21 - Adele
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
7.5

Review this album

1. May 29, 2011
    I have absolutely no clue what all the fuss is about. 3 good songs. Overplayed TRIPE.
  2. Nov 20, 2011
    I don't understand a single person who could survive listening to all 11 tracks on the album. It's all pretty much about the same thing, love, break up, depressing and all the rest of it. On on album you expect variety but this one. Just the same track repeated over and over with different lyrics. If you wanna listen to depressing screeches for 48:12 straight go ahead and pick up a copy ofI don't understand a single person who could survive listening to all 11 tracks on the album. It's all pretty much about the same thing, love, break up, depressing and all the rest of it. On on album you expect variety but this one. Just the same track repeated over and over with different lyrics. If you wanna listen to depressing screeches for 48:12 straight go ahead and pick up a copy of 21. If you want variety. Forget it. Expand
  3. Apr 9, 2011
    Boring as hell. Rolling in the Deep is a really nice song, but the rest are so boring. She has a beautiful voice and she could do so much better with it,
  4. Jan 16, 2012
    Mediocre and pretentious work, nothing musically creative, low quality production, the only really good songs on the entire album are Rolling In The Deep and Set Fire To The Rain. Even though Great vocals and beautiful lyrics. Obviously overrated.
  5. Jul 9, 2012
    It won't surprise you to know that the best songs on '21' are "Rolling In The Deep" and "Someone Like You" - their position at the beginning and end of the album makes the remaining 10 songs feel slightly overshadowed and inadequate. However "Rumour Has It", "Turning Tables" and "Set Fire To The Rain" (surprise, surprise, the other singles from the album) do stand out and help to amend theIt won't surprise you to know that the best songs on '21' are "Rolling In The Deep" and "Someone Like You" - their position at the beginning and end of the album makes the remaining 10 songs feel slightly overshadowed and inadequate. However "Rumour Has It", "Turning Tables" and "Set Fire To The Rain" (surprise, surprise, the other singles from the album) do stand out and help to amend the more repetitive, forgettable tracks. Adele's stunning voice and flawless lyrics creates something so relatable and meaningful that the hype surrounding this arguably overrated album is easily forgiven. If you've ever had your heart broken then you need this album and while that does justify the monotony of the tracks it doesn't rectify it. Expand
  6. Mar 4, 2011
    This is the best album of this year so far. All of the songs here are well-written and full of emotion that the audience can easily relate themselves to. With an instant classic and Grammy-nominated potential album like 21, I really cannot believe why it got only 76 points. All the mixed reviews are full of hatred and maybe the people who wrote those reviews need to check their definitionThis is the best album of this year so far. All of the songs here are well-written and full of emotion that the audience can easily relate themselves to. With an instant classic and Grammy-nominated potential album like 21, I really cannot believe why it got only 76 points. All the mixed reviews are full of hatred and maybe the people who wrote those reviews need to check their definition of what is called " true music " ! Expand
  7. Apr 6, 2011
    On hearing 'Rolling in the Deep' on the local alternative station, I decided to download the album. This ended up being a major disappointment. Besides the single, there was nothing exciting or fresh to be excited about. To me is was just pop with a tinge of blues and soul, with no real originality being put into it. No suprise here it's been number 1 on iTunes for so long...
  8. Mar 27, 2012
    With all the praise surrounding this piece, it falls suprisingly flat for me. Even after a few listens, I have trouble distinguishing between songs. All of the tracs deal with the same subjects : Heartbreak, Love, Betrayal. I can appreciate the depth of emotion in this record, however, to describe it in one word...it's boring. That's it.
  9. May 30, 2011
    an album full of soul that doesn't rely on hype to be successful. Adele has shown everyone that all you actually need is a voice and a good song filled with emotion and class. one of the best albums of the year and the best voice right now and i'm so glad she received this amount of success.
  10. Jul 5, 2011
    I'll sum up my review with the word "heartbreak", for various reasons. When one decides to give "21" a listen, they'll find that most of the songs evolve around the theme of heartbreak. The lyrics are dep, insightful, and poetic, without ever lapsing into pretension. Adele's voice (already known for it's flawlessness) is in top form here, as she moves from soft emotion to belted power withI'll sum up my review with the word "heartbreak", for various reasons. When one decides to give "21" a listen, they'll find that most of the songs evolve around the theme of heartbreak. The lyrics are dep, insightful, and poetic, without ever lapsing into pretension. Adele's voice (already known for it's flawlessness) is in top form here, as she moves from soft emotion to belted power with perfection. She sings with soul and blues that come from a past age while remaining entirely relevant. The result is heartbreaking for the listener, as that pitch-perfect voice helps dig out emotions that you may not usually feel. Finally, the album's major flaw also deals with heartbreak: there's too much of it. While the album is brilliant, it does become repetitive, with almost every song being a depressed, emotional cry for love. However, this is a minor flaw that can be overlooked. "21" is brilliant. Expand
  11. Feb 24, 2011
    OK first off.. Amy and Duffy?? wth are you smoking..
    This woman is in a class of her own and a truly rare talent.
    I preordered her latest release and im blown away...It will leave you captivated and wanting more.
  12. Apr 28, 2011
    The thing about pop music is that it has roots in any genre, and of course, some might appeal for marketing, leaving it all too over-flooded by scheme productions, and some might leave their influential essences on it. In that case, Adele fits perfectly as some bluesy and soul influenced who got a way to make it sound radio friendly and melodically fitting for popular taste. That's whatThe thing about pop music is that it has roots in any genre, and of course, some might appeal for marketing, leaving it all too over-flooded by scheme productions, and some might leave their influential essences on it. In that case, Adele fits perfectly as some bluesy and soul influenced who got a way to make it sound radio friendly and melodically fitting for popular taste. That's what pop's all about, to captivate people with its own, though, commercial style. Well, â Expand
