Burst Apart - The Antlers
8.4

Review this album

1. May 14, 2011
    There is only one reason why I registered at Metacritic - to rate this very album. I have been browsing Metacritic for about four years now, and never have I had the urge to write a review more than for this album. It is simply stunning. There is another dramatic storyline, but while I rate this a ten, it is not quite as good as their first, but definitely my album of 2011.
  2. May 10, 2011
    A great album that is different from their first but good in that sense. From start to finish every song is good and it's easy to get into. The vocals sometimes remind me of Jeff Buckley and I like the instrumental songs. It is what it is and this Burst Apart is a good album. I can't wait to see them live in San Fransisco. It's going to be one hell of a show.
  3. May 21, 2011
    Once you hear the debut album you know this band is going places, It was only a matter of time until they're about to reach their pick, or perhaps one of them. This dream-pop/rock band knows just how to keep you craving for more, if it's album-wize or song-wize. I don't think I've found one average track to diss, only if you like this genre. This album is a must have for a morning commuteOnce you hear the debut album you know this band is going places, It was only a matter of time until they're about to reach their pick, or perhaps one of them. This dream-pop/rock band knows just how to keep you craving for more, if it's album-wize or song-wize. I don't think I've found one average track to diss, only if you like this genre. This album is a must have for a morning commute and deep thought divers. Expand
  4. Jun 15, 2011
    I originally gave this a 7. My mistake. After a few more listens it can only deserve a 10. I loved it so much that i even got into their previous album. I dont know which is better. There are different, but each are amazing. Thumbs up guys.....
  5. May 30, 2011
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful and it just gets better after every listen. I loved Hospice but this one I feel is even better. I keep finding little things I hadn't noticed on the last listen - can't recommend it enough.
  6. Jun 29, 2011
    One of the best I have ever listened to definitely. Hospice was great, but this one is really a masterpiece. Highlights: "No Widows", "I Don't Want Love", "Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out" and "Putting The Dog To Sleep".
  7. Jun 3, 2011
    Somewhat of a limited review since I've only listened to it once, but The Antlers seem to just get better and better with each album. Go out and support the artist on this album and you won't regret it.
  8. Nov 29, 2011
    The emotional realism has remained, but the band has taken on a decidedly more polished, electronic sound. http://www.vzmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=125:the-antlers-burst-apart&Itemid=137

1. Sep 13, 2011
    In short, Burst Apart, as truly beautiful as its compositions are, is haunted by Hospice.
  2. Jul 5, 2011
    Burst Apart, while far from perfect, is sort of a special album.
  3. Jun 17, 2011
    The Antlers, fronted by the sepulcral warble of Peter Silberman, manage to distinguish themselves slightly from these shuffling, mournful legions by bringing to bear a gently epic sensibility that verges on the orchestral. [Jul 2011, p.77]