8.3

Review this album

1. dang
    Oct 18, 2009
    I sit firmly on the fence with this one. Madonna truly is a gifted singer and songwriter but I just don't understand her or the record company. Sure, they both want to cash in on her final release for Warner Brothers. No problem with that, but why repeat a whole load of songs already found on Immaculate collection, GHV2 and Something to remember. There is a wealth of material that I sit firmly on the fence with this one. Madonna truly is a gifted singer and songwriter but I just don't understand her or the record company. Sure, they both want to cash in on her final release for Warner Brothers. No problem with that, but why repeat a whole load of songs already found on Immaculate collection, GHV2 and Something to remember. There is a wealth of material that could have gone onto the final 'Best Of'. A wasted opportunity. What a pity. Expand

1. The collection does a fine job of living up to the title--it's certainly a celebration of Madonna's career and includes some of the most celebratory and thrilling pop music ever created.
  2. Superfans may well die happy with this much concentrated Madge-estry: 36 tracks covering nearly every phase of her 25-year career. It all holds up surprisingly well.
  3. It's a dizzying, nonchronological spin through the Madonna years, years it makes you feel lucky to be living through.