Beyoncé - Beyonce
8.4

Review this album

1. May 11, 2014
    Out of the few female R&B artists of note, Beyonce is the best going round & this album stamps her authority.
    Standout Tracks: Drunk in Love, Partition, Blue, Heaven, Superpower.
  2. Jan 9, 2014
    I just love it. This is the Beyonce that I like, it is such a good album, love the R&B mixed with Pop and Hip-Hop, it's incredible. Beyonce knew how to make this albums, it has a good variety and the lyrics shows the amazing artist that Beyonce is, a lot of songs that are excellent like "Pretty Hurts", "Partition", "Drunk in Love", "XO", and others; I like the message that she wants to shows with the album, it's really good music. Expand
  3. Jan 1, 2014
    Beyonce shocked us all when she released her self-titled album without any sort of promotion or any indication she was working on her new record. This album is less commercial than her previous efforts but channels more soul and depth than a lot of her pop/r&b contemporaries.
  4. Aug 25, 2014
    Beyoncé (album) states that not only Beyoncé (singer) can surely master the art of audiovisual creativity, but can unite power, consistency and, of course, a beautifully placed voice in one single piece of heaven. With songs that go from a desperate perfection-addiction to an acute case of nymphomania, there's no need to doubt why she is called Queen B. She's earned the crown anyway, hands down.
  5. Feb 1, 2014
    all songs are the same. This album has no vision. is boring, tedious and not at all innovative. people like it because it's beyonce, if he had published another artist, no one would like.
  6. Jun 23, 2014
    Bee's historical album!
    and it's amazing that she tried colorful music and MV.
    especially I love "Ghost", "XO", "Mine", "Haunted", "Yonce" and so on...
    absolutely her revolutionary album!!!
  7. Jan 5, 2014
    This album is everything! From her soul raising voice to her "Whitney" esque pop voice, She is arugably the most talented artist alive. She has the abilities to not only sillhouette Michael Jackson but bring back the presence of Michael and Tina and Whitney, all in one Power Phoenomenon. True Superstar! True Legend!
  8. Jan 5, 2014
    as a surprise album with no promotion it could've gone either two ways, which it ironically did, as breaking records in America and barely reaching the same chart position as her lowest charting album in the UK. However this is a valiant effort for someone hailed the queen when really people have had better success than her. the uptempo (blow, drunk in love, xo, partition) are great but the down tempo songs leave me wanting something more to happen, and sometimes it feels like two songs have been stuck together with the awkward pauses, nevertheless a valiant effort, but maybe pushing the boundaries too far, i doubt the singles will chart high without promotion and videos already out there Expand
  9. Jan 9, 2014
    This album really has all the great things of Beyoncé in it. Creativity, maturity and honesty are the keywords of this album. This album includes strong pop ballads as Pretty Hurts, urban/hiphop songs such as ***Flawless and strong R&B midtempoes as Partition, Haunted and Drunk In Love. XO as the lead single is a really smart choice, because it's kind of an anthem. It's a very great love song. Beyoncé really shows her voice and talent in this album and she knows how to keep on being the best one in the game. Expand
  10. Jan 9, 2014
    Beyonce at her core has proven to be a student of music, particularly of the R and B genre, but with each album she has experimented with other flavors. This album amazingly brings so many sounds together while still sounding like one. Clearly Beyonce's best album by far, and arguably the best mainstream album in the last decade. Impeccable production, unique song structures, mind blowing vocals, boundary pushing content, everything you want and more from a cultural blockbuster. Expand
  11. Jul 17, 2014
    OMG, this album sucks, is the same freaking kind of R&B, nothing change about influences or beats, it's all the same. Is so easy make money like this.
  12. Jan 12, 2014
    Beyoncé pegou a todos de surpresa e isso só prova mais ainda que ela é maravilhosa em tudo que faz.Creio que esse álbum visual mudou os conceitos da música,ela surpreende a cada uma delas.Os videos deram ainda mais enfase,o que ficou melhor ainda de entender as músicas.O mundo da música já pode considerar uma nova rainha:Beyoncé!!!
