• Record Label: Atlantic
8.0

Review this album

1. JenniferN.
    Oct 28, 2001
    A TEN you say!? Well, c'mon this is Bush! For Bush fans, their last album was a 7.5. This time around, they not only return with a harder edge, they have made an album that competes with the fresh sounds of their first two releases.
  2. AlexA
    Jul 10, 2009
    This album may be bush's worst, but it is still a great album.
  3. JillL.
    Jan 10, 2002
    i love this cd, it is very good.
  4. JerodS.
    Nov 20, 2001
    A breath of fresh air from a band that was slowly going down the drain artistically. They return to a simpler more rock oriented sound and it pays off. Headful of Ghosts, The People That We Love, and Superman are all very catchy classic Bush songs!
  5. EchoD.
    Oct 27, 2001
    I think this is what we've come to expect from Bush, but I'm glad that it's more of a group effort. The guitars are more to forefront with almost no electronic/hi-tech production. This album does its job: it rocks. It's not a breakthrough, but it rocks.
  6. NicW.
    Jan 23, 2002
    This is probably the best album I've heard in years; the crits must be stupid.
  7. ElizabethS.
    Jan 4, 2002
    This is such a kickass cd. I love pretty much every song on it and if the critics cant see that they must be blind.
  8. AbeE.
    Sep 13, 2002
    Bush has done it again. Their best work yet!!
  9. breets
    May 7, 2003
    its great!! bush its amazing
  10. AndrewC.
    Dec 17, 2001
    This album kicks all the critics asses cuz the critics suck ass cuz they don't no shit about music. This album is just awesome
  11. BeSappy
    Dec 29, 2001
    Consistently good album without any obvious weak songs. They've written better but it'll take alot to conquer 'Razorblade Suitcase'.
  12. LauraM.
    Jan 16, 2002
    All Bush music is great, but it didn't quite reach the level that it's other albums did.
  13. SandraT.
    Dec 29, 2001
    They never cease to amaze.... :-)

1. Gavin Rossdale's delicious rasp is still unequivocally sexy, but his melodies are rote versions of the same old song.
  2. 'Golden State' is easily the band's most accomplished record and should stand as one of the best British rock albums of 2001.
  3. Another sturdy set of radio-ready rock. [26 Oct 2001, p.124]