Born This Way

7.8

Review this album

1. Dec 7, 2016
    It is and will remain one of the best and most important pop records of the decade. Apart from the odd head scratcher ('Highway Unicorn', 'The Queen', and the title track), every track is incredible in it's own way. This is pop's answer to hard-rock - taking pop and pushing it to it's ultimate limits. It didn't only confirm Lady Gaga's talent, it enhanced it.
  2. Nov 21, 2016
    when it's good, it's incredible. when it's bad, it's terrible. a really polarizing, too-drawn-out album with a few fantastic tracks.

the best: marry the night, you and i, the edge of glory, hair
  3. Nov 4, 2016
    Although I am a fan of Lady Gaga, but I want to vote honestly. I love this album, it is here that I discovered this singer and I think that it is great. But with this I do not completely agree. Evaluation of 10 can only get a great album. And in the great album should be 80% of the great songs. It was only 20% and it Born This Way, Marry The Night, The Edge Of Glory.
  4. Oct 27, 2016
    Born this Way is incredible! Not a single dull track on the cd. A bit different from her earlier all-dance tracks, but still, very upbeat, with many more dance tracks. There is more depth to these tunes, but they are all still very catchy. I purchased the album the day it was released. Other than the singles that have been released off this album, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, andBorn this Way is incredible! Not a single dull track on the cd. A bit different from her earlier all-dance tracks, but still, very upbeat, with many more dance tracks. There is more depth to these tunes, but they are all still very catchy. I purchased the album the day it was released. Other than the singles that have been released off this album, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, and Electric Chapel are my favorite tracks. Amazing stuff! Expand
  5. Oct 24, 2016
    A wonderful album! A wonderful artist! Every album released, his talent and his legacy growing and most respected. This only tends to grow. Each person chooses his own Queen, Lady Gaga for me is the true queen of pop.
  6. Oct 24, 2016
    This is Lady Gaga's best album and only gets better with time. She came up with a new and fantastic concept and is still discussed and relevant to this day. Truly an album that proved she's staying here FOREVER.
  7. Oct 22, 2016
    15. The Queen 5/5
    16. Yoü And I 4/5
    17. The Edge Of Glory 5/5
  8. Oct 21, 2016
    The best album of the decade and maybe of our millennium. Here we have what music is truly about; Rock, Pop, Country, etc, meeting each others in the best possible way. Gaga shows by those records how unlimited are her skills, and through a powerful voice and meaningful and personal lyrics we can clearly hear that. GOD SAVE THE GAGA! x2
  9. Oct 20, 2016
    Born This Way was way ahead of its time. She released this at the peak of her career, which was as bold a move as it was genius. Standout tracks include Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Judas, Bloody Mary, Black Jesus + Amen Fashion, Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, The Queen, You And I, and The Edge of Glory.
  10. Oct 19, 2016
    Simplesmente perfeito. Lady Gaga vem com músicas de amor próprio e aceitação. A melodia é incrível as letras superam as expectativas. Destaque para Marry The Night, The Edge Of Glory, Born This Way e Yoü And I. Um dos melhores álbuns que já ouvi em toda minha vida.
  11. Oct 19, 2016
    I mean this when I say this.... Born This Way is THE BEST pop album EVER released. Born This Way pushed limits, exceeded expectations, redefined pop, and also gave a voice those who didn't feel like they had a voice. This self-empowerment album is absolutely EVERYTHING. Born This Way, the title track, SHATTERED so many records, and for obvious reasons.... the song is absolutely stunning.I mean this when I say this.... Born This Way is THE BEST pop album EVER released. Born This Way pushed limits, exceeded expectations, redefined pop, and also gave a voice those who didn't feel like they had a voice. This self-empowerment album is absolutely EVERYTHING. Born This Way, the title track, SHATTERED so many records, and for obvious reasons.... the song is absolutely stunning. Other tracks worth noting include Judas, The Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, Heavy Metal Lover (a fan favorite), Bloody Mary, and Hair. This album is so amazing I could cry. No wonder it sold over 8 MILLION copies worldwide. Thank you Gaga for blessing us with this masterpiece, we will never get another album this good in our lifetimes. Expand
  12. Oct 17, 2016
    Only Judas makes the score from the album goes down to 0. Stupid song that looks just exactly like Bad Romance, with poor lyrics and unnecessary polemic. She tried hard to do like Madonna, but she only proved to everyone the joke she really is.

Born This Way, the lead single, is just another fail. It's annoying and copied by Express Yourself from Madonna. The other songs don't help.

The other songs don't help. All them try hard to be meaningful and to have a strong concept, but the lyrics are so stupid that you only can remember immature teenagers who think they are the biggest rebels on the planet.

