Demi

6.8

Review this album

1. May 14, 2013
    Well, comparing this to unbroken, this album is amazing. She wrote (almost) all the songs of "DEMI". I'm so proud. her voice sounds awesome. i love the guitar and the sound of real instruments. This album deserves to be a success, and have a great tour to promote it. My favorites so far is "Shouldn't Come Back", "Something That We're Not", "Heart Attack" and "Never Been Hurt".
  2. May 18, 2013
    "Demi" is a very nice pop album, its a beautiful. Demi has finally managed to find her sound and the lyrics are definitely better than her previous album "Unbroken".
  3. Sep 20, 2015
    So goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
  4. May 14, 2013
    Demi has managed to make ever single song on this album a hit. The songs are both lyrically and vocally magnificent. This is most definitely Lovato's best album to date.
  5. May 14, 2013
    This album is beautiful and catchy. I'm keeping it on repeat, and I really look up to hear "Warrior" cause it's such an AMAZING song. I love Demi cause she really can sing and she can put all her emotional side on her songs!
  6. Nov 7, 2013
    What I like about Demi is that she has a powerful voice, but does not have the need to expose it to the whole song. Not a perfect album, far from it, but close to everything that the Disney Stars are showing, 'Demi' is by far the best album.
  7. Apr 10, 2014
    This is a great album! I liked every song on the album (it took me awhile to accept "Something That We're Not"), and it's been my favorite album ever since. Keep it up, Demi!
  8. May 14, 2013
    'Demi' is a very personal and beautiful album. It reflects her versatility and her talent as a singer and songwriter that packs in a ton of replay value. Whilst the lyrical quality has ups and downs, her vocal performances are on point.

Read my full review here: http://smarturl.it/demialbumreview
  9. May 19, 2013
    Demi, Lovato's fourth studio album feels like a combination of Lovato's two earlier albums and her previous one, Unbroken. With a pop rock feel on some tracks mixed with R&B dance-pop production and a number of big, slick ballads, Demi feels carefully calculated. This album is not a personal one, it's just a collection of songs to prove Lovato a successful, hit-making pop diva. In thatDemi, Lovato's fourth studio album feels like a combination of Lovato's two earlier albums and her previous one, Unbroken. With a pop rock feel on some tracks mixed with R&B dance-pop production and a number of big, slick ballads, Demi feels carefully calculated. This album is not a personal one, it's just a collection of songs to prove Lovato a successful, hit-making pop diva. In that matter, it succeeds. Too bad Demi shows very little musical growth for Lovato, besides vocally. Demi is pretty much a step backward into the familiar teen pop territory. Vocally, however, Demi is on point. She sings songs like she means them (not that she really does.) She wails, belts, screams, yells and it all sounds beautiful. Her voice may be the only thing that makes the material on Demi listenable. Lyrically, it's quite challenging. Lyrics are reminiscent of Carly Rae Jepsen's Kiss album in that they're both fluffy, but nonetheless interesting. Production-wise, it's pretty good. It's feel-good pop rock with dance and R&B influences and slick, radio-ready power ballad production. However, production on Demi is too teen pop. Too much like Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez & the Scene. Demi is not a bad album for Lovato; it's quite entertaining. It's just disappointing that a pop singer with such attitude and a sense of fun, is now just fishing for hits instead of making music that feels inspiring in some way. Lovato needs a maturity check.
    HIGHLIGHTS: Heart Attack, Made In The USA, Something That We're Not, Fire Starter
  10. Jun 7, 2013
    Great album with a nice mix of Pop songs, and while some do sound the same it's certainly not a bad thing as they are great songs! Lead single 'Heart Attack' pretty much sums up the album and what you will expect for the following tracks to come, and any Demi fans who liked her first albums will surely like this one too.
  11. Aug 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. Heart Attack: I personally love this song and I feel like when DEMI came out everyone forgot about it. The lyrics and relatabilty (i don’t think that’s a word) is so awesome. “Pain’s more trouble than love is worth” is one of my favorite lyrics she’s ever had. At first I didn't really understand the bridge but after i really thought about it, I was very impressed with the metaphors.
    2. Made in the USA: I kinda like this song, but I don’t love it. It doesn’t really stand out on the album. It is just another pop song to me (which isn’t bad) it just doesn’t really wow me. Her vocals on the other hand are really good, especially during the chorus.
    3. Without the Love:This song is probably my favorite off of the album. I feel like Demi went in a different direction with this. To me this song is the best off the album. The lyrics and comparisons and superb. Some of my favorite lyrics are “this is the bend before the break, where forget the harmony” and yeah you push me in the spotlight just to steal the show” and “you work so hard to get me just to let me go”
    4.Neon Lights: I liked this song for a couple of days, but i would love if there were more lyrics to it. I hate songs that repeat the first verse and chorus, they just lack originality to me. While this song definitely isn’t one of my favorites, i still like to jam to it every now and then. P.S. Her vocals during the dance break are awesome!!
    5. Two Pieces: This song reminds me a lot of fun.’s We Are Young but for a less mature audience. I don’t have a lot to say about this song, but I still like it a lot and it really displays her vocals very well.
    6. Nightingale: This song is just beautiful and raw. The emotion and mellow mood it sets is awesome. Although I can’t really relate to it because I’ve never felt like someone was watching over me, I still love it and it is one of the best on the album. I say grammy worthy.
    7. In Case: I can’t even begin with this song. Her vocals have got to be the best she’s ever done in any song. Like, this song in on a Fix a Heart level or higher. This one is a grammy worthy song.
    8. Really Don’t Care (ft. Cher Lloyd): It is impossible to listen to this song and be upset. It is such a great pop song and it is so fun. Another thing I love and notice about every song is that Demi made it so you heard an actual instrument in every song. Really Don’t Care has the acoustic guitar during the chorus and even the piano in Neon Lights.I really love the first verse in this song. I’m not in love with Cher’s part but it adds a nice touch of brat into the song.
    9. Fire Starter: While I can tolerate this song, I kinda don’t really like it. I definitely don’t have it on repeat like Without the Love or Really Don’t Care. I absolutely can’t stand the opening lyric, but I like the chorus and I kinda like the production.Her vocals are really the only part of this song I love.
    10. Something That We’re Not: God, this is another song I can’t listen to and be mad at the same time. This song is so fun and catchy AND BEYOND RELATABLE. I don’t care how ugly you think you are, you have all had the one person that was obsessed with you. Also, the little “ba da ba da da da da da” are so awesome and they really make the song I can just see her performing this song and the crowd singing along and just having fun.
    11. Never Been Hurt: This song is such an Unbroken 2.0 it ain’t even funny. I honestly hate the chorus of this song. If she took the production and chorus of Unbroken and put it on Never Been Hurt, I would be in love with this song. I absolutely hate the HUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT part, but the other vocals she has in it and the lyrics in the bridge and verses are pretty cool.
    12: Shouldn’t Come Back: I honestly love this song with all my heart. I have a hard time picking which song about her dad is better. At first I wasn’t sure if she was talking about her dad or an ex but I figured it out. Also, the emotion in here in unreal. That last time she says, "STOP, right now, you’ll only let me down" causes eargasms all the time. However, I do wish there was more to the bride.
    13. Warrior: I really like this song. I kinda prefer it over Skyscraper. I feel like it is very mature and not so juvenile. The lyrics are very relatable. BUT, I will say that I was very disappointed vocally. I am NOT saying that she didn't sound amazing, but I was expecting more from this song.

