8.2

Review this album

1. Jan 13, 2014
    This is one of my favorite all-time albums and I'm a little surprised to see people just kind of brush it off and say it's not as good as some of the older Tool albums. Something I'd like to point out, is that at the time, I had never heard a full Tool album before, and so I didn't have that standard that many Tool fans seem to have. And hearing it as nothing but an album from a band I had never listened to, I must say it is simply a masterpiece. In fact after listening to this album first and the older ones after, I tend to favour 10 000 Days more, a lot more in fact. Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    Tool is in my opinion one of the finest rock/metal bands ever, Tool manages with 10,000 Days to blend hard rock with extremely symphonic melodies to such a degree that my 80 year old grandfather actually liked them. If you like metal, rock, punk, classical, pop, or any kind of music you would be doing yourself a disservice if you don't listen to Tool.

1. It's not only a step forward for the band, but a re-embracing of the epic-length rock songs found at the roots of early heavy metal.
  2. When Tool sounds as good as it does on ["Jambi" and "The Pot"] it's hard to get enough. Which makes it all the more baffling that a surprisingly large chunk of the disc is given over to mood-enhancing soundscapes like "Lost Keys" and "Vigniti Tres."
  3. Sounds exactly like you would expect a Tool album to sound.