It deserves 1 because of Heavy Metal Lover and Bloody Mary, the rest of the album is toxic garbage.
  13. Sep 22, 2016
    Gaga in full form. Her most well known record to date. In my eyes it's a very important record in the eyes of pop music. While not succeeding The Fame Monster in terms of quality and how big the sound is, it still stands as a close to perfect pop record as anything released in the past 10 years that ISN'T Gaga.
    SONG I LIKE: 16 (favs: Electric Chapel, You and I, Marry the Night, Edge of
    SONG I LIKE: 16 (favs: Electric Chapel, You and I, Marry the Night, Edge of Glory, Hair, Bloody Mary, Fashion of His Love)
    SONG I DISLIKE: 0
    SONGS IDK ABOUT: 1 (Americano)
  14. Aug 31, 2016
  15. Aug 26, 2016
    Oh my god, still the best album in the world. I'm still listening to that album, it still inspires me. She has always been a great activist but Born This Way inspired a lot of people, showed people that being different was beautiful. That's why i like Gaga and Born This Way, the way she affects people. I think this is gonna be my fave forever and ever.
  16. Aug 10, 2016
    This is one of the best albums I've ever heard!!!
    This is one of the best albums I've ever heard!!!
    Gaga connected a lot of kinds of music wisely and it became very great. Every lyrics has a message for your life. Gaga is a good song-writer and composer. Her voice is great to the music that she creates and it looks like she really loves it. Listening to this album we learn how to accept yourself , open your mind and live with emotions through our lives. Even though every song is different the record really can be called "masterpiece". Also it's timeless and powerful.
    I hope it will never be boring!!!!!!!!
  17. May 26, 2016
    Lady Gaga has impressed me with every single album. My favorite song on Born This Way would be Marry The Night which showcases Gaga's vocals with beautiful and inspirational lyrics. Other highlights include Heavy Metal Lover and The Edge Of Glory. This is my favorite album from Gaga so far and I love almost every song
  18. May 25, 2016
    Not going to lie, this album is Gaga's best album to date. The title track is one of the most empowering and one of the best songs of this generation and in my opinion it will become the 'Like a Virgin' of our generation however the message is very different. All the singles from this album DESERVED to be singles and so Gaga did justice to the singles and to the album as a whole. VeryNot going to lie, this album is Gaga's best album to date. The title track is one of the most empowering and one of the best songs of this generation and in my opinion it will become the 'Like a Virgin' of our generation however the message is very different. All the singles from this album DESERVED to be singles and so Gaga did justice to the singles and to the album as a whole. Very proud of this album and will definitely be one of my favorites of all time. Although Gaga did disappoint us with ARTPOP considering it one of her worst album despite all the hype around it!! Expand
  19. May 8, 2016
    This is really brave step for Lady Gaga, this album is really experimental. This album is quite dark with few masterpieces in it. Sadly that the best songs in this album is underrated. Many songs just feels that doesn't fit on this album like you and i, fashion of his love and americano these songs just seems to bright for this album.
  20. May 7, 2016
    Best album of Lady Gaga. Every tack is wonderful. Rangin from LGBT based "Born In This Way" and "Americano" to soulful perfomance of "You and I" and "The Edge of Glory", this is what Lady Gaga is - an artist. Gaga's vocal delivery is worth praise. Ofcourse the "Madonna" factor is all over the album, especially "Born In This Way" - modern version of Madonna's hit "Express Yourself". ButBest album of Lady Gaga. Every tack is wonderful. Rangin from LGBT based "Born In This Way" and "Americano" to soulful perfomance of "You and I" and "The Edge of Glory", this is what Lady Gaga is - an artist. Gaga's vocal delivery is worth praise. Ofcourse the "Madonna" factor is all over the album, especially "Born In This Way" - modern version of Madonna's hit "Express Yourself". But Gaga still creates her own current. Also, the sentiment of the song "The Edge of Glory" is beautiful. There could'nt have been a better closing track. Moreover, This is how a Pop album should sound like. Expand
  21. May 6, 2016
    A great pop album, that sounds the opposite of what was expected of Gaga, but it would have worked better as a 10/12-songs album. Songs like Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn, or Fashion of his love, add nothing to the album, and participate in making the album sound repetitive. There are still some pop gems, like The Edge of Glory, or Government Hooker, some crazy songs that you could never haveA great pop album, that sounds the opposite of what was expected of Gaga, but it would have worked better as a 10/12-songs album. Songs like Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn, or Fashion of his love, add nothing to the album, and participate in making the album sound repetitive. There are still some pop gems, like The Edge of Glory, or Government Hooker, some crazy songs that you could never have dreamed of hearing, like Americano or Bloody Mary, and even songs you couldn't have known Gaga could make before you heard it, like Yoü and I, or Electric Chapel.
    There aren't any bad songs, but as a whole album, it's a bit repetitive, and doesn't work as well as The Fame Monster.
    Best songs: The Edge of Glory, Yoü and I, Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Americano.
  22. Apr 25, 2016
    A not-so-good effort to show Lady Gaga's diversity. I can't even understand some of the songs purposes, and it's main track - Born This Way - fails into be a convicent single.
  23. Feb 14, 2016
    Esse é o melhor álbum da década sem sombra de dúvidas. Uma mescla de vários gêneros músicas, Pop, Rock, EDM. Com letras muito superiores a qualquer álbum dos últimos 10 anos.
  24. IGa
    Jan 30, 2016
    Production aggressive, confused beats, lyrics that repeat along the tracks ... The few hymns found in "Born This Way" can to ensure the album a reasonable source of entertainment, but you can find similar tracks in best quality in discography classic pop artists.
  25. Jan 29, 2016
    This is an album that everybody should listen and be educated for that. The whole album is freakin' awesome and each song has a meaning and a purpose!
  26. Jan 6, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Born This Way é um bom álbum, mas não sei o porque desse endeusamento com ele. Com uma estrada longa (e, muitas vezes, cansativa) de 17 faixas, nem 10 conseguem ser realmente boas. Mas é uma boa pedida pra quem gosta de um pop com muitos sintetizadores.