Overall Review: I’d give this album an 8/10. I don’t think Demi has completely morph into an adult (which is perfectly fine) but I feel like she is growing with her fans which is something not enough artist do these days. Another thing, that I already said, is that you hear an actua
  12. Dec 16, 2014
    Demi decaiu muito do Unbroken para esse álbum, é um álbum bom de ouvir, com boas músicas porém a qualidade vocal que ela tem poderia ter criado músicas melhores; é um álbum legal porém poderia ser melhor.
    Pontos altos: Heart Attack e Warrior
    Pontos baixos: Never Been Hurt e I Hate You, Don't Leave Me
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    "Demi" Um Excelente Album.
    Merece Um 10 Mesmo,Mas Acho Que Ela Exagerou Muito Nas Baladas Muito Calmas Podiam Ser Mais Bem Planejadas Como Mistake De Unbroken.
    Mas Mesmo Assim Merece 10.
    Top 5
    1-Never Been Hurt
    2-Two Pieces
    3-Made In Usa
    4-Without The Love
    5-Heart Attack
    Fire Starter E Something That We're Not São Pontos Altos Também
  14. Oct 10, 2013
    Of course it's one of her best albums ever, Heart Attack, the smash hit was such a different (and good) song, Made in the USA sounds like an anthem, Neon Lights a party and that's the perfect mix!
  15. May 14, 2013
    Her best work to date by far. So much emotion on songs like "Shouldn't Come Back" and "I Hate You, Dont Leave Me", you can tell this IS Demi. But it is also super fun and poppy on tracks like "Neon Lights" and "Really Dont Care" ft. Cher Lloyd. This is just perfection to me. There is not one bad song.
  16. May 15, 2013
    Really nice improvement from last album. More of a fun, lighthearted sound, yet keeping all of "Unbroken"' honesty and theatricality. Every song is a pleasure to listen to, but I definitely have my favorites. "Never Been Hurt", "Something That We're Not", and "Nightingale" all shine.
  17. Jul 22, 2013
    Nicely done Demi! I found this better than Unbroken. The lead-single choice for "Heart Attack" was great, but I kinda prefer "Made in the USA". Also I'm loving "Warrior" and "Never Been Hurt". xx
  18. Aug 26, 2013
    Possibly the most consistently crafted pop record in recent memory, Demi showcases Lovato's impressive vocal range as well as well-produced, shimmering pop. Highlights include "Heart Attack," "Without the Love," "Nightingale" and "Something That We're Not."
  19. Oct 18, 2013
    Amazing!!! Demi's album has everything we want in an album!! Its fun, emotional & the lyrics relates to the listener. This fourth album shows how much she has an adult has grown and how her career in the music industry is growing.
  20. Nov 4, 2013
    Este um dos melhores cds da Demi, destaque para "Neon Lights", "Without the Love", "Really Don't Care" e "Warrior". Esse álbum leva a Demi a outro patamar
  21. Sep 18, 2015
    I don't understand how people do not like a album but still they keep coming here to give a negative score and try to act as an expert critic. This is not her best album from afar and I am not a fan of hers, but this work is salvageable and unpretentious, able to entertain and satisfy the listener with this wonderful and crazy pop mix.
  22. Jul 24, 2014
    Happy and sad at the same time, with poetic lyrics and catchy melodies. Demi's vocals one of the reasons I loved it. 'Demi' is a very personal and beautiful album, 'Demi' is amazing.
  23. Oct 4, 2014
    Like any artist turned around for teen public, Demi doesn't go so far about her music. In this side, she made a great album for her public. Lyrics easy for understand, Intrumentals that will play over and over in the teenager's mind. The vocals are great, in some songs too loud. My favs top 5: 1 - Never Been Hurt, 2 - Made in the USA, 3 - Without the love, 4 - Two Pieces, 5 - Warrior.
  24. Dec 21, 2014
    Her vocal performances needn't be doubtful, but she needs to find more mature materials and leaves teen-pop in her next albums. The tracks in this album are mostly magnificent though "Something That We're Not" is my most disliked. "Never Been Hurt" is too-much alike Kelly Clarkson but still a good song.

