff is exactly what they didn't want to sound like
    "now that, that Nu Metal is dying out" -( Randy Blythe) the issue is that they are Nu Metal
  4. Jul 8, 2011
    What is there to say about LOG that hasnt been said before.
    They are raw, aggressive. And this is THE perfect follow up to Era defining 'Sacrament' but to me this basic and raw LOG is better than the effect laden Sacrament.
    But whatever. LOG and their music are always top class. Blythe is more diverse in vocals, and his lyric writing is as brutal and sophisticated as ever. And the
    What is there to say about LOG that hasnt been said before.
    And the instrumentalists are as brilliant as ever. The standout for me is Contractor, a tribute to speed punk. And its just a brilliant, and whole album. Worthy of standing alone in the contemporary metal classics. The only thing wrong with it, it has a time limit.
  5. DarylK
    Jun 1, 2009
    Brilliant! Perhaps not quite as good as sacrament, but sacrament is my favourite album ever. This album rocks.
  6. GlenB
    May 29, 2009
    Not only is the musical verocity still there, but the progression as well! Randy's vocal range has improved with EVERY LOG album, to date! An album worthy of the namesake!
  7. FelixB
    May 19, 2009
    Lamb Of God delivered a through and through consequent LP, without any weak part within absolutely great songs. The Intro is one of the best i've ever heard, and the storm of an progressive and at the same time agressive punch in the face caught my attention from first to last second.. for 3 times in a row. It took time to explain to my girlfriend the reason for me listening to it Lamb Of God delivered a through and through consequent LP, without any weak part within absolutely great songs. The Intro is one of the best i've ever heard, and the storm of an progressive and at the same time agressive punch in the face caught my attention from first to last second.. for 3 times in a row. It took time to explain to my girlfriend the reason for me listening to it not just once or twice. Expand
  8. TimT
    May 19, 2009
    Yes definitely leave sacremant in the dust... because wrath far exceeds it. This album is excellent. furious, aggressive and excellent.
  9. KeenanS
    May 3, 2009
    Truly amazing. Just as good as Sacrament. Songs such as Broken Hands have powerful meaningful lyrics. They introduce new ideas in songs such as Grace. This album is a piece of art.
  10. SteveJ
    Mar 24, 2009
    I love this album no matter what rolling stone says!
  11. MertO.
    Feb 27, 2009
    There's not even a second wrong in this album.
  12. chrish
    Feb 25, 2009
    As a die hard lamb of god fan there is something missing but it still makes me nod my head not bang yet but mayber it will take some time. feedback welcome.
  13. MikieL
    Feb 25, 2009
    THis album is bad ass from start to finish. It has everything from each of the previous albums that they needed to capture, all mixed into one nice package. Anyone who craps on this album, needs to stop hating LOG just because they have actually become a succesful major-label metal band. They continue to evolve rather than regurgitate the same album over and over (a la one of my older THis album is bad ass from start to finish. It has everything from each of the previous albums that they needed to capture, all mixed into one nice package. Anyone who craps on this album, needs to stop hating LOG just because they have actually become a succesful major-label metal band. They continue to evolve rather than regurgitate the same album over and over (a la one of my older fav's Hatebreed). I would definitely reccommend buying this album if you can appreciate the same ol heavy tight ass riffs mixed with some new evolving guitar and vocal techniques. Chris Adler is on point as always. Expand

1. There's no denying the sheer "angry basement workout/summer garage weightlifting" potential that Wrath's perfectly acceptable 45-minute running time offers, but without a single hook that sticks around long enough to reel in the fish, all you've got is bait.
  2. Cuts like 'In Your Words' and 'Grace' cover an impressive amount of sonic ground, from delicate acoustic atmospherics to full-on rhythmic pummeling. Yet with frontman Randy Blythe's guttural growl--not to mention his bile-soaked lyrics about religious hypocrisy--this is hardly a bid for an active-rock breakthrough.
    They’re closer to turning monstrous dexterity into gut-wrenching metal, but for now, the oblatory goats and virgins are safe.