Pontos Altos: Judas, Hair, Born This Way
    Pontos Baixos: Bad Kids, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover
  27. Dec 27, 2015
    Este álbum de Lady Gaga es muy especial tanto sus letras como sus melodías, de verdad este es el mejor álbum que escuchado de Gaga ya que todas las canciones de este álbum son muy buenas y no hay rellenos.
  28. Nov 21, 2015
    Writing a review 4 years later. If there's one thing at least everyone can agree on regarding this album, it is that for a pop album, it sounds NOTHING like any other pop album, both in 2011, before that and up till now. Lady Gaga is simply one hell of a songwriter and artiste. This album made such a grand statement in it's artistry I can confidently say it is her best work. First time IWriting a review 4 years later. If there's one thing at least everyone can agree on regarding this album, it is that for a pop album, it sounds NOTHING like any other pop album, both in 2011, before that and up till now. Lady Gaga is simply one hell of a songwriter and artiste. This album made such a grand statement in it's artistry I can confidently say it is her best work. First time I heard it, I heard lots of fillers. however, over time, i came to see what gaga was envisioning when writing these songs and arranging this album. 9/10 without a doubt (Previously 7/10) Expand
  29. Nov 4, 2015
    Album of the decade, right? This album and so great that in my design and one of the biggest and best albums of the decade. The album is encouraging and has a lot of bravery and consequently a lot of criticism of religion. This makes it is large, it means that taca the nail on the head of thousands of religious, encourages young people to take risks and find himself. Talk about love,Album of the decade, right? This album and so great that in my design and one of the biggest and best albums of the decade. The album is encouraging and has a lot of bravery and consequently a lot of criticism of religion. This makes it is large, it means that taca the nail on the head of thousands of religious, encourages young people to take risks and find himself. Talk about love, acceptance to seem cliché, but for this album which is far from being an ordinary album. Very personal and at the same time it goes to people feeling that millions of people go every day for, days, months, years, decades. The sound and lyrics are of an exceptional quality music with elements of the band Queen and saxophones make this more masjestoso album. This album came world almost called "classic was born." Album with various influences, the best possible, that opens the album for example is a hymn of the 90 decade in the 2000s, has music inspired by the euro pop, has electric guitar whole chills you, you punk, has religious symbolism, speaks of Latino immigrants in the US. There is no right word to name this album. Born This Way is the album of the decade when referring to Pop / Punk / Rock / Art / Feelings. Expand
  30. Oct 23, 2015
    11/10 to be honest. She called it the album of the decade and it truly has become that. Right up there with 1989 and 21, this album will be looked at as Gaga's first major artistic evolution.
  31. Sep 1, 2015
    An amazing whirlwind of an album that's hinted with 80's dancepop and rock cheese with a true and deep connection hidden below the surface. It will take you to church, take your virginity and get you drunk all at the same time. Such an amazing album by the Queen, Lady Gaga.
  32. Jun 10, 2015
    magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent
  33. Apr 12, 2015
    Four years have passed and this album remains solid. The best of Lady Gaga is found here. The perfect mix between Lady Gaga who writes pop hits of The Fame Monster and The Fame (with lyrics not necessarily interesting ~~eh eh eh eh eh stop telephonin ' meeee~~ ) and the Lady (Stefani) more introspective along with great vocals and her influences. Go from Michael Jackson to Madonna withoutFour years have passed and this album remains solid. The best of Lady Gaga is found here. The perfect mix between Lady Gaga who writes pop hits of The Fame Monster and The Fame (with lyrics not necessarily interesting ~~eh eh eh eh eh stop telephonin ' meeee~~ ) and the Lady (Stefani) more introspective along with great vocals and her influences. Go from Michael Jackson to Madonna without lose credibility, from Queen to Bruce Spreengsteen without lose her pop touch. In addition of course to send a strong message of her visions to the fans.
    Born This Way is without a doubt one of the best pop albums delivered in years, a summary of what Lady Gaga means to pop culture, to the fans and to herself. Gaga congratulations, you got it.
  34. Apr 3, 2015
    This album really lies between The Fame and The Fame Monster. It's a good album with a positive message and great production. The only concern I have about Born This Way is that the music gets repetitive after a while. This album earns a B from me. Highlights: "Born This Way", "The Edge of Glory", "Government Hooker". Worst song: "You and I"
  35. Mar 28, 2015
    This creation evokes specific time periods. The production was all intentional, but it didn't sound like what any other pop star was doing, or has done. The vocals, if you analyze them more closely, are also produced in a very intentional way (in part to evoke, again, a certain time period, and in part to be louder, more harsh, and more direct), The production is just fine and techniquesThis creation evokes specific time periods. The production was all intentional, but it didn't sound like what any other pop star was doing, or has done. The vocals, if you analyze them more closely, are also produced in a very intentional way (in part to evoke, again, a certain time period, and in part to be louder, more harsh, and more direct), The production is just fine and techniques and sounds have not substantially changed since its creation. It is unique in its soundscape and it is a necessary step in her musical progression. with Rock and hilarious ballads moments this Pop album it's another dark record that founds itself attached to the very best 80's inspired-production. Expand
  36. Mar 16, 2015
    Track by track review:
    1. Marry the Night 9/10
    2. Born This Way 2/10 3. Government Hooker 10/10 4. Judas 10/10 5. Americano 0.5/10 6. Hair 0.5/10 7. Scheiße 9/10 8. Bloody Mary 9/10 9. Bad Kids 9/10 10. Highway Unicorn 1.5/10 11. Heavy Metal Lover 7.5/10 12. Electric Chapel 8.5/10 13. You and I 9/10 14. The Edge of Glory 0.5/10 Highlights: Judas, Government Hooker.
    Track by track review:
    11. Heavy Metal Lover 7.5/10
    12. Electric Chapel 8.5/10
    13. You and I 9/10
    14. The Edge of Glory 0.5/10

