Break The Cycle

8.5

Review this album

1. robertm
    Jul 18, 2003
    this is their greatest cd
  2. JasmineT
    Jan 31, 2005
    this music was somthing i realy could relate to , there's no song that i couldn't say that there is one song i don't like , they are all exalent like my feelings were written down for me , the music in every way is exeptionaly brilliont there is no critisism i could say for this band , Stained u rule never give it up .
  3. Sep 6, 2012
    This is emotional music with great vocals from Aaron Lewis. This music has meaning and feeling, contrary to the crap most people listen to these days.
  4. AnchorageS
    Aug 28, 2003
    :P
  5. JacobS
    Apr 14, 2005
    Orpheus11 is a dushbag, he probably listens to Usher
  6. JonathanS.
    Jul 24, 2001
    I dare you to show me a better metal album with so much real life influence. These guys are singing about my life, how do they do that without knowing me?
  7. MartinB
    Dec 1, 2002
    This album is good- not crap. Aaron Lewis is unique- not annoying.Not as good as "Original Pirate Material" though.
  8. -Xile-
    Aug 22, 2003
    Great cd.......if u like metal rock.....or stuff that pertains to that.....add it to your cd collection! Its great
  9. justins
    Nov 6, 2005
    one of the greatest albums (ever)
  10. EmilM
    Jan 31, 2005
    If you're into depressing lyrics with an alt-metal melody, you're going to like this. Altough the rest of the world disagrees with me, I really find this CD enjoyable, and very easy to relate to. Yes it has some of the worst rock songs in history. Take Epiphany for example, a song I entitle the worst ballad ever, only topped by Nashville country ballads. But if you look away If you're into depressing lyrics with an alt-metal melody, you're going to like this. Altough the rest of the world disagrees with me, I really find this CD enjoyable, and very easy to relate to. Yes it has some of the worst rock songs in history. Take Epiphany for example, a song I entitle the worst ballad ever, only topped by Nashville country ballads. But if you look away from that, and focus on the better songs like For You, Fade and Can't believe, you might even like this album. 8/10 Expand
  11. JessicaW
    Jan 1, 2006
    Aaron Lewis' angst ridden lyrics completely capture so many of my own feelings. From "all alone, I can't mend" to "it's always raining in my head", the anguish is perfectly expressed. A great cd. Less angry than Dysfunction but just as good.
  12. v
    Aug 17, 2006
    one of da best albums, i own!
  13. leticiaf
    Jun 1, 2007
    well.. this album is very good and its songs like safe place,epiphany,outside give me all the pice that i nedd to carry on! i gave it a 9 cause i think that chapter v is better. and fuck u orpheus11 you mind suck.
  14. VidM
    Aug 13, 2007
    Some classic tracks on here
  15. JamesP.
    Oct 11, 2002
    I thought this album rocked because I can totaly relate to what they write about in there music,and if they come out with another album anything like this one,I will have it.
  16. calvinhobbes
    Dec 29, 2005
    this cd is fucking awesome! every song is good and is meaningful.
  17. Jun 1, 2011
    Not a great fan of somewhat Metal genre , but this is one of my favorite Metal bands out there. Love the vocals of Aaron Lewis are nice, the guitar really sounds cool etc.
  18. Sep 13, 2011
    This is Staind best yes all songs on this album could have been singles, The lyrics on this album are so heart felt i believe that this album is an all time great. Aaron Lewis is a one of a kind and there will be none like him enough said.

Pedestrian? Sure. But in '01, it's doubtful you'll find a more apt soundtrack to a summer of skyrocketing gas prices and stock market tumblings.
  2. Set to a backdrop that brings to mind Creed, Pearl Jam and Tool but still uniquely stands on its own, the album tackles subjects of suicide and basic alienation with relative control and directness.
  3. With Lewis' weighty, tuneful voice and Mike Mushok's meaty, anthemic guitar, Staind recall the Soundgarden/Alice in Chains era of early-'90s rock. Free of phony posturing, DJ scratching and over-reliance on vapid thrash riffs, they're almost like an alternative version of today's mainstream metal.