Babel - Mumford & Sons
6.6

Review this album

1. Sep 26, 2012
    I know dat fool da shrimp be loving this album........but imo they are very fake as a band and their lyrics are at an elementary school's intro to poetry class level. Many people becuase of when they both rose in popularity compare these guys to The Avett Brothers. That to me is a joke. Avetts are better in about every way but lets just start with more complex lyrics with true meaningI know dat fool da shrimp be loving this album........but imo they are very fake as a band and their lyrics are at an elementary school's intro to poetry class level. Many people becuase of when they both rose in popularity compare these guys to The Avett Brothers. That to me is a joke. Avetts are better in about every way but lets just start with more complex lyrics with true meaning and understanding. M&S are no different to Americana Folk music as Coldplay is to top 40. Both are fakes who are not near as original or talented as the zombie like media following both have would lead you to believe. Word. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    I will just quote musicOMH.com: "It truly is awful."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Feb 10, 2013
    I was trying not to give this album a 0 however, it has literally no redeeming values. Even if I were to like one of their songs, would I like it enough to hear the same song repeated for the length of an entire album? The answer is simply no. However, that would be potentially tolerable if the one song itself was acceptable yet it isn't. Each song is increasingly predictable withI was trying not to give this album a 0 however, it has literally no redeeming values. Even if I were to like one of their songs, would I like it enough to hear the same song repeated for the length of an entire album? The answer is simply no. However, that would be potentially tolerable if the one song itself was acceptable yet it isn't. Each song is increasingly predictable with repetitive banjo riffs and weak vocals. This is only compounded with lyrics that seem like they came out of a 14 year old who just finished reading his first Shakespeare play. Do yourself a favour. Listen to one of their songs (which will essentially be like listening to the entire album). Realize how terrible it is and then never speak of it again. Expand
  4. Mar 14, 2014
    Repetitive. When I heard the title track, I was excited. It kept me juiced for three minutes, and it became horridly boring. It becomes unbearable to listen to after I Will Wait, and extremely forgettable while it's at it. Though the album has good songs, as a whole it was unsatisfying.
  5. Oct 10, 2012
    Didn't they just release this same album three years ago? Do you have anything new to say Mr. Mumford? It sure doesn't sound like it. Even then, it was mediocre at best, now it's just laughable. This is not "hipster." This is drivel. One point for effort.
  6. Feb 20, 2013
    Mumford Sons. Sons of b*tches. C'mon, expected at least something better from them. So sad. Can't believed they won the Grammy over Frank Ocean. I call it, wasted effort.
  7. Feb 1, 2013
    Almost the same instrumental performance in every song makes the album sound like one song's different versions. So totally no need to listen to the whole album but the only brilliant track "I will wait".Actually, there isn't a song that is awful, but except "I will wait", not even a song that is memorable.

1. Oct 17, 2012
    Babel is the more subtle and accomplished album. [No. 92, p.56]
  2. Oct 10, 2012
    For those who never liked That Guy Who Plays Acoustic Guitar At The Party, Babel's gonna sound like the dentist's drill. For others, this still may be the point at which you put down your makeshift tambourine, get up from the half-circle and find a better room in the party house.
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    It's certainly not a departure from the band's debut, but rather a continuation.