Highlights: Judas, Government Hooker.
    Potential singles: Hair, Judas, Government Hooker, Born this Way, Bad Kids.
  37. Feb 25, 2015
    Gaga is an easy target for haters. She is an outspoken woman who sticks up for a community whom many in this country would deem worthy of nothing. She has no problem telling you that she is a talented musician and that she makes good music, so she can come across as full of herself. And yes, she does take much influence from pop icons of the past, especially Madonna. All of these factorsGaga is an easy target for haters. She is an outspoken woman who sticks up for a community whom many in this country would deem worthy of nothing. She has no problem telling you that she is a talented musician and that she makes good music, so she can come across as full of herself. And yes, she does take much influence from pop icons of the past, especially Madonna. All of these factors cause many to just dismiss her all together, and the hype that the media and Gaga herself have generated leading up to the release of "Born This Way" may have actually caused a backlash against her more than anything else. So why I am discussing all of these things instead of the music itself? Mainly to point out all of the things that have come in the way of the music itself, which, in the case of "Born This Way," is almost uniformly fabulous. Gaga took several decades of popular music, filtered it through her unique point of view, and made her magnum opus. I believe it is the exact album she wanted to make, and that type of artistic integrity is hard to find in pop music today. "Marry the Night" gets the album off to a rocking, rousing start, building up to its climatic ending which is pure dance-pop nirvana. "Born This Way," the hit first single, does indeed take major influence from Madonna's recordings of the late 80s/early 90s. Its like she took "Express Yourself" and "Vogue," compressed them, and then shot them out of a laser gun. Its a thrilling sound with beautiful lyrics, totally deserving of its six-week reign on top of the U.S. charts. "Judas" takes large influence from both "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance," and while I don't personally think its up to the level of those two hits, its still very memorable with its biblically-based lyrics. "Hair" is one of my personal favorites; its a beautiful, heart-wrenching dance-rock ballad, kissed with a saxophone, for anyone and everyone who feels less than "normal." "The Edge of Glory" sounds in a similar vein, cranking up everything to a euphoric explosion. Its pure cheese, but its very tasty. Expand
  38. Feb 1, 2015
    This album is her's masterpiece. Her magnum opus. Born this way has lyrics extremely well wrote and lady gaga's vocals just makes everything even better. instrumentals are great and mixed with the vocals perfectly. Lady gaga just stayed it
  39. Jan 21, 2015
    This album is simply for everyone; From catchy hooks that are Judas, The Edge Of Glory, You and I & Born This Way, to rock/pop influences such as Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, or Bloody Mary. Overall a well structured album, a great production, and great vocals from Mother Monster. What else could we expect? Positively one of the best albums released between 2000-2011.
  40. Dec 17, 2014
    Durante la era Born This Way, Gaga re-invento los estándares de la música pop desde sus bases con melodías pegajosas, memorables y cantos llenos de energía.
  41. Dec 16, 2014
    The best of her album, all the songs are good, literally all, an album with quality and great vocals, the pop world needs more albums like this, so good I have no words to say about it.
    Highlights: Scheibe and Government Hooker
    Lows: Bloody Mary and Black Jesus Amen Fashion
  42. Oct 4, 2014
    ıst so bıt hc yen hsyeha jdjhsad kjashd asdba rıaj asdjh kad asdb asjruwe kahwje hjakerwjhea jawkehjasjhdasjdaskjdhlhlreau hjwehjwqeasdwhqjeawsdsanbdabn jhdsad
  43. Sep 30, 2014
    Incredibly, deeply-thought and catchy anthems for the bullied and abused age. Born This Way serves right for humanity, with genres spinning along like a gyroscope.
  44. Sep 26, 2014
    Certainly not an average pop album.
    It has soul, it has a meaning, a purpose,and damn, Gaga sings in each and every one of these songs. It might seem weird for people to actually take some time and pay attention to what a pop album has to say, but once you comprehend Born This Way and its message, you see how this is definitely a great mark on pop music.
  45. Sep 26, 2014
    prometeu álbum da geração e cumpriu, rainha do pop é assim mesmo amore. não esperava menos, tem mais qualidade que toda a carreira da doceira sem grammys
  46. Sep 25, 2014
    The power anthem. Definitely one of Gaga' best album. You guys should really check it out. It helped me alot in my troubled times. I hope the album will do the same to you too!
  47. GlM
    Sep 24, 2014
    Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße'Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße' are just as brilliant as chart toppers 'Judas', 'Yoü and I' and title track 'Born This Way'. Expand
  48. Sep 24, 2014
    In this album Gaga shows the world that she is not only a pop singer, she can sing rock and more, she shows that she is a complete artist, THE BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR
  49. Sep 24, 2014
    Back in 2011, this album was undoubtedly one of the best album of the year. It shines between all the other generic, mediocre albums. It was a fresh breath of air.
  50. Sep 23, 2014
    This will be the anthem of a generation. I just can't describe how perfect this album is, from the first lyric to the last beat. This makes Little Monsters proud.
  51. Sep 23, 2014
    Gaga is peeerrrrrrr-feeeect yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas gaga yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss you sound soooooo goooooooooooooooooooood!
  52. Sep 23, 2014
    A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night,A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Americano, Scheibe, Electric Chapel). Highly recommend for any pop/dance music fan Expand
  53. Sep 23, 2014
    this girl work so hard ... OMG THIS WORK IS AMAZING... Keep doin it gurl u know ull be the new Gaga... I love the way u ork keep working amazing work... You and I is the best :)
  54. Sep 23, 2014
    This album is so different of everything that Gaga did and it's awesome. She can sing Rock/Jazz/Pop. She is a singer, She is a true Artist. And I'm very proud =)
  55. Sep 16, 2014
    A good album but not as good as The Fame Monster. There is a good variety of tracks on the album. For me the best tracks are Marry the Night, Scheiße and Edge of Glory. Overall there are more decent tracks than awesome tracks but it is still worth your and my money.
  56. Aug 26, 2014
    One of the best albums ever. Amazing climate, instrumentals and lyrics. My favorite songs - The Edge of Glory (the best on the album), Marry The Night, Bloody Mary and Heavy Metal Lover.
  57. Aug 10, 2014
    Born This Way came out in 2011 and it's still one of the most polarizing pop records in the '10s, Lady Gaga channels her inner Bruce Springsteen on an arena rocking scale, Queen on a campy scale, and Madonna on a musical scale and, well, everywhere else -- "Born This Way" comes close to being hailed as one of the greatest remixes of "Express Yourself" to date. But although herBorn This Way came out in 2011 and it's still one of the most polarizing pop records in the '10s, Lady Gaga channels her inner Bruce Springsteen on an arena rocking scale, Queen on a campy scale, and Madonna on a musical scale and, well, everywhere else -- "Born This Way" comes close to being hailed as one of the greatest remixes of "Express Yourself" to date. But although her gender-f***ing emulation might be her trademark, Lady Gaga certainly is an icon in her own right and has her own emulating pop stars to increase her impact in terms of influence in the mainstream music industry.

Notably, BTW is musically, vocally, and conceptually about whatever the hell it wants to be: Gaga sings in French, Italian, Spanish, and faux-German gibberish -- she "Doesn't speak German, but [she] can if you'd like" -- to dance-pop gloss covered in influences of EDM, country, rock 'n' roll, heavy metal, and in "Americano"'s case, mariachi, while turning sex, race, religion, immigracy, and LGBT rights into 16 of the catchiest pop songs of the early '10s, whether any of it feels natural or not. And although there are times when she takes herself way too seriously ("I'm gonna marry the night/I'm not gonna cry anymore"), Gaga is also a songwriter of epically goofy proportions, spouting some very, very memorable lines: ("Fame hooker, prostitue wrench, vomits her mind"), ("I don't speak German/But I wish I could"), and the most grandiose of them all ("I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south").