  13. Feb 22, 2014
    though the visual side to the album offers some background to each song, the album alone, without the videos is touching and enjoyable enough. There is an awful lot of language in there that might perhaps need some over-looking but otherwise Beyonce seems to have messages to deliver in her songs and they make the songs feel more vital and enjoyable. Beyonce has redefined her music, and she has created without doubt the greatest album of her entire career in the music business. Expand
  14. Jan 19, 2014
    I think this is Beyonce best work to date! The level of musicality, topics she discusses and vocal maturity really shows us why she is one of the best in the music industry.
  15. Jan 31, 2014
    I was told to listen to it because ITS SOOO GOOOD apparently, no beyonce album has bored me like this one, overrated crap imo. Everyone has become complacent towards her and its obvious
  16. May 23, 2014
    6 months after the release, I am still charmed by it.
    experimental sounds are mesmerizing!
    this record is the least commercial of her, ba a large margin and I lvoe it!
    well done bey!
  17. Feb 23, 2014
    A horrible album. I did not like any songs. The only decent song in this album was 'Drunk in Love', even then, it is average at best. Not a good album. This album fell below my expectations. Boo you, Beyonce.
  18. Feb 26, 2014
    Ótimo CD/DVD, nada se compara aos lançados em 2013!
    PERFEIÇÃO, é a palavra que define completamente esse álbum!
    Beyoncé é ótima em tudo que cria/lança!
  19. Mar 4, 2014
    Beyoncé's voice is good, it's indisputable... Bút I tried much to listen the full album. It's so hard to feel such tunes. I hope she will return to her before style "single ladies"
  20. Mar 4, 2014
    Welcome back " Queen B " Beyonce has really brought out honesty and boldness in this album, expressing her music in a very experimental way. You rock !!!
  21. Mar 15, 2014
    Her best yet. It is most certainly, most determined to be only about the music. It abandoned inspiring messages, marketing, and everything else to be able to make an album so perfectly woven together, it's simply a masterpiece. The crown jewel is Ghost, which uses such ambient and soft sounds, so quiet yet it speaks louder than any of her R&B songs. Good job, Queen Bee. Good job.
  22. Mar 15, 2014
    Beyonce, once again, changed the music industry. Her album tells a story, a story of a woman who is not afraid to show all sides of her. You can't decide weather you would listen to it or watch it. It's a combination of pure talent and hard work. She started a new era of music. There is a reason Beyonce is called a Queen, and her "visual album" proves why she is on top for the past 15 years and will remain to sit on HER throne. Expand
  23. May 30, 2014
    The album, while it was enjoyable, I didn't see it as the masterpiece everyone is making it out to be. The songs were catchy and unforgettable, but it wasn't different from any other Beyonce album that I've heard.
  24. Jun 3, 2014
    Great album! The videos, the songs, the surprise release ... I like the simplicity of the songs. Here Beyoncé sings about personal things like relationship between mother and child, death, sex (in a romantic way), relationship problems, etc..

Highlights: Jealous, Pretty Hurts, XO, Flawless and Blow.
  25. Jun 15, 2014
    Ich hätte von beyonce ein besseres Album erwartet statt dieser Mainstream Electro-RnB, und Pop album......vorallem verstehe ich nicht wieso sie jetzt so viel Sex in dem Album hat, und einfach einen Feministischen vorwand dafür benutzt, sie hat es nicht nötig ihren Körper so billig zu präsentieren, sie ist nicht Miley, Rihanna oder Lady Gaga. Beyonce hat so viel mehr talent als die drei zusammen....aber sie hat anscheinend gemerkt das sich ihre alben nicht mehr so gut verkaufen, aber dan gleich auf Sexsells zu setzten???.......auch wenn einige Lieder gut produziert sind, so enttäuscht sie mich mit ihrem Album, das ist leider das bisher schlechteste von ihren 5 alben Expand
  26. Jun 16, 2014
    Love álbum, Love so so so manch beyoncé arrasou pisou com força nazinimigax adireo o álbum perfeito lindo otimo realmente uma obra de arte maravilhoso parabéns beyoncé
  27. Jun 20, 2014
    Mais uma prova de que nem tudo que a crítica aclama,é bom.
    Talvez esse 85 no Metacritc sejam pelas vendas,que sim,foram altas,mas não compraram a qualidade desse album.
    Continuo achando que I Am...Sasha Fierce é seu único bom album.
