7.2

Review this album

1. Apr 7, 2013
    I'm perplexed that any fan that doesn't like t heir recent material is still reviewing it ,anyhoo...
    Has you can see most of negative reviews are people who just downright dislike this band or expect them to remain in their old hardcore-punk (which I didn't find them to be all that great back in the day, Art of Drowning was probably the only CD I can honestly say I've considered and ended
    up buying).

About Crash Love, I bought this the day of it's release (I got the 2 CD deluxe edition). It was one of the best CDs I've bought in recent years that is considered "mainstream" (for all those terminology gurus)
    and I loved about 95% of the CD (Including the demo tracks included on the second CD, which I loved that entire thing [it actually has been played more than the regular CD itself])

There's a mix of genres on the CD and anyone open to alternative, 80s alternative-influenced, pop-punk/rock. Should definitely take a listen!
  2. Mar 12, 2011
    While Crash Love is stylishly produced and pays tribute to the pop-punk genre more than recent albums, it's sad when the most devoted fans are disappointed by Havok's lackluster in the lyrical content department, as well as the band's overall depth.
  3. Jun 7, 2011
    The depth and edge of their previous music is gone, notably in the lyrical content. But the melodies in some ways still retain a lot from AFI's older roots. And while it's far from topping its predecessors creativity, Crash Love is still pure punk rock with a bit of pop that may satisfy fans. One of its brightest moments are "End Transmission", a seemingly Cure-esque power ballad, and "Darling, I Want To Destroy You", a generic, but catchy radio-friendly pop rock track. However, its downfall mostly revolves around the album's lack of innovation or individuality for that matter. Expand
  4. Nov 26, 2011
    This album is really not bad. It's got some weak points and filler, but that was never different on AFI's other albums.
    I'm not completely a fan of the pop influence of this album, but you can recognize in the songwriting, that aside from the production, AFI still has their roots in punk, and do that justice. My favourite song is Torch Song by a large margin.
  5. Oct 21, 2013
    This album like most AFI albums changes to a new sound and genre. They are more pop-rock oriented than previous efforts but have some really catchy and mesmerizing stuff on this album.A well done effort but some songs fill like fillers. 8/10.
  6. Mar 13, 2014
    the album crash love AFI band and album which emits more sentimental songs and this leaves little umm comic book style, but their beats not fail to match such as letters, Ok I Feel Better Now and bonus Breathing Towers to Heaven, and that in my opinion the best album

1. Ultimately, AFI have lightened up the band's darkly-sexy vibe on Crash Love and delivered a yearning, perfect pop/rock crush of an album.
  2. In no uncertain terms, Crash Love is an accomplishment that raises the bar for them as musicians and writers.
  3. With fewer studio effects and electronic twiddles, Crash Love is a simpler rock record than its US number one predecessor "Decemberunderground." If anything, it's better however, and shows that while fusing goth, punk and pop doesn't need to be rocket science, when AFI are involved it's very definitely an artform.