The highlights on BTW come from the latter end of the disc: "Heavy Metal Lovers" sure ain't metal on any musical level, but it has leather-stutted-gay-haus-dancing-in-the-dark-dirty house music down to an art; "Electric Chapel" is an ethereal electronic rock song that's more ABBA than ABBA's cover group A-Teens (who were one of my guiltiest pleasures ever, by the way); "You & I" features former Queen guitarist Brian May on the electric guitar that'll be the first and last country rock ballad dedicated to the state of Nebraska; and at last, "The Edge of Glory" is an '80s wannabe arena pop stomper that was written about the death of her grandfather in 2010, which not only shows off Mother Monster's vocal pipes, but it's also a highlight in the '00s' era of electronic music, topped by an unnecessary yet nonetheless epic saxophone solo from the late legend Clarence Clemons.

In retrospective, Born This Way very well could have worked as a successor to her most recent ARTPOP, because it's the Gaga we fell in love with during the 21st century. It's compositional pretentious never fails to rival of the heart that Gaga injects into it. It's not a masterpiece more than it is an admirably cohesive pop collection of songs that show just how inspirational top 40 music can be. It's not as if we all have to like it -- it's drained of innovation on a technical scale and we're still waiting to meet Stefani Germanotta when she's not in make-up or meat dresses. But whether it's for her commandment on the dancefloor, her wild, Bjork-esque fashion choices, or her support for the LGBT community, you got to respect on some sort of level.
  58. Aug 1, 2014
    The album of the singer sensation of 2010.

Marry The Night: A great song, the album started very good, far better than the second album. (9/10) Born This Way: A cool song, the only fault is being too repetitive. (besides resemble a Madonna song) (8/10) Government Hooker: The album starts getting darker, a song with a dubious production is lost in the powerful lyrics. (4/10)
    The album of the singer sensation of 2010.

Judas: The height of the darkness of "Born This Way", well produced music and controversial lyrics. (7/10)

U.S.: Strong and cool music. (6/10)

Hair: The third best song on the album, it would be # 1 in 2010 (9/10).

Sheibe: A messy and fun music. (5/10)

Bloody Mary: The repetition of Jesus annoys me, Madonna or Lady Gaga? (4/10)

Bad Kids: The worst song on the album, sounds like someone trying to do something new. (0/10)

Highway Unicorn: The album back to get interesting. (7/10)

Heavy Metal Lover: The album is really getting back cooler. (5/10)

Electric Chapel: guitar again, Lady Gaga is so rock, we want her back! (Notice the similar vocal with Madonna) (3/10)

You And I: SHE IS BACK! The best music career of Lady Gaga. (10/10)

The Edge of Glory: This song is so good, so Lady Gaga. (8/10)

