7.4

Review this album

1. dales.
    Sep 19, 2009
    I think this is a great album. Mostly because it brings back good memories when it came out 9 years ago. Im surprised the album never got the good reviews it deserved. There are some great songs on here.
  2. AndrewE.
    Jul 16, 2001
    Don't listen to all the other reviews about this CD; it's fun to listen to and has catchy lyrics. Only old people with no general taste in a rap/rock band would say that it 'won dumbest title' This is by far the CD I have listened to the most of all three Limp Bizkit albums I own.
  3. Jasper
    Aug 13, 2004
    I think all of u suck. This is by far the best CD I've heard after LP's Hybrid Theory. It may not be the masterpiece u all want, but it definetevely it's a kickass CD.
  4. BernieG
    Feb 25, 2009
    Their best work! High points: My Generation, My Way, Full Nelson, Rollin'(Rock and Rap versions), The One, MI2 Theme, It'll Be OK, Hold On. Low points: "Hot Dog" because Fred Durst went overboard on the cursing. 3 minutes of Ben Stiller laughing at the end was annoying too.
  5. Jan 5, 2011
    I personally like nu metal alot. It is the only genre (as for as I'm concerned...) that combines rock with rap while not containing overly-distorted guitars (have you listened to Hollywood Undead?). But I speak for all my metalhead friends when I say this is an amazing album. DJ Lethal wants to make me shake my ass every time I listen to "My Generation." I also find it utterly impossibleI personally like nu metal alot. It is the only genre (as for as I'm concerned...) that combines rock with rap while not containing overly-distorted guitars (have you listened to Hollywood Undead?). But I speak for all my metalhead friends when I say this is an amazing album. DJ Lethal wants to make me shake my ass every time I listen to "My Generation." I also find it utterly impossible [for anyone that likes rap over metal] to listen to Fred's voice and label it "crap." You wanna hear crap? Listen to the chorus of "Thrown Away" by Papa Roach from "Infest." Crap. I love this album, I love Limp Bizkit, and I love nu metal.

And FWI- I love Hollywood Undead, and I love the song "Thrown Away." Papa Roach's album "Infest" is amazing, Jacoby just didn't have a great voice at the time (but boy could he rap!).
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    Amazing sound, limp bizkits best album. Why the critics dont like it is a total mystery. ive come to the conclusion they're either jealous or deaf.
  7. Aug 18, 2010
    Limp Bizkit is better than ever!! All of their songs are catchy and awesome!! Anyone who thinks that this album sucks, they are mistaken! This is the best nu-metal album from Limp Bizkit. Yes Fred Durst can be a douche, but aside from his personality, this album is awesome
  8. JakeH
    Jan 30, 2005
    Dude i fucking love Limp bizkit. Ever snice i heard it at my friends house i thought it kickedass. What makes me mad is that everybody hates them and that they got booed off stage at the Chicago show. And what happened to them i want them to make a new cd. Soon i will have enough money to buy all of there cd,s. So peace out everbody tell me if u like this stuff!
  9. JackP
    Oct 4, 2008
    It's really sad that the reviews do not focus on the quality of the music, but other issues. Frankly this is one of the best if not the best nu metal album I have ever heard. It's hard to describe, but I think it's a very refreshing and dynamic record which does not lack innovation. Simply the best from Limp Bizkit.
  10. ChrisB.
    Jan 13, 2002
    good if u like rock music but there is better out there
  11. Si
    Jul 27, 2007
    Better than Significant Other. Now that nu-metal is no longer mainstream there seems to be a lot of Limp appearing out of the cracks. Shows how many people jumped on the 'I Hate Fred Durst' bandwagon rather than the music.
  12. MattM
    Sep 6, 2008
    It's the heretic, because people judge it by two or three songs. It will only be wanted when it's gone.
  13. JonathanF.
    Aug 11, 2001
    Those critics just don't understand the purpose of Rap-Metal... This album is pure fun Catchy Lyrics, good guitar riffs, curses all over the place... I find this album great for a party...
