Brave

7.3

Review this album

1. ShockU
    Oct 16, 2007
    I must say, Jennifer Lopez hit this one out the park. This is an excellent dance album full of very catchy tunes. Easily her best album in her career. Every song seems ready for radio play. Even the skeptics should be impressed.
  2. BenT
    Oct 13, 2007
    Best work to date, by far. Great sounding voice and production on each and every track. The album is not desperate in trying to sound like everyone else, while maintaining a contemporary fill with the right mix of producers. Jennifer Lopez is still being true to herself and expressing herself through pleasant and intriguing music.
  3. CamilaO.
    Dec 5, 2007
    She is the best Brave is a success in Brazil, the bad is that it never came here! The CD is perfect and much dancing, impossible to keep quiet listening Brave.
  4. emmag
    Oct 26, 2007
    She does have an average voice but you get the feeling with this album that's she's taken her time. Previous albums seem to have had one strong track then a tonne of filler. This one seems to be more personal and considered and has some strong tracks on it - definitely worth bonus points for effort - maybe it's the Marc Anthony 'fluence......
  5. RubenS.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Her best english studio album to date in her music career. She did show off her vocals more on her spanish debut. But, this is dance pop music and she does it well. Job very well done Jlo.
  6. DenisM
    Oct 26, 2007
    I think it's a good record, she should go in another direction but it's ok. The best tracks: "Hold ir don't drop it", "Do it well", "Mile in these shoes", "Wrong when you're gone", "Brave" "Forever" and "Stay together". It's better than her previous two english albums.
  7. GregC
    Oct 29, 2007
    This album's hot ! Jennifer proves on Brave that she can sing and there is no doubt of her talent on the music business. The great vocal and the smart beats make this an deserving chart-topping album, with many possible hits in it. The open-track, Stay Together, is a catchy-dance song that talks about how staying together is on trend now, at least for Jennifer. Forever, a great R&B This album's hot ! Jennifer proves on Brave that she can sing and there is no doubt of her talent on the music business. The great vocal and the smart beats make this an deserving chart-topping album, with many possible hits in it. The open-track, Stay Together, is a catchy-dance song that talks about how staying together is on trend now, at least for Jennifer. Forever, a great R&B track that reminds Beyoncé's hit Baby Boy. The hit single Do It Well, one of the best tracks of the album, is already killing the charts around the world with the dance vibe that only J. Lo knows how to handle and it's clear too on the Michael Jackson's Gotta Be Where You Are sample track, Gotta Be There. Breaking down a little bit, Mile In These Shoes is a strong pop track with a hot and mysterious beat, which is on Desperate Housewives new promo. Be Mine and I Need Love bring a sexy and smooth vibe, reminding J. Lo's Rebirth Era. Closing the album, Wrong When You're Gone, a R&B ballad that shows Jennifer's romantic side of the album, along with Never Gonna Give Up, her best vocal performance on the album. And, finally, my favorite track on the entire album, the album-title Brave closes the album in the best way: a sexy, catchy and addicted track that is a sure top 10 single that will bubble on the charts, proving that J. Lo's back and doing very, very well. Expand
  8. Sep 21, 2010
    i must say that I was a little dissapointed in "Brave'. Donm't get me wrong I love J.Lo but I feel this album lacked what her other albums had.......Hot beats and Hot lyrics. The album is good but the onbly call out was "Do It Well"
  9. Jun 3, 2014
    Brave is one of her best albums to date. I love the direction, the musics ... Do It Well is pop masterpiece. Hold It Don't Drop It is so great. Brave (song) is so emotional.
  10. Jul 6, 2016
    I have to say that this album is not bad at all. I was quite surprised with the songs on this album. It is a very listenable album with great lyrics and very high production. It is really sad that it did not do well with the charts and also with sales. I think it is one of her most underrated albums that she has ever released.
    My score:
    9. Be mine 7/10
    10. I need love 7/10
    11. Wrong when you're gone 7/10
    12. Brave 10/10
    Overall: 80
  11. Jul 30, 2016
    This album is so powerfull, soft and strong ! A new face of Jennifer Lopez ! Besides Brave (the song and the whole album) has real deep and touching lyrics ! Thanks JLo for this album which really helped me !

1. It's nothing more than modest music for mellow good times, but it's lively enough to be fleeting fun, with enough good tunes for a mild party, preferably one that's held at home.
  2. The album is another market-smart collection of radio fodder, rather than Lopez's artistic breakout. That said, no one does classy pop quite like she does.
  3. Expensive beats and uplifting material are offset by listless vocals.