The album is good, with a few flaws but with some adjustments.
  59. Jul 10, 2014
    De Gaga son mejores los vídeos que las canciones. Siempre. Este disco es otra muestra de ello.
    Aparte, cada vez viste mas ridícula y extravagante, dentro de 5-10 años no sé que mas va a hacer...
  60. Jun 25, 2014
    This album is unique and perfect. Born This Way saved so many lives around the world because of your message. In short, it's an album full of responsibility!
  61. Jun 20, 2014
    O melhor album da Gaga e O MELHOR ALBUM QUE JÁ OUVI,a Gaga traz músicas sombrias,felizes e dançantes,ela consegue celebrar a aceitação de todas as formas possíveis,ela te lembra o lado negro de ser você e o lado arco-íris.
    Pena que não levou 1 Grammyzinho.
  62. May 27, 2014
    After singing about all the sights of fame, Lady Gaga starts to find another themes to sing about in her second album "Born This Way" and I agree that she does it mostly great and incredibly amazing like she did it before.
    The album starts with the highlights like "Marry The Night" and "Born This Way", asking us to turn off our cell phones and start thinking about who we are. Then she begins to talk about politics in dirty manner ("Government Hooker") and love/religion betrayal ("Judas"). After such an amazing start she makes her first fail in the album with "Americano". Although, the song is about immigration and law, it feels like a banana ice cream from diner without a cherry on its top. But after that she turns back showing that the lyrics are not the main thing in songs ("Hair", "Schiebe" and "Bloody Mary"). And after a minute with sad story ("Bad Kids") she takes us in the second part of album with strange ("Highway Unicorn" and "Electric Chapel") and excellent ("Heavy Metal Lover") songs. And here comes the end with "You and I' and "`The Edge Of Glory".
    Musically album looks like a trip on the famous Route 66, because each song sounds like being influenced on the old Rock n Roll in the new/POP meaning.
  63. May 23, 2014
    5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and political imagery, giving birth to an undeniable gay rights anthem and a new generation of Little Monsters. Gaga's ability to craft songs of self empowerment and her usually club bangers shines here. It may be one of the most influential and important albums of the decade thus far. Expand
  64. Apr 30, 2014
    It's good, and unique, and artistic, and good. But was there really a need to make such lyrics for Government Hooker? Was there a need to stray away from the inspiring, individualistic nature of the album itself? And the filler tracks were fillers.
  65. Apr 21, 2014
    When Gaga is not singing her heart out in this album, she is singing beautiful, relatable poems in form of a Pop song. Born This Way is not only lenghty and Pop Fantastico, but it is also Gaga's best album yet.
    Just look at the love Gaga gives to its little monsters with this album. Songs like "Born This Way", "Hair", "Bad Kids", "You & I" and "The Edge of Glory" offer a connection with the artist no other pop albums out there can do. The best of the bunch are definitely "The Edge of Glory", with its 80s Nostalgia fusion of techno and pop, "Hair", with its profund lyrics, and "Bloody Mary", with its soft rythm and mesmerizing beats. The rest of the songs are also very good (Except "Heavy Metal Lover", which is avoidable). There are some similar songs that ring familiarity, like "Americano" (Alejandro) or "Judas" (A sicker "Bad Romance") but the overall experience is so gratifying. If you love Gaga, go buy this album right now. It takes everything you love about "The Fame Monster", extends it, makes it darker, more personal and more poetic, and with Gaga's signature weirdness you will not have a bad time ever.
  66. Feb 23, 2014
    Born This Way does have a couple of problems. Perhaps the lyrics are not always perfect, and perhaps the songs start to feel a little more dragged towards the end of the album, but who cares, this is Lady Gaga's standout album, where, as she does borrow a lot of techniques from Madonna, there appears to be nothing other than general power and the need to stand out, and this comes fromBorn This Way does have a couple of problems. Perhaps the lyrics are not always perfect, and perhaps the songs start to feel a little more dragged towards the end of the album, but who cares, this is Lady Gaga's standout album, where, as she does borrow a lot of techniques from Madonna, there appears to be nothing other than general power and the need to stand out, and this comes from Gaga's determined voice and her loud, drilling dance music. Expand
  67. Feb 18, 2014
    Well, this album has an odd collection of tracks. I enjoyed some of the songs while others dragged on. Disliked the remix of 'Born This Way'. I'm not quite sure of what Lady Gaga's aims were for this album. The album fails, but does it in the most interesting way.
  68. Feb 3, 2014
    In her violent dance / pop music, Lady Gaga never gives way to subtlety. "Born this way" is like a wrecking ball with monumental beats, disco chorus without any originality and empty and demagogic lyrics. Lady Gaga concept : or you love, or you hate, or you just don't give a damn about it; personally, that's my case.
  69. Jan 31, 2014
    I love that it continues the dark theme of the fame monster, this is an awesome album, overall, my highlights are judas, government hooker and the edge of glory. this album deserves more recognition just a shame she went for marry the night as the final single instead of something like scheibe or bloody mary.
  70. Jan 12, 2014
    Wonderful self-empowerment album!Born This Way song itself proved that even music can make you feel stronger and be more tolerant!Really amazing vocals!
  71. Dec 30, 2013
    This album is almost perfect. Cool rhythm that make me dance between the strange lyrics. I see a woman who can't stop composing for the music and enjoy each minute doing her job. She still fresh, with imagination and with a powerful voice. Most recommended songs are "Born This Way", "Hair", "Yoü And I" and "The Edge Of Glory".
  72. Dec 21, 2013
    THIS is an album! I never tire of hearing him is so magical! In this era, Gaga spared no talent, performances and lives were perfect. Very proud of what she has become, how much she has matured in so little time, musically speaking. ILY!
  73. Dec 15, 2013
    Lady Gaga´s best album to date (including Artpop). Crazy production, lots of good and different songs, her best recorded vocals to date. And that so much needed 80s throwback music was needing in this era where superficial stuff sadly shines the most on radio. With this one she proved she is really above her pop peers on every front and became an albums artist, unlike her way less talentedLady Gaga´s best album to date (including Artpop). Crazy production, lots of good and different songs, her best recorded vocals to date. And that so much needed 80s throwback music was needing in this era where superficial stuff sadly shines the most on radio. With this one she proved she is really above her pop peers on every front and became an albums artist, unlike her way less talented competition (Katy Perry, Rihanna, Milye Cyrus and the likes). Amazing album. A little bit over produced but kind of epic. Expand
  74. Dec 4, 2013
    Perfect dark album of pop, her songs sounds incredible black jesus is perfect
    judas is a polemic song, and the born this way have a messege super important for the people
  75. Nov 29, 2013
    With Born This Way, Lady Gaga has shifted from producing pop hits to writing songs with immense depth. There's a distinct difference in sound and feel from her Fame era, with this album exploring dark and thought-provoking themes that are seldom delved into in the music industry. This includes the likes of homosexuality, religion, acceptance, death and even human rights. The overall appealWith Born This Way, Lady Gaga has shifted from producing pop hits to writing songs with immense depth. There's a distinct difference in sound and feel from her Fame era, with this album exploring dark and thought-provoking themes that are seldom delved into in the music industry. This includes the likes of homosexuality, religion, acceptance, death and even human rights. The overall appeal of the album is intentionally not meant for a particular audience, but takes an individualistic approach that has each song garnering favour from different crowds of people. Near-ballads such as Hair, Yoü and I & The Edge Of Glory certainly show her vocal range, and at the same time broaches different topics that come in life. The album also takes strong influences from Whitney Houston, Madonna & Bruce Springsteen and the genres range from heavy metal to electropop to eurodance. Despite scooping in much success as an album, the singles didn't fare as well on the Billboard Hot 100. Diverting from the typical pop mould may not have brought her the success that the Fame albums did, but she has intricately infused many layers of messages for listeners to extract.

Personally, I'm not so much a fan of this album. There seems to be too many themes being explored at a go and some of them hinge on blasphemy, irreverence and unfamiliarity, which has caused her to lose many of her initial fans. Fortunately, the music she's produced this round has won her new fans with the strong message of acceptance in various aspects. Her passion for music and musical tributes are apparent, and is definitely admirable. However, she might want to tone down on the heavy tunes and strong background music that seem to engulf the lyrics and clarity that made the Fame albums strong. Hopefully, the forthcoming 4th album will redeem her as a true pop artist, with better choice of singles and a vocal range that will stun the masses. Hmm, but with Lady Gaga, honestly... What's surprising? ;)