  28. Jul 7, 2014
    In my personal opinion, this is Beyoncé's 2nd best album, to I Am...Sasha Fierce. However I believe the overall messages of the songs are more powerful and emotive. The opening track, 'Pretty Hurts', discusses the importance of self confidence, and how trying to be beautiful and fit in to society's standards of beauty is so dangerous and harmful to us. The songs 'XO' and 'Blue' are also personal, emotional ballads, to her husband and the latter to her daughter. In contrast, songs like '***Flawless', 'Partition' and 'Blow' still have powerful messages, yet use more upbeat dance production. An array of beats with the same recurring message. The only thing that stops it receiving a perfect 10 is the mashup of tracks like Yoncé & Partition or Ghost & Haunted. A process which I never found appealing. Still strongly recommend. Expand
  29. Jul 11, 2014
    I think this is the best album of Beyoncé. She can go from calm and lovely song even more powerful song, taking his impeccable voice without losing control of your tunes.
  30. Jul 22, 2014
    Melhor álbum de 2013, não foi o melhor dela, mas o álbum tem uma ótima qualidade e muito gostoso de se ouvir, BEYONCÉ salvou o ano de 2013 com essa surpresa, rainha negra é assim mesmo!!
  31. Aug 30, 2014
    O que esperar de uma artista com 17 Grammys e tantos marcos na carreira? Que ela se acomode. Mas Beyoncé faz o contrário, prova o seu valor cada vez mais e mostra que não tem a mínima pretensão de deixar os holofotes da indústria. Tem 1 Grammy pra cada ano de carreira e se depender desse álbum, terá mais um para cada próximo ano que virá.
  32. Aug 25, 2014
    She really surprising. Compositions, vocals, melodies ... Everything is amazing! I think "perfect" is correct for this artwork term. BEYONCE Undoubtedly the best album of 2013 and one of the best of recent times.
  33. Sep 10, 2014
    Gosto muito da Beyoncé,mas esse álbum não me agradou. O álbum foi um estouro na época,já que foi lançado de surpresa,então achei que seria um ótimo álbum,mas ele é apenas mediano. Existem músicas muito boas,como Pretty Hurts e XO,mas a maior parte do álbum não é boa. A Bey consegue ser melhor que isso.
  34. Sep 6, 2014
    O álbum BEYONCÉ foi uma surpresa para todos, quando foi lançado de surpresa no iTunes, e ele surpreendeu a muitos. Depois de ouvi-lo, formulei uma opinião própria: é um album mediano. Não que seja ruim. BEYONCÉ é um álbum com músicas lentas em sua maioria e também são muito compridas. Dangerously, I Am... Sasha Fierce e 4, em minha opinião, são bem melhores do que esse álbum.
  35. Sep 10, 2014
    Beyonce's new album Beyonce is just as bad as the rest of her manufactured corporate garbage. Beyonce does not write her own lyrics. Each of her songs are written by 2 to 7 different writers. She is listed as a co-writer even though she didn't do anything to give the song "credibility". This is the way it is with all pop artists. They are always credited as one of the writers even though they didn't anything. Beyonce's latest album is another prime example of label manufactured garbage. The record label executives made all the creative decisions. All Beyonce did was show up in the studio for 2 days to record songs written and composed for her by other people. That is all the effort she put in this album. I don't review albums based on the record label's contribution. I base my reviews on the artist's contribution. Beyonce didn't do anything. She is just as lazy as her sellout husband Jay Z. Jay Z and Beyonce represent everything wrong with today's music. People who enjoy this album have never heard music outside of billboard top 40 hits. There is a lot of good music out there but not on this album. Expand
  36. Sep 19, 2014
    Sem dúvida o melhor album de 2013. Bey surpreendeu a todos, com uma majestosa surpresa. "BEYONCE" mescla um pop/r&b, com pegadas hip-hop. Destaque para BOOTS, um dos melhores produtores desse album.

1. Feb 14, 2014
    At its dizzying zenith, Beyoncé is a loaded fusion of generosity and self-empowerment. or perhaps, more accurately, it finds self-empowerment in generosity.
  2. Feb 11, 2014
    It's this continued need to feed her multi-platinum beast that stops the album from being the post-modern wheeze it could have been. [Mar 2014, p.94]
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    Though there are a million details about BEYONCÉ to examine--from the release strategy to the visual aspect and more--the strongest ideas are still found solely in the music. She addresses topics like beauty, body image, miscarriages, jealousy, sexuality, marriage, motherhood and self-worth.