  14. KimberlyF.
    Aug 15, 2001
    This CD is the best. The critics are so wrong. They just dont have any appreciation for this music. I listen to this CD a lot and I love it
  15. KimberlyF.
    Aug 15, 2001
  16. FabrizioG.
    Feb 8, 2002
    All songs on this album are very cool, the great riffs and the drums makes the difference in comparision to other rap-metal bands in the world
  17. Bob
    Aug 23, 2002
    The Bizkit rules, Fred rules, everyone knows it, no one wants to admit it. This is the best cd ever created, along with the band and Fred. This deserves a 10 from everyone. Everyone thinks Durst is a poser, but he rocks and no one gives him credit. GO AND BUY THIS AWESOME CD, EVEN IF YOU HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE THE KINGPINS OF ROCK
  18. BreannaR
    Jan 17, 2004
    i got this cd for christmas and its pretty good but still limp bizkit is not my favorite, Korn and Satic-X are. i got results may vary before i got this and i thought this isnt that bad and that people shoudnt be dissing this cd so much but when i got this i thought "no wonder everyone is dissing them! this cd makes results may vary look like a piece of shit!" i wrote a review for results i got this cd for christmas and its pretty good but still limp bizkit is not my favorite, Korn and Satic-X are. i got results may vary before i got this and i thought this isnt that bad and that people shoudnt be dissing this cd so much but when i got this i thought "no wonder everyone is dissing them! this cd makes results may vary look like a piece of shit!" i wrote a review for results may vary and gave it a 8 but if i could i would change that rating to a 6 and i would say in the review that its a bit sickening how much theyve changed. if youre gonna get a limp bizkit cd DO NOT GET RESULTS MAY VARY! GET THIS ONE! ITS MUCH BETTER! Expand
  19. john
    Jan 30, 2006
    limp bizkit rules!!!!!
  20. Anono-M
    May 19, 2007
    I think it's a competent record, with some downs, and some sky high ups. Maybe it's something to do with taste, that everyone who is in a position to write a review hates it and everyone on the ground who bought it love it, but has a near addictive sound that I guess people who consider themselves to have "good taste" can block out when they listen. It's not Red Hot Chilis I think it's a competent record, with some downs, and some sky high ups. Maybe it's something to do with taste, that everyone who is in a position to write a review hates it and everyone on the ground who bought it love it, but has a near addictive sound that I guess people who consider themselves to have "good taste" can block out when they listen. It's not Red Hot Chilis and it isn't trying to be, it does what it wants well. Expand
  21. James
    Jul 27, 2007
    I like how most of the people who review this album focus more on Fred Durst rather than the band. Shame really.
  22. JoshB.
    Aug 22, 2001
    This album is of the hook. Don't listen to any critics Limps #1!!!
  23. timmyf
    Apr 28, 2004
    this is an ok cd. but limp bizkit can get boring unless you see them live, cuz you cant feel the energy on the album. but it still gets you pumped.
  24. HamadA
    Mar 23, 2008
    The best album i've ever heard !... All of the reviews here are based on how you people hate FD. I've heard alot of creativity on this album, the weird sounds, Wes Borland's really cool riffs ... etc.. This album has all the elements to be something special. Hit songs..featured artists such as Xzibit, Scott Weiland and others.. Alot of fusion in styles and genres.. mood The best album i've ever heard !... All of the reviews here are based on how you people hate FD. I've heard alot of creativity on this album, the weird sounds, Wes Borland's really cool riffs ... etc.. This album has all the elements to be something special. Hit songs..featured artists such as Xzibit, Scott Weiland and others.. Alot of fusion in styles and genres.. mood changes.. great sound production.. A really cool album cover and booklet .. .. etc . And until this day we hear the tracks on this record in commercials and on the radio. Chocolate starfish is simply amazing ! Expand
  25. AlvaroS
    Apr 18, 2008
    Limp Bizkit is not just Fred Durst; on the whole, the album is quite average, but songs like "My Way", "The One", "It'll be ok" or "Boiler" just make it up for the rest of the album. It's just not fair to give it less than a 6...in my opinion. Oh, and the guitar is just GREAT.