Standout Tracks: Hair, Scheiße, Yoü And I, The Edge Of Glory
  76. Nov 25, 2013
    It is a very good album, but she can do way better! She still has time to grow as an artist but on her second album, she proved she could drop an album, and what an album! She's far far beyond artists like Katy Perry or Rihanna who makes only singles (but the album sucks). ARTPOP is not as good as Born This Way, but I feel we didn't hear the last of her.
  77. Nov 17, 2013
    Nada comparado ao The Fame. O álbum mais completo, complexo, profundo e segue uma ordem perfeita, aliás, o maior álbum em quesitos de estrutura e formação da Lady Gaga. Foi maravilhosamente produzido e trás faixas fortíssimas e grandes hits como a própria faixa que cedeu nome ao álbum, Born This Way. Sintetizadores, batidas eletrônicas alegres, sinos de igreja e até baladas. O álbum trásNada comparado ao The Fame. O álbum mais completo, complexo, profundo e segue uma ordem perfeita, aliás, o maior álbum em quesitos de estrutura e formação da Lady Gaga. Foi maravilhosamente produzido e trás faixas fortíssimas e grandes hits como a própria faixa que cedeu nome ao álbum, Born This Way. Sintetizadores, batidas eletrônicas alegres, sinos de igreja e até baladas. O álbum trás uma mensagem fortíssima em faixas como Born This Way, Hair, The Queen e a própria The Edge Of Glory, escrita pela própria Gaga para o seu avô. completamente divertido e ao mesmo tempo reflexivo, transversal e ao mesmo tempo focal. Foi o maior álbum de 2011, e um dos maiores clássicos da década, assim como prometido pela Gaga. Vendeu mais de 1,1 milhão de cópias em sua semana de estreia, totalizando ao todo, até hoje, cerca de 10 milhões de cópias mundialmente. Aliás, se não fosse o 21 da Adele, teria sido o álbum do ano pelo Grammy. Expand
  78. Nov 16, 2013
    This album revitalized Pop music and added something darker and more interesting to an otherwise boring and bright genre- and this album does exactly what needs to be done- to take pop music down a notch and get filthy with guitar riffs and crazy metal drums. The perfect rock and pop harmony occurs in a beautiful orgasm of music and it is certainly one of the best albums of the decade.This album revitalized Pop music and added something darker and more interesting to an otherwise boring and bright genre- and this album does exactly what needs to be done- to take pop music down a notch and get filthy with guitar riffs and crazy metal drums. The perfect rock and pop harmony occurs in a beautiful orgasm of music and it is certainly one of the best albums of the decade. With standout tracks like Government Hooker, Electric Chapel and the almost perfect Heavy Metal Lover- Born This Way will continue to be a beacon in the history of music. Gaga shows us yet again that she'd rather irrelevant and be herself than be like Katy Perry making boring pop music just because it sells. As for The Born This Way Ball- a masterpiece of modern showmanship that takes the average concertgoer into another dimension. Expand
  79. Nov 14, 2013
    Born This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time theBorn This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time the tour began nearly a year after release, it was only the fans that cared anymore. Despite this, she managed to pull in a $181 million grossing world tour and had her final dates not been cancelled due to her hip injury (the icing on top of a terrible year), the tour would have been her second consecutive one to hit the $200 million mark. But the public still looks upon the album as a failure which is frankly baffling.
    So, why is the album looked upon so negatively? Because I think it's brilliant. Gaga really showed her diversity with this mesmerising body of work that has shades of light and dark, positivity and sadness. We get uplifting tracks about acceptance with Born This Way, Bad Kids, Hair, ScheiBe and Highway Unicorn. We get sexy songs like Government Hooker and Heavy Metal Lover. We get dark, spooky songs with Bloody Mary and Electric Chapel. We get religious commentary with Judas and Fashion Of His Love. We get deeply personal songs for Gaga in the form of Marry The Night, The Queen, Black Jesus/Amen Fashion and You And I. And we get the astonishing power ballad tour de force that is The Edge Of Glory. It's hard to find a pop album is deep, diverse and personal as this. It should be a pop classic but unfortunately will likely by filed under "under-rated diamond in the rough." I hope it hasn't ended Gaga's career for good because it's evident from this album that she has so much more to give.
  80. Nov 12, 2013
    The good in Born This Way heavily outweighs the bad. The songs are fun, and Lady Gaga cranks out some catchy melodies and solid beats. Gaga also branches out and experiments with genres and styles. Sometimes it really works, sometimes it doesn't. Some songs are forgettable and become victims of generic pop trends. Standout tracks are "Marry the Night", "You and I", "Edge of Glory", andThe good in Born This Way heavily outweighs the bad. The songs are fun, and Lady Gaga cranks out some catchy melodies and solid beats. Gaga also branches out and experiments with genres and styles. Sometimes it really works, sometimes it doesn't. Some songs are forgettable and become victims of generic pop trends. Standout tracks are "Marry the Night", "You and I", "Edge of Glory", and possibly "Hair". "Judas" and "Born This Way" are the 'controversial' tracks, but they both serve as enjoyable, catchy dance tunes with a little bit of a message. Gaga's voice is definitely a strong asset, and it accompanies the rich synths and melodies very well.

