Back To Basics - Christina Aguilera
8.8

Review this album

1. Jun 13, 2011
    Whoa. This is pop perfection! "Hurt" is an unforgettable ballad, "Candyman" is a jazzy '40s-style swing tune, and "Ain't No Other Man" channels '60s funk. There are many more great, classy songs as well. Christina has had one of the best voices of any Hollywood diva since she started singing. She deserves praise for bringing old-fashioned vocal pop in the style of '20s, '30s, and '40s songs to mainstream pop music. Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    I Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this album
  3. Mar 22, 2012
    Without doubt the best Christina Aguilera, and also one of the riskiest album of the 21st century. What artist in the full year 2006 would have the courage to release an album of Blues and Soul? No one. But Christina did, got the deserved success, and as always, the quality put into it and feeling the tracks. Highlight tracks Hurt Oh Mother, Is not No Other Man, Slow Down Baby, Candyman, Save Me From Myself and Mercy On Me. Expand
  4. Aug 9, 2012
    Christina Aguilera's best album so far. One of the best album of 2006. Ain't No Other Man, Hurt, Candyman, Welcome and Mercy on Me are just amazing !!!
  5. Aug 18, 2012
    Amazing Album, greatest songs and a really wonderful voice, she's a very wonderful artist. Definitely her best album so far. I don't understand the bad critics.
  6. Nov 9, 2012
    Beautifully written and produced. The masterpiece of one of the best singers of all time. Christina pours her heart in the lyrics and her geniality in the evoking of the basic sound.
  7. Jul 17, 2013
    Christina takes us "Back In The Day" in her oldschool R&B oriented, fully grown up, amazing, breathtaking, best album in her career. First disc mainly contains of joyfull, full of life songs like "Makes Me Wanna Prey", "Ain't No Other Man", "Back In The Day", "Slow Down Baby" and "Still Dirrty" and light but not shallow ballads like "Oh Mother" and "Without You" with every one of them sampling one of Xtina's favouite songs. Second disc partially foreshadows what will happen in 2010 on "Burlesque" soundtrack. Even if "Enter The Circus" is a mess the rest of the CD is flawless. It conatins both sexy songs like "Candyman", "Nasty Naughty Boy" and "I Got Trouble" vulnerable, beauiful ballads like "Welcome", "Save Me From Myself", "The Right Man" and finally Christina's best song ever done "Hurt.

8. Aug 24, 2013
    This remains to be one of the best pop albums of the 2000's, she just gives her soul and powerful voice to this journey from the music of the 20's and 30's with a modern touch. While the first CD has a set of club songs the second one has the collaboration of Linda Perry and one of the most powerful and rawest songs ever "Hurt", I highly recommend you to buy this CD, for the fans she won't disappoint you, there's a song written for you called Thank you, the artwork is pretty nice. I wish I had this album on vinyl, Expand
  9. Oct 4, 2013
    Now, that's is what they call music. It's an amazing pop album flavored with 40's, 50's, 60's Jazz and Blues materials. The lyrics are amazing same th the beats and the vocal performance. A true masterpiece.
  10. Dec 4, 2013
    This is the album that Beyoncé always wanted to do, sophisticated, well crafted and extremely tasteful, Back to Basics itself as a masterpiece of Christina Aguilera.
  11. Sep 26, 2014
    "Back to Basics" is the best album that Christina Aguilera did, that's all!

I would like to say how this one is amazing, but I cannot explain how I felt when I bought it. All the songs sound biggest and powerful with her beautiful voice. And the lyrics are so awesome! Lots of love for it!!! ♥
  12. May 8, 2011
    Her best album yet, Back to Bascis souds pretty good, ver voice is amazing, she is an excelent performer, give us another album with the same or better quality that Back to Basics Xtina. :D
  13. Aug 4, 2014
    It's so good because of three main things:
    Christina's immaculate voice and how she screams powerfully even in mellow parts of songs.
    The production, of course.
    The homages, and the skit-like World War II lyrics and intros. It's a comedic work of art.
    It's a bummer because:
    It's divided to two discs when one could had made do.
  14. Jul 12, 2012
    In this album she captures the essence of the 'soul' and is the definitive proof that she is the heir of the old divas of soul music. Highlights for 'Ain't No Other Man', 'Without You' and 'Slow Down Baby' the first album and 'Welcome', 'Candyman' and 'Hurt' on the second cd.
  15. Dec 10, 2013
    great album, incredible voice and amazing ballads. xtina knows how to make a really good music, she can be everything: pop singer, hip hop singer, jazz singer, soul singer...... this album can show us that she doesn't care about what's playing on the radio
  16. Sep 13, 2011
    This is her worst album to date. I'm a fan, but this doesn't reflect her style, and it's also too old-sounding. Her vocals are great though, but the songs get boring.

1. Beyond the retro instrumentation, however, it's unclear what Aguilera has really learned from her idols.
  2. Aguilera doesn't have the gravitas of her heroes, and her forays into bluesy torch singing and '40s-style swing are stiff and mannered. But she needn't genuflect before the past -- she can make her own glorious kind of 21st-century noise.
  3. This rather bloated record should be regarded as a disappointment - an interesting one, but a disappointment none the less.