  26. DME
    Mar 27, 2011
    Way too much profanity. And most of it isn't even used in well-written context (eg: "Knock straight the f***k out" doesn't make any sense). If most of the cursing was substituted for better lyrics, this would be a great album. I really liked "Take a Look Around" and "Boiler". "Livin' it up" is pretty catchy and "Rollin" is an awesome rock song. But, again... Fred needs to lay off onWay too much profanity. And most of it isn't even used in well-written context (eg: "Knock straight the f***k out" doesn't make any sense). If most of the cursing was substituted for better lyrics, this would be a great album. I really liked "Take a Look Around" and "Boiler". "Livin' it up" is pretty catchy and "Rollin" is an awesome rock song. But, again... Fred needs to lay off on the swearing. I think the only song I hated from this album was "The One". Expand
  27. Apr 28, 2014
    This is old school. With it's mixture of rap, rock, and metal, this album is way more fun than it has any right to be. Honestly it's not always the smartest album out there, but it does allow you to rock out in ways that few other bands can. I have to admit listening to this album definitely took me back to 2000, but in a good way. Some of the slower songs are throwaway, for instance "MyThis is old school. With it's mixture of rap, rock, and metal, this album is way more fun than it has any right to be. Honestly it's not always the smartest album out there, but it does allow you to rock out in ways that few other bands can. I have to admit listening to this album definitely took me back to 2000, but in a good way. Some of the slower songs are throwaway, for instance "My Way" and "The One," but overall this is just a perfect example of some fun and rocking nu-metal. It's not for everyone, but it will definitely please it's crowd. I give it a 9.1/10-Amazing. Expand
  28. Jul 1, 2011
    I actually really like this album - I think like some listeners it might be because I was in my late teens when this came out and it was essentially the school soundtrack for a whole year. BUT the fact that it managed that appeal to such a massive audience is something to be commended. Ok it may be crass, lacking in any actual meaningfulness but it still sounds great and is a fun albumI actually really like this album - I think like some listeners it might be because I was in my late teens when this came out and it was essentially the school soundtrack for a whole year. BUT the fact that it managed that appeal to such a massive audience is something to be commended. Ok it may be crass, lacking in any actual meaningfulness but it still sounds great and is a fun album from start to finish that holds its own in the modern age. Expand
  29. Dec 16, 2013
    the album is not so bad, the musical structure looks very good, just the sound itself, because the compositions are bad (even a 3 year old make up better than Fred Durst) however can be funny to hear a selfish middle-aged if finding a great singer of Rock n 'Roll wanting to pass for teenagers ("Rollin", "My Generation"), this is already done something for children and adolescents. If itthe album is not so bad, the musical structure looks very good, just the sound itself, because the compositions are bad (even a 3 year old make up better than Fred Durst) however can be funny to hear a selfish middle-aged if finding a great singer of Rock n 'Roll wanting to pass for teenagers ("Rollin", "My Generation"), this is already done something for children and adolescents. If it was instrumental, would be very great. His first album, sounds good, but repetitive, the second commercial but better. This is only another attempt by the band to make "music" with the most bizarre lyrics, seems to have fallen a mental age of Fred Durst. And to complete at the end of each song has a remix with DJ Lethal pickups, just to complement the album (Go Lethal, we are out of ideas, jokes a bit there at the end of songs just to chill out).
    Only Durst sounds as if it were the only one who did not care about the way the band, everyone did something to make it sound less annoying, but the singer isn't so terrible musically, has a very vivid imagination and a little creativity in letters (which should not be the main problem, because if a song has good lyrics and is Lower musically, does not convince the listener, everything has its two sides). It's very Funny
  30. Nov 8, 2013
    This album is my childhood!! One of the best albums ive ever heard. Doesnt deserve any negative reviews. Itll be okay, the one, my generation, full nelson, my way, boiler, and take a look around are my favorite songs on the album!!!
  31. Apr 28, 2015
    If you bought the album for some poetic rhymes and well-crafted subtle music, of course you'll be disappointed. But if you bought it for Limp Bizkit's signature angry sound, a shi*load of fun and heavy metal guitar riffs, you'll be more than satisfied.

1. Fred Durst may grab the headlines, but Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water really shows that all the power Limp Bizkit are known for comes from their bandmembers who, you know, actually play instruments. Durst's lyrics are wack when he raps and bad high school poetry when he sings.... Of course, there aren't many people looking for deep thoughts from Durst and Co. -- just lots of big, dumb, angry fun. And on that count, Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water delivers.
  2. Spin
    The sound is now clearer than on either predecessor; the rapping likewise. And here come Jane's Addiction and the Smashing Pumpkins--this is a slicker, grander record than Significant Other. [Jan 2001, p.112]
    The very concept of Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water might be brilliant if it was a work of absurdist art. But this album is just absurd.