Z - My Morning Jacket
8.3

Review this album

1. Dec 22, 2010
    This is one of my favorite albums. It's simply amazing. Jim Jame's vocals are simply astounding. His voice is beautiful. This is in my top ten greatest rock albums I've ever heard. "Wordless Chorus" is just an amazing starter. You can really hear Jim's voice the best in that song. And "Lay Low", my favorite song on the album and one of my favorite rock songs I've ever heard, has THE greatest guitar solo I've ever heard. It's just awesome. All In All, This is one of my favorite albums to date and it never gets old. A Expand
  2. j30
    Dec 7, 2011
    Z is an impressive, near great album from My Morning Jacket. Don't make a judgement the first time you listen to it. It's very different from anything you've ever heard before from the band. (Early) Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and Wilco all come to mind when I listen to the record.
  3. Jul 10, 2013
    All around great album. Awesome tunes with a mellow/laid back feel. It's just great. The real jewels of this album are "Dondante", "Wordless Chorus", and "Lay Low". Highly recommended.

1. A modern day classic.
  2. What you can expect is what makes My Morning Jacket tried and true: bigger-than-life lyrics, classic rock swagger, and the need to move forward.
    With Z, My Morning Jacket have left their comfort zone, assumed the mantle of firebrands, and delivered a truly momentous work. [Oct 2005, p.96]