  13. Mar 23, 2011
    Compared to 19, this albumâ
  14. Feb 3, 2012
    Adele is such a good artist. Beautiful voice and music and she's the 2nd best singer (The Weeknd is the first). I bought this album for my mom and she loved it i checked it out it was one of the best albums of 2011
  15. Aug 8, 2011
    Crap. Chicks voice is cracking all over the place. Not a good singer. Don't waste your time, it's not worth it. Totally overrated, not seeing the fuss whatsoever
  16. Dec 20, 2011
    With all of the buzz surrounding this I thought I had to check it out. After hearing a few songs I realized that I had already heard them on the radio or something and that I liked them. Then I listened to the rest, and decided that its not bad, but that its not something I am going to listen to on my own time either. But then I stumbled across the metacritic's critic top ten picks forWith all of the buzz surrounding this I thought I had to check it out. After hearing a few songs I realized that I had already heard them on the radio or something and that I liked them. Then I listened to the rest, and decided that its not bad, but that its not something I am going to listen to on my own time either. But then I stumbled across the metacritic's critic top ten picks for music in 2011, and was flabbergasted. I mean this, really? Come on it is not that good, not good enough for that many critics to pick it number 1. Then I found myself wanting to give this album a really low score just cus critics are for some reason picking this over the black keys' new album el camino(my favorite album right now). But I stopped myself, it bugs me when other people do it, so i wont either. However, next time I hear an Adele song on the radio, I think I am just going to change to another station. Expand
  17. Oct 28, 2011
    I want to say that I love Adele! But the album sounds all the same, Set fire to the rain, Someone like you and Don't you remember are beautiful songs, but the rest is all the same and I want to add that rolling in the deep is a terrible song. BORN THIS WAY IS SO BETTER! IS THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE! so maybe all the people is buying the album but I will not do that because it don't worth theI want to say that I love Adele! But the album sounds all the same, Set fire to the rain, Someone like you and Don't you remember are beautiful songs, but the rest is all the same and I want to add that rolling in the deep is a terrible song. BORN THIS WAY IS SO BETTER! IS THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE! so maybe all the people is buying the album but I will not do that because it don't worth the money! XO! Expand
  18. Jun 29, 2011
    This is a very boring album! it has 4 good songs! And when i hear the album i might fall asleep. It is not radio material, but the grammy voters eat albums like this up! In my opinion Born this way deserves album of the year but 21 is a good choice as well !
  19. Sep 4, 2011
    2 good songs! Someone Like You and Set Fire To The Rain. Nothing else is good! Rolling in the deep is kinda good. Besides that nothing!!!! Hope she makes a better 3rd album!
  20. Nov 14, 2011
    The albums sound a tad bit repeatitive, but listen to the lyrics and the vocal perfomance and you help to appreciate the album, my standout tracks are Someone Like You, Rolling IN The Deep, Rumor Has It, Turning Table, and the impressive vocal performance of Dont You Remember.
  21. Feb 28, 2011
    Adele's voice works great throughout the album, saving a couple of the songs which are aren't worthy of her pipes. All in all though, a much needed better return from her first album "19" - which I thought was sappy.
  22. Jul 23, 2011
    Quite a bit more uneven than her first album, but there's some standouts here for me: "Rolling in the Deep" "Turning Tables" "Someone Like You". What always stands out, even on the less memorable pieces, is Adele's stunning voice: she is one of the most vocally talented musicians out there today.
  23. Jun 19, 2011
    A great change from what we usually see in the charts. "Rolling In the Deep" was a great choice as a first single, as it made me get the album as soon as I could. Love it.
  24. Apr 9, 2011
    Just after listening to it once, I became addicted to the album. Definitely one of my all-time favourites. Songs like 'Rolling in the Deep', 'Someone Like You' and 'Set Fire to the Rain' are main highlights of this album.
  25. Oct 25, 2011
    I think Adele is a great vocalist, that will affect and inspire many from now and on! And I can see it in the album!!!Such songs as Rolling in the deep, Someone like you, Turning Tables, Don't you remember and One and only are surely worth to be listed as highlights on the album as they bring such an emotion that you couldn't expect from a 22 year-old woman!The rest is nice but not perfect!
  26. Mar 1, 2011
    This album is amazing! She has completely grew up and i am proud of her. The songs "Someone Like You" and "Turning Tabels" for example, shows how talent she is. To me, this album is 10 out of 10.
  27. Mar 13, 2011
    Adele has a talent that people wish they had. You can't help but fall in love with this album after you listen to it once. Adele is a true artist and you will not be disappointed purchasing 21.
  28. May 28, 2011
    You will worship this album... in fact, you already are but you don't know. Like a critic said, after listening a few times to the album, you'll feel like you always knew them. This is quite true. If you loved 19, 21 will make you forget it quite fast.
  29. May 25, 2011
    I loved the un-pretentiousness and softness of the album. Love it! Adele has a unique voice, but in a few songs she reminds me on P!nk - and that's not a bad thing!
  30. May 2, 2012
    Very bad album. Adele has a nice voice, but the lyrics and melody are suck. My mother make better lyrics than Adele and her producers...........................

1. Jun 14, 2011
    Hearing a voice that grows scratchy and threatens to break and has not been tampered with, has not been slicked over in a studio, a voice that reveals all that can be found within a person and also seems to hold something back, to suggest another truth just behind the veil.
  2. Apr 20, 2011
    The Brit School girl undergoes a successful soul-pop makeover. [Feb. 2011, p. 108]
    On her sophomore album, 21, Adele channels real emotion and blasts through sincere ballads and angry rockers with few missteps.