9.1

Review this album

1. sjoerdh
    Nov 22, 2004
    Oooh, it's a rock opera. Oooh, it's fragile. Oooh, it's so innovative. Oooh it's utter rubbish... This is the sound of coldplay on drugs, and i prefer smacking my head to a wall and listening to the sound that makes, because no matter how many people are going to feel obliged to think this is a good record, I wouldn't even approach it with a bargepole.
  2. DrJiberish
    Feb 25, 2007
    Completely overrated! Same with everything else in my music collection. I give it a 2 and everything else a 1.

1. The measured use of electronics recalls nothing so much as OK Computer, and in some ways Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots sounds like that album might have if Thom Yorke believed in God.
  2. Songs like "Fight Test" and "Do You Realize" have various tics--but they're so sweet-souled that such sins are easily forgiven. [19 July 2002, p.74]
    If Yoshimi.... lacks the sheer shock value of Bulletin's panoramic delirium, its peak moments are enough to make it one of 2002's most rewarding releases. [Album of the Month, Aug 2002, p.92]