Blood - In This Moment
7.9

Review this album

1. Aug 20, 2013
    My first album was 'The Dream' which was quite melodic and softer in tone in comparison to Blood but a wonderful album from it's beautiful artwork to it's lyrics. True to an album you feel a central theme carries throughout the journey Maria Brink and band take you on.

I heard a few tracks of Star Crossed Wasteland after I enjoyed The Dream, which came as quite a shock initially due to
    the somewhat polar opposite, harder and heavier sound. I passed on that album (but am now rethinking). At this point in my mind I essentially crossed this band off, being just happy to find one good album which is not that easy these days (amazing how much average music gets published by the labels)

I heard a few tracks of Blood online and I was captivated!! The music has great energy, is much heavier sound than The Dream and probably closer to the bands core style. There are some fantastic rifts, beats and melodies produced with some fun and rather adult, erotic themed and inspired lyrics. Again the artwork and attention to detail of this album is brilliant and does being an album buyer and not simply digital music owner true justice.

I've lost count of how many albums in all I own now (must not be far off 100). Blood by In This Moment certainly is a Top 5 contender for me. Love it
  2. May 10, 2013
    Unfortunately this band had kinda flew under my radar until last Oct. (2012). A friend from work, my fiance and myself heard "Blood" the title track on a local metal station and had to find out more!!! We learned the name of the band, that they had recently released a new album, and to top all off were coming close to our home city!!! Got the new release, fell in love immediately!!!! She can wail!!!! Not since Otep have I heard a chic go off the way Maria Brink does, and at the same time is a very talented singer (in the traditional way I guess you would say). Their stage presence and energy are unmatched, along with the fact that despite their recent growth in popularity, still play somewhat small, modest and IN YOUR FACE venues!!!! We enjoyed seeing them for the first time at "The Masquerade" in Atlanta, GA. I had previously been there for raves and smaller shows. They just blew it out of the water, Maria is so sexy and tantalizing on stage and the warriors behind her just straight shred!!!! I have passed on the enjoyment to every person possible. I remember seeing "Staind" in 1999 opening up for Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock and beforehand saying Staind? Who the hell is Staind?? Well that story tells itself, needless to say. Anyway, just wanted to pass on my thoughts of this great band to whom ever will listen, and if you've never partaken, give them a chance?!?!? If that's your kind of music scene, you WILL NOT regret it. I certainly haven't and plan to see them every chance I get. To Metal an all to changing (and shrinking, at least for pure, good bands!!!) genre, we salute thee!!! For some of us it is what just simply relieves the stress of the day, and for some (myself included) it has changed and saved our lives!! And definitely prevented a few more shooting sprees!!!! Support your local fuzz!!!!! Expand
  3. Jul 12, 2014
    Don't let the album's generic title "Blood" trick you into thinking this is just another me too metal band. There's enough different going on with the sound to set it apart and Maria Brink makes for a great front-woman. Her deep screams/growls are powerful and she makes the more melodic parts and tracks truly beautiful sounding. This allows for the most interesting part of the band, the lyrics, to come to life.

The majority of the album is written with a darkly sexual and erotic feel. I would in no way call it explicit, but it allows for the band to effectively tackle a tone that few other bands could. That's not to say the whole album is like this. The song "Comanche," one of my personal favorites, is a rousing call to arms/this is war type song, while the track "You're Gonna Listen" is a get out of my face song that would even put quite a few Godsmack tracks to shame. The only real stumble the album hits are with it's brief interlude-esque tracks "It Is Written" and "Aries." I just failed to see any point in them. Also I thought "11:11" sent out the album on a somewhat humorous note, one that is obviously unintentional. Hearing Brink sing the words "Baby, Baby, Baby,..." brought me a few sad chuckles.

As a whole though this is one heck of a metal album that doesn't just stick to what every other band is doing in the genre. It's deep, dark, powerful, and just sounds great. So give "In This Moment" a chance. They're one of the most interesting metal bands currently out there and I can't wait for what they do next. I give "Blood" a near-perfect score of 9.9/10.
  4. Oct 6, 2014
    this album is perfection. it has the best of the band's songs on it it is well executed. and Maria Brink really was brilliant. everything about this album is so unique and different that's why In This Moment delivered.

1. Sep 4, 2012
    It lacks a little cohesion and substance beneath all of the surface clatter. [18 Aug 2012, p.53]
    It's bubbling with the trite sounds of heavy metal c. 2002.
    In This Moment are up to some weird, wild, wonderful stuff.