★★★★★: None ★★★★: "Heart Attack"; "Without the Love"; "Neon Lights";

★★★★★:
    None

★★★★:
    "Heart Attack"; "Without the Love"; "Neon Lights"; "Nightingale"; "Fire Starter"; "Never Been Hurt"; "Shouldn't Come Back"; "Warrior"

★★★:
    "Made in the USA"; "Two Pieces"; "In Case"; "Really Don't Care"

★★:
    "Something That We're Not"

None
  25. Feb 17, 2015
    love it! omg demi this is like such a masterpiece and i'm totally really proud of how good you are! certain hits from this album and i'm so proud :) :)
  26. Apr 16, 2015
    PT (BR): 'Um tombo aqui e outro lá, digamos, razoável'. Diria eu, após ouvir o sucessor do 'Unbroken', não me surpreendi muito visto que não é lá grande coisa mas também não é tão pior que o tal. As que eu destacaria do álbum de maneira positiva com certeza são 'Heart Attack', 'Made in The U.S.A', 'Neon Lights', 'Warrior' e a melhor não só deste álbum como da carreira da Demi Lovato, aPT (BR): 'Um tombo aqui e outro lá, digamos, razoável'. Diria eu, após ouvir o sucessor do 'Unbroken', não me surpreendi muito visto que não é lá grande coisa mas também não é tão pior que o tal. As que eu destacaria do álbum de maneira positiva com certeza são 'Heart Attack', 'Made in The U.S.A', 'Neon Lights', 'Warrior' e a melhor não só deste álbum como da carreira da Demi Lovato, a faixa 'Without The Love'. É Simplesmente ... maravilhosa, uma ótima balada romântica. Uma burrice imensa não ter feito single sendo que até mesmo 'Nightingale' ganhou clipe, uma das piores.