I'm writing this after having also listened to her new ARTPOP album, which was disappointing. Hopefully her next projects follow in the footsteps of Born This Way, as Born This Way shows musical growth and maturity. Not perfect, a little underwhelming or generic at times, but definitely a step in the right direction I believe.
  81. Nov 11, 2013
    I'm thoroughly surprised at the quality brought before me, as I was originally turned off by the Arcee inspired art and overproduced nature of the first two singles. This just proves that (and I know it's hard to except) that I can be wrong, but at the end of the day folks (dare I end it on such an obvious note, ah what the hell) I was born this way.
  82. Nov 10, 2013
    I love Lady Gaga, but this was not her best album. It's still really good however. I believe it's an underrated album. Because it has a lot of really good songs. I personally like them all though. I can go through all the songs and sing them all word for word. The album has a nice tone and meaning but is not quite up to par with The Fame and The Fame Monster.
    My Personal favorites: Born
    My Personal favorites: Born This Way, Judas, Edge of Glory, Marry The Night, Schibe, Heavy Metal Lover, and Bloody Mary.
  83. Nov 7, 2013
    A mixture of several styles, Gaga always changing and evolving in a manner inexplicable. Born This Way and many surprises! I WAS BORN THIS WAAAAAAAAY!!
  84. Nov 6, 2013
    This album is a hypocrisy. She needs to stop forcing be epic and come back as in The Fame and The Fame Monster. Born This Way is a great song, but the only. Judas was the worst single of her career. Ever.
  85. Nov 5, 2013
    Como amo este album! es el mejor que he escuchado de Gaga, en este album fluyen muchas emociones al pasar por las canciones, sin duda un album epico que no pasa desapercibido! Good Job Gaga
  86. Nov 4, 2013
    My main problem with born this way is the fact that it consists of some of her greatest songs like The edge of glory and some of her worst. If The queen, highway unicorn and black jesus were cut this album would be higher for me.
  87. Nov 3, 2013
    De verdad pienso que es uno de los discos más menospreciados de esta nueva era.
    BTW es el epítome en el momento de la globalización. Aquí se reúnen grandes sonidos y géneros al rededor del pop.
    La voz de Gaga está en su mejor momento. Es variado, lleno de momentos grandes... en ningún instante de da un respiro. Y de eso se trata, de cantar a todo volumen las letras. Es el album más
    De verdad pienso que es uno de los discos más menospreciados de esta nueva era.
    Es el album más emblemático de los últimos años.
  88. Oct 23, 2013
    definitely a slight disappointment, this record is all over the place and the rock-european pop crossover just feels wrong and overproduced. Lady gaga is a very capable vocalist but her vocals get drowned in the very uninspired production. Bloody Mary, government hooker and heavy metal lover are actually good-quality tracks, but the rest feels just like album-fillers...
  89. Oct 20, 2013
    This album was amazing! Not only inspiring, but it was out of this world. I've never heard an album with such deep lyrics, combined with great production.
  90. Oct 17, 2013
    Lady Gaga already had his moment of fame, the singer keeps the same beat and the same elements "crazies" who put her in the spotlight, the only difference is that now tired and unfortunately no longer works, and for what seems, we can not rely in her new album artpop being different, when I heard some songs already gave it to note that it will be more of the same. Who else had the wisdomLady Gaga already had his moment of fame, the singer keeps the same beat and the same elements "crazies" who put her in the spotlight, the only difference is that now tired and unfortunately no longer works, and for what seems, we can not rely in her new album artpop being different, when I heard some songs already gave it to note that it will be more of the same. Who else had the wisdom to see how GUY has parts similar to Alejandro? fully modified with voices and lyrics negligible. Expand
  91. Oct 17, 2013
    born this way is one of the best albuns ever, it´s so experimental and dark, with a good message of love, peace, it´s a fantastic invite to love yourself celebrate who you are and follow all your dreams, to make them come true, gaga shows her many ways to make good songs there are amazing tracks and fantastics productions, it´s the best album of the year
  92. Oct 13, 2013
    Lady gaga explora nuevos sonidos fuertes desde el rock, hasta pequeñas partes de opera, una verdadera artista que se dedica a revolucionarse musicalmente, a buscar sonidos extraños y arriesgarse en crear un fantastico album.
  93. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing, Strange but very good, The lyrics and the message of the whole album is incredible, the sounds are so diferent and wear but so so amazing. I can't say anymore, it's excelent, exceptional, I can't say perfect beacuse it isn't but it comes near.
  94. Sep 28, 2013
    Nostalgic. Born This Way refers to religious themes, the darkest thoughts of our souls and the desperation for wanting to reach paradise, reshaped a texture that only art gaga is able to achieve. Incredible and amazing!
  95. Aug 15, 2013
    My favorite CD from Lady Gaga. "Born This Way" is creative and different, and an icon in pop music. The best songs are "Americano", "Bloody Mary", and "Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)".
  96. Jul 30, 2013
    Excellent work Gaga. So futuristic, with many messages. No, it´s not the album of the decade, but in the pop world, it´is one of the bests. This album has soul and give us an opportunity to accept that we were born this way.
  97. Jul 22, 2013
    BTW is a truly underrated album. It combines many different music gernes from rock to opera and gives you the illusion that you live on another world were unicorns and electric chapels are real. Gaga 's vision is more clear than ever now. It'a a really brave move and an important chapter to pop history.
    Gaga has proved that she doesn't care about negative critisism and she dares to
    Gaga has proved that she doesn't care about negative critisism and she dares to challenge music. "In the most biblical sence I am beyond repentant, fame hooker, prostitute wench vomits her mind'' Lady Gaga Judas
  98. Jul 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is easily one of the worst pop albums ever it's beyond boring and all songs sound the same Lady Gaga has lost this album is so bad in one word awful Expand
  99. Jun 15, 2013
    Now I know I might be a little late to the party but better late than never. So what can I say about Born This, especially with a two year perspective now? I can tell it is one of, if not the best album I've heard in my life. From Marry the Night to The Edge of Glory the energy does not let up. Her vocals are stronger than they ever have been, and the culmination of her past experiencesNow I know I might be a little late to the party but better late than never. So what can I say about Born This, especially with a two year perspective now? I can tell it is one of, if not the best album I've heard in my life. From Marry the Night to The Edge of Glory the energy does not let up. Her vocals are stronger than they ever have been, and the culmination of her past experiences along with new ideas (both sonically and thematically) along with new producers breeds her most mature album to date. Some lyrics are cheesy and at times the production takes you back to a time of nostalgia, but that's what it's all about. It's inspired by the 80's for a reason, this was Gaga's childhood, her birth moments, of course an album with such a title will be inspired by the things that inspired her as a child. Fans across the globe have responded to the messages contained within these songs and have responded with strength and hope at the new found belief within themselves to accomplish anything. For many people, this is war cry album. We will not be confined to what society thinks of us, we are our own destiny. Even now, 2 years later, I can still listen to the whole thing straight through and feel that passion within me that the album lends along with it's ability to sound just as fresh as the day I got it. Don't let the negativity surrounding the comparisons made by those out of jealous and bitterness deter you from giving this album an open-minded chance. It is a beautiful collection of music, one that will certainly more appreciation in the years to come. Expand
  100. May 17, 2013
    Crap...Sorry but anyone enjoying this has a bad taste in music.

1. Sep 25, 2014
    Lady Gaga promised her fans (perhaps a tad prematurely) that her new album would be the greatest of the decade. But even if the next nine years bring something better, we're unlikely to hear anything bigger than Born This Way.
  2. Q Magazine
    Aug 8, 2011
    Born This Way feels like the first proper Lady Gaga album. [Aug. 2011, p. 114]
  3. Jul 6, 2011
    Gaga has always been able to anchor her haughty conceptual undertakings with simple, catchy tunes, but with Born This Way, the persona and the message are starting to bleed into the songs. It's not a good look.