• Record Label: RCA
7.3

Review this album

1. BillyW.
    Nov 7, 2001
    I am a huge DMB fan, so I would give anything of their's a ten, but this album is awesome. Nearly every song has it's own little thing about it that makes it awesome. And although there are no Boyd Tinsley violin jams, or Carter drum solos, or Leroi sax solos, the CD is still worth getting. Another great release by the always impressive Dave Matthews Band.
  2. Darlene
    Jan 9, 2005
    In the spirit of love and positive enerergy I think this CD is great. "everday" is my anthem! Bring it on in Jesus name :)
  3. saraj
    Feb 10, 2005
    i love david matthews there the shit!
  4. Grant
    Oct 30, 2001
    This is a remarkable album, with an incredible new sound. Dave and the guys have pulled it off again. Song after song is pure brilliance. The new beats and more focused aspect is amazing. Even though there are not as many instrumentals as we have become to expect, the band does not leave you disappointed.
  5. ChrisK.
    Aug 22, 2001
    every song on this album is great!!
  6. Paulos
    Jul 7, 2005
    It's a great album! Thank You DMB for Your music!
  7. RogerR.
    May 18, 2001
    genius work, amazing
  8. Sasha
    Jul 22, 2001
    I love Dave so I'm going to stick by him through thick and thin. This album isn't one of the best, it's definitely not as awesome as the older stuff, but that's just because of Ballard's influence I'm sure. In concert, Dave will do his own thing and make these songs sound just as badass as every other song on every other album.
  9. DavidJ.
    Aug 2, 2001
    Excellent work!!!
  10. M.J.Scrivens
    Aug 7, 2001
    all I can say is how cool is it to hear Dave play electric??
  11. Hannah
    Feb 3, 2002
    I am a huge fan of DMB. I have every CD, Concert CD... I was a little disappointed but it's still a great CD.
  12. PeteF.
    Apr 11, 2002
    Dave already established himself as an immensely talented musician with beautiful lyrics. Now it has come time to push his border. I think its the challenge of every artist to change their style, and if you can do it sucessfully (like this album) then you can prove yourself in the long run.
  13. melissam.
    Nov 17, 2004
    if anyone can't give this cd is atleast a 8 isn't a true dave fan and needs to keep his or her comments to themselves bc this cd seriously ROCKED! i think it's one of his best, personally. so, Dom S. , Jenny P. , Jeffery D. who rated this cd as a 0 just proved they have no knowledge of true music and in my humble opinion have NO TASTE in music. DAVE MATTHEWS BAND ROCCCCCCKS!!!!!
  14. TomC
    Apr 17, 2004
    So underrated, I agreed it was average on first listen but on closer inspection fantastic (except for sleep to dream her). So Right could easily be the best DMB song ever!
  15. JohnnyM
    Jul 27, 2005
    This CD captures Daves true feelings. Its a good reflection of him and his Band, and oh by the way the music sounds pretty good too.
  16. EricB
    Apr 7, 2006
    For anyone who really knows what good music is;pretty much a music majoir like myself, would have to know that Dave Matthews is increadably musicly talented, and anyone who differs is most likely some emo head that shouldn't even open there mouths!!
  17. JacobS.
    Oct 17, 2001
    This is the sweetest album I've ever heard
  18. JesssicaM.
    Jun 17, 2001
    Ballard's a dumbass. He convinced Dave and the band that his cd's audience wasn't as indulgent as those of his live shows- thereby making the songs shorter and robbing them of their wonderful character. I'm sure it will be marvelous live, though. Nevertheless, it's Dave, and I'll never leave him. I give him a 10.
  19. Ranney
    Apr 21, 2002
    dude, it's dave, it's a ten.
  20. BrianC
    Feb 21, 2005
    I really thought that this was a great album for the group. They really produced more of a rock feel then any other. Great album.
  21. JennL
    Mar 25, 2005
    Dave always finds his way into everyones heart. It's hard to listen to a song and NOT fall in love with his band. I'm a fan for life and this is just one of his MANY great creations. :)

1. A bumpy ride that finds [producer Glen] Ballard attempting to rein in Matthews' self-indulgent tendencies, with varying degrees of success, to ditch his jam-band image for a sleeker sound.
  2. And though the smarter songs (the more personal "If I Had It All," the easygoing "Fool to Think") benefit from the concision, the group's newfound musical sharpness isn't that of a world-class bar band but that of an outsize stadium act -- all grand gesture and larger-than-life lyrics. Sometimes, as on "I Did It," the band recaptures the spirit of seventies rock in all its innocent fun. Other times, especially on the cloying, overdramatic "The Space Between," it recaptures only those moments that involve holding a lighter high above one's head.
    The result of all this glorious epiphany is a record that remains on par with the last few DMB albums, filled with laid back grooves that beg for volume.