EN (US): 'A fall here and another there, say, reasonable'. I would say, after hearing the successor of 'Unbroken', I was not surprised much as it is not up to much but also not as worse than this. The I highlight the positively album are sure 'Heart Attack', 'Made in The USA', 'Neon Lights',' Warrior 'and the best not only in this album as the Demi Lovato career, the band' without The Love '. It's just ... wonderful, a great ballad. An immense stupidity not have done that even single being 'Nightingale' won clip, one of the worst.
  27. Jun 10, 2015
    'DEMi' delivers the fun, bubblegum pop side of her career as an musician, while still lacks the courage to take control of her own creativity through her music. With singles aimed for the radio (which some failed) like 'Neon Lights' and 'Made in the USA', Hollywood records forced a Top 40 sound to Ms. Lovato. Sonically, the album is catchy and able to be listened more than twice.
  28. Aug 19, 2015
    Eu amo muito esse álbum dela, pra mim é uma das melhores cantoras que tem hoje e quanto às pessoas que fica vindo boicotar as notas, como já vi, só não ouvir, os haters nunca irão fazer diferença nenhuma da carreira dela. Espero que Demi consiga alcançar muita coisa boa ainda, pq ela é uma excelente cantora e compositora, diferente de outras aí né.
  29. Sep 1, 2015
    Esse álbum é ótimo, todas as músicas me agradam de algum jeito. Consigo escuta-ló sem passar nenhuma música, e isso é ótimo pois significa que você gostou do álbum.
  30. Sep 10, 2015
    The best album that Demi has released since now and the most mature!!! I love its emotional styleand Demi seems to have became a strong mature pop artist!!!
  31. Sep 18, 2015
    I used to listen her and now I did again and I still like this album. Ballades in here are amazing and her voice, ahhhh, is fantastic. One of the most talented Disney girls. (After XTina, obviously).
  32. Sep 24, 2015
    Demi Lovato has evolved a lot in this last album. The disc already begins with the hit Heart Attack. This is surely an A M A Z I N G album! No wonder it sold 1 million copies ww.
  33. Oct 9, 2015
    One of the best teen albums in my opinion, is something enjoyable to hear, sounds like an anthem, loved, very kind, I recommend you listen. omg omg omg
  34. Oct 13, 2015
    Esse album é ótimo, ela exagerou um pouco nas baladinhas romanticas mas é bem legal. Os vocais estão perfeitos e as letras das músicas são maravilhosas. Destaque para 'Two Pieces', 'Heart Attack', 'I Hate You, Don't Leave Me', 'Fire Starter', 'Never Been Hurt' e principalmente para 'Warrior' e 'Nightingale'.
  35. Oct 16, 2015
    So good, but, Confident is better, still is good. Loved this album, everyone should hear this, this shows how Demi evolved, and she's getting better always.
  36. Oct 17, 2015
    The best album of 2013. Such a masterpiece. In love with the songs, very catchy and sassy songs. Amazing vocal performance, no auto-tune. Pop perfection.
  37. Oct 17, 2015
    Demi managed to evolve on this album, but only vocally, the quality has fallen enough, WHERE THE DEMI'S Unbroken ?? The songs are good, but the beats do not save, letters such as Warrior and Made In The USA saved the album, even the last being very annoying.
  38. Dec 15, 2015
    This album has almost all elements to have a good music. First, the diversity of the songs is perfect. If you want to party or have fun you can find songs from the album. If you're sad and heartbroken you can also choose from the album. If you want someone to inspire you to get moving with your life you can play some of the songs. Secondly, her vocals are great. Not as great with herThis album has almost all elements to have a good music. First, the diversity of the songs is perfect. If you want to party or have fun you can find songs from the album. If you're sad and heartbroken you can also choose from the album. If you want someone to inspire you to get moving with your life you can play some of the songs. Secondly, her vocals are great. Not as great with her latest album, confdent but still great. You can feel her emotions and intentions and thats what important. Demi keep slaying. Expand
  39. Jan 28, 2016
    Se por um lado temos canções que parecem um tanto infantis quanto Made in the USA e Really Don't Care podemos ver Demi amadurecendo de outro: Os altos vocais de Neon Lights e Wariior impressionam qualquer um tanto pela voz quanto pela maturidade ao longo dos trabalhos. Demi é um álbum que serve de introdução à nova fase da carreira dessa cantora, apesar de alguns erros - que na verdadeSe por um lado temos canções que parecem um tanto infantis quanto Made in the USA e Really Don't Care podemos ver Demi amadurecendo de outro: Os altos vocais de Neon Lights e Wariior impressionam qualquer um tanto pela voz quanto pela maturidade ao longo dos trabalhos. Demi é um álbum que serve de introdução à nova fase da carreira dessa cantora, apesar de alguns erros - que na verdade sejam até perdoáveis se tratanto de uma musica pop que quer agradar radios - ela consegue fazem um ballanço entre o que ela tinha apresentado nos álbuns anteriores, mostrando uma boa diversidade através do álbum, também. Demi pode não ter agradado os fãs ao lançar esse material, mas algumas vezes é necessário esse passo para continuar seguindo e não cair num cíclo repetitivo. Expand

1. May 17, 2013
    It's predictable stuff--sassy songs, lovelorn songs, a couple of pop-psych pep talks--but Lovato is good company, and her voice has gustiness and character.
  2. May 15, 2013
    Ultimately, this isn't an album of purpose, it's a collection of moments, and it has just enough good ones to solidify Demi Lovato's comeback.
  3. May 13, 2013
    [An] often impressive fourth album.